ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think once the next GHDS game comes out (for those that don't know; you can stream the songs from the new GHDS to GHOT and vice versa for multiplayer)
Someone can examine how it works and it may offer some insight or reveal some security flaws

D

Deleted User

You really think they will let us (them) do it?
This is already hard. In the next, will be harder.

alex said:
LET THIS DAMN TOPIC DIE!
dammit...

DIE FIRST.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that this isn't getting us anywhere. Although I would like to see custom songs in GHOT, it just isn't going to happen right now. We need a GOB compiler before we can get custom songs to work. Like Swatkinz said, it isn't going to just pop up out of nowhere. Not to mention the fact that no one ever fully figured out how the chart files for GHOT work, which would still take a lot of time.

The best thing to do at this point is to let this topic die. When the new game comes out, hopefully it will bring some of the people that know what they are doing back to the project, so that we can finally have custom songs.

We need to be patient. Jumping on to this topic and saying things like, "Please make custom songs work. Thanks!" does not help. If it were that easy, it would be done by now. Just wait. It will happen eventually, but not before the next game comes out at least.

Like alex said, let this topic die. When the new game comes out, more people will be willing to help, and when that happens we can start a new topic.

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the Guitar Hero Decades the songs are in ogg format!
ohmy.gif

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there in the same format, but i wander if we can "switch" songs between the two games and just have a custom rom with the best songs from each cartridge? then atleast we wont have to switch cartridges and all we would have to do is change the setlist names

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
unsteadycarrot said:
there in the same format, but i wander if we can "switch" songs between the two games and just have a custom rom with the best songs from each cartridge? then atleast we wont have to switch cartridges and all we would have to do is change the setlist names
That is actually a pretty good idea...

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wabsta said:
unsteadycarrot said:

ill switch out the oggs and hwas for one song and see if it works on the old on tour, if it does, ill then try and change the frets. shouldnt be too hard.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
unsteadycarrot said:
wabsta said:
unsteadycarrot said:

ill switch out the oggs and hwas for one song and see if it works on the old on tour, if it does, ill then try and change the frets. shouldnt be too hard.
Well, all you would have to do is switch the songs, and find out what frequency or whatever decades does, to connect and add songs onto on tour.
You could also if its possible, make it so that instead of sending songs, it would send something else, like a virus, except it could replace the song permanately. i know it might not make sense, but what im thinking of is something like the wii, where the twlight hack you trick it into running the program.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Balrogs.Pain said:
Well, all you would have to do is switch the songs, and find out what frequency or whatever decades does, to connect and add songs onto on tour.
You could also if its possible, make it so that instead of sending songs, it would send something else, like a virus, except it could replace the song permanately. i know it might not make sense, but what im thinking of is something like the wii, where the twlight hack you trick it into running the program.
permanently would be near-impossible, completely impossible for a real card.
songs are stored in ROM(except the ones you share, which are stored in RAM)
ROM is Read Only Memory, which is storage memory that is natively incapable of being altered after something is written onto it.
altough roms(yes confusing) on your flashcart aren't stored in ROM, they still don't have any file writing code except to write to the .sav file.
and writing a complete FAT writing system, and then injecting it into the memory of a different DS along with a complete song, just isn't going to work.

the meaning of some terms as i used them in this text:
RAM=memory(Random Access Memory)
ROM=Read Only Memory
rom=virtual copy of the contents of Read Only Memory(.nds file)
FAT=the filesystem used by DS flashcarts to find and manage data located on a storage device(usually a microSD)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
thedicemaster, you might have an easier time explaining stuff like that if you differentiate between ROM and a ROM image, rather than using capitalisation alone. By explaining that the things people call ROMs are technically ROM images, you basically have it covered and shouldn't have to worry about ambiguity with the acronym "ROM".

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What I think will happen is.
a program will be made for transmitting a pre-made file to the guitar hero game via a wireless router.
its possible.
And even better, REAL games could use it too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...