Guitar Hero 5

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiStrudle, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010

Guitar Hero 5 by WiiStrudle at 10:07 PM (859 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. WiiStrudle
    OP

Newcomer WiiStrudle Member

Canada
    I know this has been covered in 500+ posts, but I don't see a resolution to my freezing issue. I do have GH5 running under the configurable usb loader, and after about 3 songs, or sometimes less, it just randomly freezes. I do have Hermes 222 and 223 loaded, and used pimp my wii to go to the newest ones. All other games load fine this is the only problem game to date. Is there anything i can do to fix this.

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    lol go back and read again.............

3. WiiStrudle
    OP

Canada
    Here I go digging again....Maybe this time in the 500+ posts, I'll see it. If I can stop it from freezing after a couple of songs...I'll be happy....

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    *sigh*

Well...what TRushInfo is pointing out, is that it is a rather well known issue: configurable usb loader doesn't handle music games correctly when using the recent versions of Hermes's cIOS'es. And that means you've got 3 ways to get it to work:

1. use uloader instead. This one doesn't handle .wbfs files, and since the .ciso is too large for a FAT32 drive, it means you either have to use a WBFS partition or a disc.
    2. downgrade at least one cIOS back to v4...and install it as a merge of 38 and 37. Use that one to run your game
    3. install Waninkoko's rev19 with a base IOS of 37 and use that one to run your game instead of Hermes's one.

5. WiiStrudle
    OP

Canada
    Yes, I found this out after digging a little more, thank you for taking the time to respond. I really do try and read first, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything...I'm not a complete noob...but every time I leave to work or am away, I miss so much in the community and its takes some time to catch up [​IMG]

Once again thank you for your time [​IMG] I'll buy this one [​IMG] isn't that a novel idea [​IMG]