Mr.O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey folks,

I just called Activision Customer support Germany about the GH3 mono issue, I was wondering whether it would be fixed for the Europe launch of the game. And yes, it is fixed, FOR THEM. They simply took the "Dolby" Sticker off the box and declare the game officially MONO. Yes, a music game! In MONO.

Spread the word! And avoid buying Activision games!

Thankyou for your attention.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Activision suck.

Say what you like about EA & THQ but I'd doubt they'd let this happen, they're not that stupid. I remember a time when Activision were a decent company and released great games now they just get worse with each year.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So Europe is getting the Fixed version?

tongue.gif

Yahoo. I'm getting GH 3 for Christmas.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

MrMojo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Europe is getting the Fixed version?

tongue.gif

Yahoo. I'm getting GH 3 for Christmas.

Please tell me you cant be this stupid...

lol wut?

I was wondering whether it would be fixed for the Europe launch of the game. And yes, it is fixed, FOR THEM.[/quote

even if it doesn't get fixed for Europe, I'll still get it since i have GH 1 and 2.

If you would read the whole post youd see it continues
"They simply took the "Dolby" Sticker off the box and declare the game officially MONO. Yes, a music game! In MONO."

now this is the "fix" he is ironicly talking about

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
holy shit what idiots who don't recall the game or update via a patch...
it's definatly sad if they don't fix this issue for the PAL version

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame that the Wii doesn't have the same patch download as Xbox Live.

"You used to be cool Activision"

Anyways, after playing GH3 ISO on PS2, I have no motivation to get the Wii version. Looks like Rock Band will be the purchase of my choice.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
damn this is really bad. I planned to buy it but have doubts now...
Maybe I give it a try if I can borrow it from somewhere...sometimes you won't even notice (or care) if its mono as long it's on all speakers.
Damn gonna have to try this before I pay for it or at least assure there is a way to return it if this sucks.

Mr.O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, I will not let them go through with this. Too bad for them I have enough time at the moment to make a big fuzz about this! Come on people, this game has the "Nintendo Seal of Quality"! So everyone go write to Nintendo and tell them whether there is a bargain offer for these seals at the moment - because GH3 does not whatsoever deserve this seal.

They better hurry up with RockBand for Wii...

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well my Dolby Pro Logic System at home proved this version to be Mono, too. (no big surprise...)
But if I set my sound system to 2xStereo at least the Mono signal is comming from all boxes in a decent way. Of course I was disappointed, but nevertheless I had to play through all songs (in easy mode - because I suck at this game) and the bug did not broke up the game for me. It is still a lot of fun!

But you are right, I am going to make a big deal of this bug, calling Activisions and Nintendo support for this game and keep complaining. You know what an enterprise cost more than a not sold game? It's a sold game causing a lot of support costs. I am going to generate just this :-p

I heard the XBox360 Version is DPLII perfectly but had no way to verify that. Can anybody confirm this?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issued yesterday:

"We are already looking into the issue, and rest assured, are working to offer a possible solution to our fans," said an Activision representative.

Mr.O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"We are already looking into the issue, and rest assured, are working to offer a possible solution to our fans," said an Activision representative."

So? Customer Support Germany tells me that their solution is to declare the game mono.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Issued yesterday:

"We are already looking into the issue, and rest assured, are working to offer a possible solution to our fans," said an Activision representative.
A recall methinks? Granted Nintendo did say they were going to offer replacements for Super Paper Mario but I haven't heard anything about that for ages. Not sure how Activision will let something like this slide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: