Gaming Guitar Hero DSi Idea

shortperson1026

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of us know that the Nintendo DSi has no GBA slot, meaning no GH... or so we think.

As some of us may know, a new game is coming out specifically for the DSi that allows the DSi to connect wirelessly to an external peripheral which logs how many steps you take and other info.

I was thinking; Why can't Guitar Hero do the same?

Basically they could include a peripheral that clings on the DSi and connects wirelessly. It could be powered either by a rechargeable battery or possibly through the AC jack. (IF it can put out power)

WiFi speed may also be an issue. I've considered a peripheral that could connect through the SD slot, but the slot cover would get in the way. Direct connectivity to the game slot may also be a possibility but that may make the game too bulky.

My last thought would be a custom game cartridge with a connector on top. The peripheral would cling on and have a small wire that plugs in the game cartridge.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Discuss them here
smile.gif

tkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guitar hero people wont try again. nintendo fucked them in the ass with the dsi, and I think they will just keep supporting the on tour series with the gba port guitar.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Man it sounds cool. But i dun think it really will work anyways, that'll cost too much. Plus there are still MANY ppl who have DS Phat and Lite so why waste time and money developing a new way of playing.

Or maybe they could use the camera creatively like in Warioware: Snapped (Though I heard it sucked) to replace the guitar grip?

John Lennon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kingfield said:
No its not.

QFT

the guitar hero franchise is getting worse and worse and the last thing we need to see is another on tour game. the whole point of guitar hero is that the peripheral is guitar shaped so you can pretend to play guitar. the GBA slot peripheral is just some buttons on a ds, what are you supposed to be playing? harmonica?

joghuj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the point considering various methods to play Guitar games on the DSi? Play it on the DS or play something else.

I think a good idea would be to connect a latex sex doll to the DS and interact with it until the battery ran out but it's not going to happen so I carry on playing Mario Kart instead to strengthen my wrists...

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The D-pad hack will really only get you so far. As for me, I didn't have the patience to get used to the hack. Luckily, the grip came along in a bundle (along with my CycloDS) with the DS. As for your DSi ideas, it's possible but not probable. If they can profit, then why not?

joghuj: That's amazing. I never knew Mario Kart involves the wrists. Maybe I never reached that professional level of playing!
tongue.gif

R3AKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
joghuj said:
so I carry on playing Mario Kart instead to strengthen my wrists...

YEA snaking lol, with the new D-pad on the DSi I find it less strenuous.
yaynds.gif

But back on topic, I never was a fan of the guitar hero idea on a DS. Like c'mon only 4 buttons? Although the wireless idea seems to be the best one. I'm pretty sure the power/charging port doesn't send any data to the DSi other than telling it to turn on the light to say its charging.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the makers of Guitar Hero saying they had an idea of how to make a new GH that will work on the DSi. Let's just wait and see what their idea is.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guitar Hero was dog turd on the DS anyway, why do people care so much? I would like to avoid making my arthritis even worse thanks, Guitar Hero was terrible on the fingers and wrists for the DS.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
kaboose said:
Kingfield said:
No its not.

QFT

the guitar hero franchise is getting worse and worse and the last thing we need to see is another on tour game. the whole point of guitar hero is that the peripheral is guitar shaped so you can pretend to play guitar. the GBA slot peripheral is just some buttons on a ds, what are you supposed to be playing? harmonica?
wtf did you quote me for, did you actually know what i'm saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.