ROM Hack Gun Gun Pixies Lewd Mod?

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to convert the semi nude patch for Gun Gun Pixies on vita by froid_san over on the vita subreddit to work with the recently released English Nintendo Switch Version of Gun Gun Pixies?

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you sure can, But that's besides the point. I thought someone would inevitably ask about this at some point, so I decided to just be the one that asks first. Anyway, I was just asking if it's possible to convert a vita patch to a switch patch for the same games. I know it's possible in some cases for pc to switch patch/mod conversions like final fantasy 7 mods on pc to switch.
You could just straight up say no it's not, or say yes it is but would need some sort of hex editing or just straight up ignore my post. Also it's not like I'm demanding someone to do it. I'm only asking if such a thing is possible in the first place in my post, Thats All.
Sorry for the giant wall of text.

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
sure it's possible, ported a few translation ports from the switch to the vita, i see no problem why vita to switch mods are not possible.

though I can't make one since my switch is a patched version so no hacks for mods testing.

Reactions: astrocapsule

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay that's all I was curious about. Sorry to have tagged your name froid_san in the post. I did not know if links were allowed to be posted on gbatemp so I mentioned your name so people would know what I was talking about. I might spend some hours tinkering with the vita patch and layered fs to see if something would change on the switch version, Though I probably won't get far. Thanks for confirming that it's possible before I wasted time potentially trying to do something that was doomed to fail from the start.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did look into the Vita patch, they use a modified dlc to load modified game files.
the uncensor mod only changes ef_mosaic00.btx & ef_mosaic02.btx, but the lewd mod changes almost all underwear textures, over 300 changed files.

In the switch version we can't do that, because the dlc is just a unlocker, it doesn't contain files, but this is only a minor problem, we can just repack the armHD_nx.cpk, but this decreases the sd card space by 2 GB.
The bigger problem are the texture files itself, they still have *.btx as extension, but they have a much higher resolution and a different file format.

Vita uses 256x256 GXT (DXT texture compression), Switch uses 512x512 SHTXP4 (RGB raw colors)
someone needs to write a new converter and someone needs to create higher res textures.

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Editing the high res texture from the switch is much easier, since I just basically grab the parts needed for the lewd patch from... either senran kagura estival versus or Valkyrie Drive PC lewd mods (forgot which I've used). So they are indeed high resolution.

Smythius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the direction of how to apply texture mods on a Nintendo switch? I have the modded files, and an NSP of Gun Gun Pixies installed. I need to know what else I need or what I have to place where to get anything to work.

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the root of your MicroSD card, there should be a folder named atmosphere or sxos if you are using sxos, there should be a folder named contents or titles inside that folder, create a folder with the name of your game's Title ID inside of the contents or titles folder. Inside of that, make a folder called romfs. Your mod files will go in here. To use the mod, simply boot the console into CFW, then boot the game, and the mod will be active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: