Homebrew Homebrew app Guide to Setting up DBI Installer over USB?

spuderump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

Just looking for a guide to set up DBI Installer over USB? The readme appears to be in Russian, so I am unsure exactly where to put the files etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

Just looking for a guide to set up DBI Installer over USB? The readme appears to be in Russian, so I am unsure exactly where to put the files etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Why DBI and not Awoo Installer + ns USB loader?

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
there is english readme
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md

I personally prefer DBI. it's vey simple and clean and it's updated frequently. it has MTP too. and can be used by accessing homebrew via album, so it can be hidden from kids.
i've tried awoo. it used to be simple and good, but sometimes it just failed during installation without any clear reason and it's never updated anymore anyway.
goldleaf also is quite picky with installation from my experience.
I never really tried tinfoil. people seem to like it since it can access shops, but I don't like being forced to installed homebrew NSP.

Last edited by arabtm,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was also using awoo a lot, but I prefer DBI now, very complete and reliable. I had too errors with awoo without reasons. Moreover, DBI let’s you deal with tickets and orphan files wich is very convenient. The only time I use Tinfoil is for checking available updates and dlc for my installed games (or install from my own stash). To my opinion, DBI is probably the most complete and reliable installer available as for now.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: arabtm

mAckAdAms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question do I need to add the secondary files for a game and the update files or will the program do that on its own? For instance, some games have two separate nsp files but is the one game. Then there is an update file. If so which one do you install first?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question do I need to add the secondary files for a game and the update files or will the program do that on its own? For instance, some games have two separate nsp files but is the one game. Then there is an update file. If so which one do you install first?
You can throw them all at the MTP installer at the same time, or one after the other, order shouldn't matter.

Reactions: r5xscn

nraudigy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DBI can remove multiple games and game saves fast. Very convenient. I haven't tried to use it to install games yet. Just know about this homebrew for a few days.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DBI can remove multiple games and game saves fast. Very convenient. I haven't tried to use it to install games yet. Just know about this homebrew for a few days.
Try it for installing, (MTP feature is awesome), and I think you will adopt it .

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
For me, tinfoil is ugly one as hell and so clumsy, but DBI is a truly *nix way masterpiece with it's clean, lightweight and very useful text GUI, just like an old Adubbz installer was long time ago, in a far galaxy.

Last edited by mathew77, , Reason: Fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1