Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sound is in mono, unfortunately, on the 1+80's. And it's VERY noticeable(at least to me anyways). Minor gripe with an otherwise great hack. Very Recommended. And also, PM me if you grab and use the 1+80's with your friend code so we can play online.
grog.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
The sound is in mono, unfortunately, on the 1+80's. And it's VERY noticeable(at least to me anyways). Minor gripe with an otherwise great hack. Very Recommended. And also, PM me if you grab and use the 1+80's with your friend code so we can play online.
grog.gif

Ugh... maybe I won't bother. I have a 5.1 surround system and the original Mono version was just unbearable to me. I'm actually a professional musician IRL, so sound is HUGE for me, especially in a game on music. But I'll get you my friend code for the official game when I get the chance. This is my first GH game though, so I screw up a lot on Hard mode in the first half and have a real tough time with some of the later tracks.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, i'm really puzzled, why the hell am i having the original charts and others say it works fine. What could have happened?

I'm pretty sure we all have the same release, there's only one on newsgroup, i repaired it with the par2 files that have been posted the day after and it extracted and burned fine. The game works but there is no arguing i have the new songs thats for sure but it's definitly the original charts. If i try barracuda, it's easy to recognize the bunch of green frets during the well known guitar riff.

I'm really puzzled, how is that possible? The fact that i can't find any possibilities at what could have gone wrong bothers me more than the fact that i can't play it.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabo said:
Wow, i'm really puzzled, why the hell am i having the original charts and others say it works fine. What could have happened?

I'm pretty sure we all have the same release, there's only one on newsgroup, i repaired it with the par2 files that have been posted the day after and it extracted and burned fine. The game works but there is no arguing i have the new songs thats for sure but it's definitly the original charts. If i try barracuda, it's easy to recognize the bunch of green frets during the well known guitar riff.

I'm really puzzled, how is that possible? The fact that i can't find any possibilities at what could have gone wrong bothers me more than the fact that i can't play it.

Ummm how are you trying Barracuda when that song shouldn't even be listed on the GH1 & 80s DVD? I assume you mean the slot that is supposed to have the song Barracuda? I played quite a few more songs last night and no problems with any of the songs I tried on hard setting. I don't know what difficulty level you're playing but you are using the same release as me since you made reference to the missing pars that wasn't posted originally.

Also someone else has posted another GH1 & 80s which looks complete (haven't tried it) so I don't know if that is the same release repackaged (since it has a different amount of RARs) so it isn't the only release out now.

Did you burn it on a rewriteable DVD or a standard DVD?

The MD5 checksum I have on the ISO (after repairing it) is 6a9e14b074bd36ffcf1538ecd5d52256 *Guitar.Hero.I.and.80s.beta.Wii.iso

So if yours doesn't match that, I'd say there's something wrong with your ISO.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
CuriousG said:
wabo said:

Ummm how are you trying Barracuda when that song shouldn't even be listed on the GH1 & 80s DVD? I assume you mean the slot that is supposed to have the song Barracuda? I played quite a few more songs last night and no problems with any of the songs I tried on hard setting. I don't know what difficulty level you're playing but you are using the same release as me since you made reference to the missing pars that wasn't posted originally.

Is your wii set to a different language?
I had mine set to Spanish and the name of the songs was the same as in the original version and also some songs would continue without any music playing in the background, setting the wii to English fixed it.

If that's not the case, I have no idea what else could it be.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CuriousG said:
Ummm how are you trying Barracuda when that song shouldn't even be listed on the GH1 & 80s DVD? I assume you mean the slot that is supposed to have the song Barracuda?
Also someone else has posted another GH1 & 80s which looks complete (haven't tried it) so I don't know if that is the same release repackaged (since it has a different amount of RARs) so it isn't the only release out now.

Did you burn it on a rewriteable DVD or a standard DVD?

The MD5 checksum I have on the ISO (after repairing it) is 6a9e14b074bd36ffcf1538ecd5d52256 *Guitar.Hero.I.and.80s.beta.Wii.iso
-Indeed i'm talking about the song that use barracuda's slot
-Burned on standard -R DVD, Verbatim
-MD5 is 6A9E14B074BD36FFCF1538ECD5D52256

Hooya said:
What mode are you trying and what difficulty? That might be an indicator.
-Tried them all

QUOTE(lagman @ Apr 5 2008, 04:25 PM)
Is your wii set to a different language?
I had mine set to Spanish and the name of the songs was the same as in the original version and also some songs would continue without any music playing in the background, setting the wii to English fixed it.

If that's not the case, I have no idea what else could it be.
Well, my Wii is indeed in french, i think you just found the culprit lagman, will try tonight and report but i'm pretty sure that's the problem!
I was really going crazy, there was no logic that could explain what was happening

mlrtime3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just burned, verified md5 = 6a9e14b074bd36ffcf1538ecd5d52256

Everything seems to work fine for me, this is very cool. :bowdown: to whoever created this and to whoever uploaded it.

Played about 6 songs so far and 5-stared them all.

One thing I noticed is that the guitar sound seems to be lower than GHIII songs. I have Guitar set to 11 and all else set to 8.

Very nice, thanks again.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After putting my Wii settings in English, the game works just fine. That was indeed the problem. Thanks guys.

Insanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just dumped gh3 iso and when I try to open with Trucha Signer it says it's not a Wii game. It's missing signature 5D1C9EA3. Anyone else got this problem? I'm using friidump by the way

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if this isn't the greatest triumph for the wii home brew scene so far i don't know what is. especially since they shot down DLC for wii GH3.

mlrtime3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed, Activision and Nintendo really missed the boat on this one. The game dynamics really don't need to change all that much ,we just want more songs. I'd certainly would pay for them as well instead of spending days on creating a custom disc.

miketa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markinca said:
Hmm, I must be a tard, because I downloaded teh guitar hero 1/80's that's on newsgroups, and my wii is giving me a 'unable to read disc' error.

I used the same media/burning speed I do with all the other wii iso's I get.

I'm using a NTSC/U wii with 3.2U/Wiikey 1.9s. I'm new to this homebrew stuff; am I supposed to do something before I put the disc in?

Thanks!

Have you had any luck resolving this issue yet? I'm having the exact same problem as you are...

I've got a NTSC/U Wii, 3.1U with a Wiikey 1.9s. I use Verbatim DVD-R DataLifePlus media, I burn with Nero at 4x, and this is the same process that I have used for every other Wii game I have (200+) which I have had no issues with. I didn't even have any trouble playing the DVD9 SSBB, even without the 1.9s firmware.

I downloaded the GH1/80s off Usenet, used Quickpar to repair. I verified the checksum of the iso is indeed correct (6a9e14b074bd36ffcf1538ecd5d52256). I burn with Nero at 4x and my Wii won't read the disc. I tried on DVD+RW and DVD-R (both Verbatim) and both to no avail.

I have two other custom GH discs that I got off a popular "feline" torrent site, and they work just fine. This one particular iso (Guitar.Hero.I.and.80s.beta.Wii) is the only thing I've ever burned that has not worked for me, and I can't see a reason why.

I'm pretty much out of ideas here...can any of you guys offer up a suggestion?

Thanks!

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody have information on this?. It was just posted on usenet, the setlist looks like a mix of guitar hero II with guitar hero III

The filename is
Guitar.Hero.3.Stereo.USA.Wii.Custom.GH2

Starting out small
* slowride - shout at the devil
* talk dirty to me - mother
* hit me with your best shot - surrender
* story of my life - woman
* rock and roll all nite - tonight I'm gonna
* sabotage - ace of spades(GH1)

Your first real gig
* mississippi queen - strutter
* schools out - you relly got me
* sunshine of your love - message in a bottle
* barracuda - heart-shaped box
* bulls on parade - carry on wayward son
* reptilia - de control(GH1)

Making the video
* when you were young - monkey wrench
* miss murder - them bones
* the seeker - search and destroy
* lay down - tattooed love boys
* paint it black - war pigs
* suck my kiss - fat lip(GH1)

European invasion
* paranoid - cherry pie
* anarachy in the uk - who was in my room
* koolthing - girlfriend
* my name is Jonas - can't you hear me
* evenflow - sweet child
* cities on flame - heart full of notes(GH1)

Big house blues
* holiday in cambodia - killing in the name of
* rock you like a hurricane - John fisherman
* same old song and dance - freya
* lagrange - bad reputation
* welcome to the jungle - last child
* helicopter - I love rock n roll(GH1)

The hottest band on earth
* black magic woman - crazy on you
* cherub rock - trippin on a hole
* black sunshine - rock this town
* the metal - Jessica
* pride and joy - Stop (had to change this, sry, new song "Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand)(GH1)
* monsters - infected

Live in Japan
* before I forget - madhouse
* stricken - carry me home
* threes and sevens - laid to rest
* knights of cydonia - psycho Billy
* cult of personality - yyz

Battle for your soul
* raining blood - beast and the harlot
* cliffs of dover - institutionalized
* number of the beast - misirlou
* one - hangar 18

Bonus songs
* avalancha - free bird
* belly of a shark - collide
* can't be saved - elephant bones
* closer - fall of pangea
* don't hold back - ftk
* down n dirty - gemini
* fcp remix - Jordan
* generation rock - lady lightning
* go that far - laugh track
* hier kommt Alex - less talk more rock
* I'm in the band - mr fix it
* impulse - new black
* inlove - one for the road
* mauvaisgarcon - parasite
* metal heavy lady - radium eyes
* minus celsius - rawdog
* my curse - red lottery
* nothing for me here - six
* prayer of the refugee - soy bomb
* radiosong - the light that binds
* ruby - thunder horse
* she bangs a drum - trogdor
* take this life - xstream
* the way it ends - yes we can
* through fire and flames - thunderkiss 65(GH1)

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
shadow_cruiser said:
Anybody have information on this?. It was just posted on usenet, the setlist looks like a mix of guitar hero II with guitar hero III

The filename is
Guitar.Hero.3.Stereo.USA.Wii.Custom.GH2

It's legit, the set list is: GH II plus a couple songs from GHI.
Downloading it right now.
Spikdrianman strikes again.

I've been informed that it's not the whole setlist from GH2 + some GH1 tracks, some GH2 songs are missing and were replaced by the GH1 songs, most likely due to space issues.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That disc was made by Schattiz from a private tracker and was meant to be private. That being said, it's not that great of a disc. Several songs have audio issues and the set list isn't 100% true to the original GHII disc. I'm making my own GHII disc now to compliment my GHI and GH80s discs.

Speaking of which, if you ever see GHI or GH80s made by loesjoel with the ISO name gh3-gh1.iso or gh3-gh80.iso, please let me know where you saw it as I made them myself for a private tracker and am just trying to see if they've been ripped off. Believe me, I'm not asking where to download them, like I said, I made the ISO's, but I'm curious to see where else they've been uploaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum