Guitar hero DS clone

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wh1tebird, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Wh1tebird
    OP

Wh1tebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    Belgium
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I got the game Guitar hero : Modern hits I was wondering if it was possible to download new songs to play, just like frets on fire (a Guitar hero clone for the PC), but it wasn't, yet, i read somewhere people were trying to use the original guitar hero rom and 'hack it to use new frets and songs, but they aren't finished yet.

So i came up with this, just like frets on fire, why wouldn't it be possible to make a complete clone of guitar hero, but name it otherwise, (eg DS guitar master or something else) and that clone would be a homebrew game made with palib.

I am currently pretty unexperienced with homebrew programming, but I know this is possible, and i know a LOT of people are going to use the program if it's ever finished :-)

So is someone interested in collaberating with me for a quest of a Guitar hero clone?

with kind regards, Wh1tebird

2. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    AHEM

Need I say more? Though not exactly what you asked for, it is the closest currently.

3. Wh1tebird
    OP

Wh1tebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    Belgium
    Ow, now i feel bad, i searched a lot though, but yes, this is something i had in mind,
    but i am stil willing to make one myself with 4 strings and support for the guitar grip

thank you very much for the link [​IMG]

4. Bookwormz13971

Bookwormz13971 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2009
    United States
    Hell
    This was all tried before and the project ended up dead. And I believe it was because they couldn't find a .GOB packer.

5. Wh1tebird
    OP

Wh1tebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    Belgium
    do you maybe have a link to the original project? That would be very kind [​IMG]

6. Bookwormz13971

Jun 22, 2009
    United States
    Hell
  7. Bookwormz13971

Jun 22, 2009
    United States
    Hell
  8. Wh1tebird
    OP

Wh1tebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    Belgium
    ok, thank you Bookwormz13971, maybe i can get the source for it, otherwise i'll have to start from nothing, if so, someone interested in collaberating ?

9. hypernado

hypernado Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2009
    Canada
    um, why dont we just bug wazmo until he'll give us the source. (For fret fury) if not, i suppose we could start from scratch....

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have a lot of time, since i have virtually no life.

EDIT: i am going to PM wazmo right now, see if he/ll give me the sdource.

10. hypernado

hypernado Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2009
    Canada
    This dosent support custom songs.

11. Wh1tebird
    OP

Wh1tebird Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2009
    Belgium
    well that's fantastic! oh and i pm'ed musturd about the source too.

oh, and what's your experience exactly with NDS homebrew programming? Do you know about PAlib?

12. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    Which is why I said what I said.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice