Guitary work.. Feedback please!

Bourbanog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, if you didn't guess, I play guitar!
smile.gif

A while ago I went to a studio (A friend of mine owns it, nothing professional!) And just put down a guitar track and did some improv over it. Uh, yeah. Comments, feedback appreciated.
biggrin.gif

http://rapidshare.com/files/76510091/01_Track_01.mp3.html

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guitar sound!

The record itself is good. I'm not crying out to the heavens, since it does have a few flaws in my opinion, like overdoing it a bit on the high notes. It's a nice add, but it starts to feel a bit forced after 2 times.

At 0:13 there's a short rest. I expected a nice comeback there, but you kept yourself in unfortunately.
0:18 - 0:23 is a really good part, to me it's pretty much the highlight of your guitar solo.
0:24 - 0:30 sounds a bit messed up, but the intention is good. Just fix it on a different take.

It ends in a good way, but still leaves room for improvement.

All in all, I'd say it's a pretty good take and with some more tweaking it will make a real good guitar solo. I haven't heard the rest of the song, so I'm not sure if it is appropiate in the context of the entire song, but these are just my random findings after listening to it a few times based on this part.

Hope it helps and keep it up!

Bourbanog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, as I said I was only improvising. It's not part of a song or anything, the only thing I had in mind beforehand was the riff idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.