• Views 700,874
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uh, oh. Your Newbie Sense must be tingling!

Now, reading through the Vita Hack Guide but not yet performing the CFW installation, I have learned about memory locations. I still have some questions that I would hope someone can clarify for me.

1) Where ur0 is the internal memory of the PS Vita and ux0 is the external memory card (or if no external memory card is present in the PSV-2000, the internal memory card), I came across memory location uma0. What is that?

2) Knowing that I am planning on using a 256 GB SD2Vita memory card option, what would be the best use for the three different memory locations (i.e., ur0, um0 and uma0)? In particular but not exclusively, I am thinking about after I finish with the Vita Hack Guide--how should I keep my installed apps, games and other things organised? Does the Vita do that for me or do I need to be manually mindful of that myself?

3) Now, I know the differences between Enso 3.60 and 3.65 seem minute. I did come across a Spanish webpage for the Vita Hack Guide about installing 3.65. Is there any reason why that page does not feature in the English version? It only updates to Enso 3.60.

Bonus Question 4) While I know the stock differences between the PSV-1000 and PSV-2000, does CFW function in any way different on those different models? In other words, does installing CFW create additional differences between the models?

Bonus Question 5) Would it be smart to try and play online with my main account, or should I get a dummy account to play online with? I am still undecided on that, but I would like to ask the qeustion to help me make my decision.

Last edited by tosti,

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1. Just think ur0 as the system drive, ux0 as gaming drive. uma0 as bonus drive. You mess with ur0, your vita goes crazy. You mess around in ux0, your game get strange but no big deal. And vita refuse to recognise game in uma0.
2. Same as above, ux0 are best choice for sd2vita. Put it as uma0 will not be recognise by vita.
3. Let us assume the blog owner being Spanish. For my experience, when new user try to hack vita, make it simple for them, hence guide them to 3.60

Reactions: tosti

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Uh, oh. Your Newbie Sense must be tingling!

Now, reading through the Vita Hack Guide but not yet performing the CFW installation, I have learned about memory locations. I still have some questions that I would hope someone can clarify for me.

1) Where ur0 is the internal memory of the PS Vita and ux0 is the external memory card (or if no external memory card is present in the PSV-2000, the internal memory card), I came across memory location uma0. What is that?

2) Knowing that I am planning on using a 256 GB SD2Vita memory card option, what would be the best use for the three different memory locations (i.e., ur0, um0 and uma0)? In particular but not exclusively, I am thinking about after I finish with the Vita Hack Guide--how should I keep my installed apps, games and other things organised? Does the Vita do that for me or do I need to be manually mindful of that myself?

3) Now, I know the differences between Enso 3.60 and 3.65 seem minute. I did come across a Spanish webpage for the Vita Hack Guide about installing 3.65. Is there any reason why that page does not feature in the English version? It only updates to Enso 3.60.

Bonus Question 4) While I know the stock differences between the PSV-1000 and PSV-2000, does CFW function in any way different on those different models? In other words, does installing CFW create additional differences between the models?

Bonus Question 5) Would it be smart to try and play online with my main account, or should I get a dummy account to play online with? I am still undecided on that, but I would like to ask the qeustion to help me make my decision.
1) uma0 is external storage separate from the memory card. ie. An external HDD on the PSTV, or an SD2Vita/PSVSD card on a normal Vita.

2) To use the SD2Vita as a memory card for Vita games, you most mount it as ux0, period. Games were not designed to work on other mount points, so they either don't boot at all or have various issues (being unable to save is usually one of them). You can use uma0 for things like Adrenaline (ePSP CFW) or for storing ROMs, but for Vita games you need to be mounted as ux0.

3) No idea. At this point, 3.60 and 3.65 can be considered identical in terms of compatibility and ease of use, so just pick whichever you want. I'd personally go with 3.65, just because it's "newer". If you have any weird issues for whatever reason, you can always downgrade to 3.60 if need be and use that instead but it shouldn't be required at this point.

4) None whatsoever, the consoles are functionally identical. The only real difference between the Slim and OLED is the screen, charging port, and the Slim mounts 1gb of the 2gb of free internal NAND as a memory card if none is inserted (that 2gb free of NAND is also in the OLED Vita, Sony just doesn't have it mount as a memory card for whatever reason).

5) Never use your main account to go online with a hacked console, period. While there have been 0 reported legitimate bans for using Henkaku on the Vita, it's always smart to play it safe and just use a dummy account. There's always the chance Sony can/has flagged your account and could ban it in a latter ban wave. I doubt this would happen at this point, personally, but always stay on the safe side if you don't want to lose your account and all its contents.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Just think ur0 as the system drive, ux0 as gaming drive. uma0 as bonus drive. You mess with ur0, your vita goes crazy. You mess around in ux0, your game get strange but no big deal. And vita refuse to recognise game in uma0.
2. Same as above, ux0 are best choice for sd2vita. Put it as uma0 will not be recognise by vita.
3. Let us assume the blog owner being Spanish. For my experience, when new user try to hack vita, make it simple for them, hence guide them to 3.60
1) That makes a lot of sense. Am I correct in assuming that the uma0 is a drive that does not exist under normal firmware?
2) & 3) Very clear--thanks!

1) uma0 is external storage separate from the memory card. ie. An external HDD on the PSTV, or an SD2Vita/PSVSD card on a normal Vita.

2) To use the SD2Vita as a memory card for Vita games, you most mount it as ux0, period. Games were not designed to work on other mount points, so they either don't boot at all or have various issues (being unable to save is usually one of them). You can use uma0 for things like Adrenaline (ePSP CFW) or for storing ROMs, but for Vita games you need to be mounted as ux0.

3) No idea. At this point, 3.60 and 3.65 can be considered identical in terms of compatibility and ease of use, so just pick whichever you want. I'd personally go with 3.65, just because it's "newer". If you have any weird issues for whatever reason, you can always downgrade to 3.60 if need be and use that instead but it shouldn't be required at this point.

4) None whatsoever, the consoles are functionally identical. The only real difference between the Slim and OLED is the screen, charging port, and the Slim mounts 1gb of the 2gb of free internal NAND as a memory card if none is inserted (that 2gb free of NAND is also in the OLED Vita, Sony just doesn't have it mount as a memory card for whatever reason).

5) Never use your main account to go online with a hacked console, period. While there have been 0 reported legitimate bans for using Henkaku on the Vita, it's always smart to play it safe and just use a dummy account. There's always the chance Sony can/has flagged your account and could ban it in a latter ban wave. I doubt this would happen at this point, personally, but always stay on the safe side if you don't want to lose your account and all its contents.
1) & 2) Using an SD2Vita on uma0 would then make it unable to play Vita games. In that hypothetical case, what would I then do with the SD2Vita card: store media on it or emulator stuff?

However, if I mount the SD2Vita card on ux0 to contain Vita games, can it then also still contain other things (esuch as Adrenaline for ePSP CFW)? If not, would I need to get two SD2Vita cards if I wanted to both have my CFW Vita play Vita games as well as PSP games and whatnot?

3) & 4) Very clear--thanks!

5) To be honest, I doubt I'll play online games with my Vita--I prefer single-player games. You recommend against using my main PSN account on the CFW Vita. Just to be clear: does that danger of a ban only apply for playing online matches, or for any online activity (seeing Friends List, sending some messages over PSN, the occassional trophy synchronisation, et cetera)?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1) That makes a lot of sense. Am I correct in assuming that the uma0 is a drive that does not exist under normal firmware?
2) & 3) Very clear--thanks!

1) & 2) Using an SD2Vita on uma0 would then make it unable to play Vita games. In that hypothetical case, what would I then do with the SD2Vita card: store media on it or emulator stuff?

However, if I mount the SD2Vita card on ux0 to contain Vita games, can it then also still contain other things (esuch as Adrenaline for ePSP CFW)? If not, would I need to get two SD2Vita cards if I wanted to both have my CFW Vita play Vita games as well as PSP games and whatnot?

3) & 4) Very clear--thanks!

5) To be honest, I doubt I'll play online games with my Vita--I prefer single-player games. You recommend against using my main PSN account on the CFW Vita. Just to be clear: does that danger of a ban only apply for playing online matches, or for any online activity (seeing Friends List, sending some messages over PSN, the occassional trophy synchronisation, et cetera)?
1) You could store media and ROMs for emulators when it's mounted as uma0, and Adrenaline can be configured to use uma0 as it's own "memory card" but that's about the extent as to what you can really do with uma0.

With the SD2Vita mounted as ux0, you can use it for everything on the Vita, that includes Adrenaline, homebrew/emulators, media, etc etc. Uma0 is simply an extra mount point, usually so you can still access your original Vita memory card contents if need be.

To be frank, you would simply never use an SD2Vita as anything other than ux0, it's intended to act as the memory card, not as an additional storage device.

5) Nobody knows. As I said, nobody using Henkaku has ever been banned, so no one knows if syncing trophies or just going to the store or friends list of anything like that could get you banned while running Henkaku. In general, you shouldn't ever sync trophies for games you don't own, not play them online.

It's simply best to keep a separate account on the off chance Sony gets some kind of revenge boner and goes after Vita CFW users.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be frank, you would simply never use an SD2Vita as anything other than ux0, it's intended to act as the memory card, not as an additional storage device.
[...]
It's simply best to keep a separate account on the off chance Sony gets some kind of revenge boner and goes after Vita CFW users.
Thanks, that's very clear.

Now, I am looking to buy an SD2Vita. On Ebay I found a seller from the US. I figured: good because I hear most knock-off and counterfeit stuff comes from China. Upon checking with the US seller, they mention their supplier is from China. Just now I found another seller in my home country (the Netherlands) but no idea if they sell Chinese stuff or not.

Do the Chinese sellers sell counterfeit stuff, or are SD2Vita adapters from China usually knock-offs?
Does anyone know how to find a reputable SD2Vita seller and how much that would approximately set me back?

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Most sd2vita maker are from china or make in china then import over. That's why all of them are kinda low quality, but also cheap. Everyone is using them, so you can just buy 1-5 adapter ver5/6 from some shop with good reputation, since those adapter get break easily anyway. Dont trust the high price stuff, they are the same thing

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Now, I am looking to buy an SD2Vita. On Ebay I found a seller from the US. I figured: good because I hear most knock-off and counterfeit stuff comes from China. Upon checking with the US seller, they mention their supplier is from China. Just now I found another seller in my home country (the Netherlands) but no idea if they sell Chinese stuff or not.

Do the Chinese sellers sell counterfeit stuff, or are SD2Vita adapters from China usually knock-offs?
Does anyone know how to find a reputable SD2Vita seller and how much that would approximately set me back?
There's not really such a thing as a "knock-off" SD2Vita, since there's no official manufacturer. Pretty much every single SD2Vita you'll find from any reseller will have been made in China, they're all going to basically be identical.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The SD2Vita design is open source, meaning anyone can just take it and make their own. They're also pretty cheap to buy (most are around $5 to $3 from what it seems) so you're not taking much of a loss if you do get a bad one (it might mess up your Vita though, I wouldn't know). You can try looking around for places people bought theirs from, just search/ask around. I didn't buy one myself, I bought a different device that fits my Vita more, so I don't know much about what the SD2Vita market is like. :P

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This evening I started the process of getting CFW on the Vita 1004 (4 GB memory card). My progress so far:

- At the start, the Vita had its factory settings and that included OFW 3.65, so I am going for Enso 3.65.
- In Settings I disabled auto-downloads for updates
- I logged into my PSN account while booting up Content Manager, installed OcmaDriver winusb on my laptop, and since the Vita kept asking me to update, I set my connectivity to the Blocking Updates settings.
- With the memory card showed 0 kB of space, I luckily had the idea to format the memory card--fixed that.
- After all that, I finally used finalhe to copy h-encore to the Vita--it is now a bubble on the start screen.
- In the h-encore bootstrap menu I installed Henkaku and downloaded VitaShell, then I Enabled Unsafe Homebrew in the Henkaku settings (so finished this page of the guide).

Now, since I want to go to Enso 3.65, I thought about skipping the Downgrading to 3.60 page. But am I correct in thinking that's not true? On that page I would use VitaShell and an FTP app to transfer files to the Vita. One is the 3.60 firmware (which I do not need) and the other is modoru (which I guess I do need).

Do I follow the entirty of Section I and II (so including transfer of the PSP2updat.pup file), or do I skip certain steps? Or in another way: In Section IV I get the option to Downgrade to 3.65. Should I still follow all of the steps on the Downgrading to 3.60 page?

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far, I think I have gone through the process of installing Enso 3.65. Right now I am bumping into a problem with installing Adrenaline.

Following the guide I went along with Sections !, II and III. In Section IV I get stuck at step 2, downloading PSP 6.61 firmware in Adrenaline.
- I received the error where the download fails. However, I did not find the ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/flash0 folder to delete.
- The error persisted, so I manually downloaded the EBOOT.PBP, put it into the ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW folder, and renamed it 661.PBP.

Launching Adrenaline now does not give me the option to press (Cross) to start installation. Instead I get error code C1-2738-0. Does anyone know what mistake I made? Is it bad that I put EBOOT.PBP on the Vita and renamed it when it was on the Vita (instead of first naming it 661.PBP and then copying to Vita)?

Last edited by tosti,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So far, I think I have gone through the process of installing Enso 3.65. Right now I am bumping into a problem with installing Adrenaline.

Following the guide I went along with Sections !, II and III. In Section IV I get stuck at step 2, downloading PSP 6.61 firmware in Adrenaline.
- I received the error where the download fails. However, I did not find the ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/flash0 folder to delete.
- The error persisted, so I manually downloaded the EBOOT.PBP, put it into the ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW folder, and renamed it 661.PBP.

Launching Adrenaline now does not give me the option to press (Cross) to start installation. Instead I get error code C1-2738-0. Does anyone know what mistake I made? Is it bad that I put EBOOT.PBP on the Vita and renamed it when it was on the Vita (instead of first naming it 661.PBP and then copying to Vita)?
It's not bad, doing that is actually how you would manually install Adrenaline, you're just missing a couple steps.

Is there a folder in pspemucfw called "sce_module"? And if so, is there a skprx file in it (I forget the name of it exactly, something like "Adrenaline kernel" or along those lines)?

If so, then simply open your tai config, and add this line under *KERNEL:
"ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/nameofsprxthatIforget"

If there's not a folder like that, open the Adrenaline.vpk you downloaded on your PC as an archive (both Winrar and 7zip can open it just fine). In it, extract the entire sce_module folder to your desktop and transfer that over to the PSPEMUCFW folder on your Vita, and add the line as noted above.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not bad, doing that is actually how you would manually install Adrenaline, you're just missing a couple steps.

Is there a folder in pspemucfw called "sce_module"? And if so, is there a skprx file in it (I forget the name of it exactly, something like "Adrenaline kernel" or along those lines)?

If so, then simply open your tai config, and add this line under *KERNEL:
"ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/nameofsprxthatIforget"

If there's not a folder like that, open the Adrenaline.vpk you downloaded on your PC as an archive (both Winrar and 7zip can open it just fine). In it, extract the entire sce_module folder to your desktop and transfer that over to the PSPEMUCFW folder on your Vita, and add the line as noted above.
Ugh, I am an idiot.

I had done the above steps. However, by copying the Eboot (31,000 kb) over before renaming it as 661, I probably overwrote the Eboot (1 kb) that was in the sce_module folder already... I saw it when I unarchived the package like you told me to. So I extracted the Eboot (1 kb), put it in its designated folder, and now I can install.

Last edited by tosti,

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While my own PS Vita is on Enso 3.65, I am playing around with someone else's Vita. They wanted me to install Enso 3.60 and set some things up. I followed the Vita Hack Guide (the OFW 3.73 route).

During installation and doing the Henkaku browser exploit, I encountered an error: C2-12828-1. Something was not working properly with the browser. The exploit did seem to finish but the molecularShell bubble did not show up. I deleted cookies and search history, and tried the exploit again. It said the exploit had already finished. So I once again deleted browser history and cookies, and held the R-button to fix it.

Now I encounter the same C2-12828-1 error again when using the Vita Homebrew Browser app. Whether I try to get an emulator like RetroArch or a utility like Account Switcher, I encouner the error.

Does anyone know what I can do? Online I read that I could try to format the memory card, but since my friend's Vita is an OLED model, isn't everything stored on the memory card?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question: I have now installed Enso 3.60 using my own PSN account. Is there a way to delete all of my info from the Vita and leave PSN ID blank when I give the Vita back?

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good Morning,
i have a 3.73 with first model of Vita, i would like to play a psvita Japanese game with English patch, and maybe 1 or 2 psp games, i never touched my Vita since i play always with original games and i go to the store, play with Vita online, trophies and stuff like that,

my question is: is possible to switch to this firmware to my original one when i want? so i can play that game and when i want i use my Vita in original mode?

ps: and another important thing: can i use my only 16gb memory card that i use for normal original Vita mode? without format anything i mean.

Last edited by Beastly-Zero,

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During installation and doing the Henkaku browser exploit, I encountered an error: C2-12828-1.
That error? Try what you see and make sure that you know what you're doing. OLED Vita store all user data on the memory card, so formatting would remove games, saves, etc. The error seems to have many different causes, each one relating to a general corruption error. For me, when I did the exploit on I set henkaku.xyz/go to my homepage, which seemed to fix any errors I got.

is possible to switch to this firmware to my original one when i want? so i can play that game and when i want i use my Vita in original mode?
Most modifications can be undone, although things like Enso will barely mess with your experience to the point where you'd want to uninstall it. These will all go over the original Vita firmware, so unless you start installing tons of plugins, it's not going to mess with the original firmware to the point where you need to remove anything.
You can use your current memory card too.

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That error? Try what you see and make sure that you know what you're doing. OLED Vita store all user data on the memory card, so formatting would remove games, saves, etc. The error seems to have many different causes, each one relating to a general corruption error. For me, when I did the exploit on I set henkaku.xyz/go to my homepage, which seemed to fix any errors I got.
The exploit worked in the end but now the error shows up browsing the Vita Homebrew Browser. I wonder if changing the browser homepage would fix that as well. I will let you know how it pans out.

Maybe that is a difference between Enso 3.60 (on my friend's Vita where I encounter the error) and Enso 3.65 (which I installed for myself without a hitch).

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No matter what I do, whenever I download somethiing from the Vita Homebrew Browser, I keep seeing

'An error has occurred in the following application.
(C2-12828-1)
Saved core file succeeded.
Ux0:data/psp2core-0123456789-0x00012340f1-eboot.bin.psp2dmp'

Any ideas? I already formatted the memory card and re-installed everything.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No matter what I do, whenever I download somethiing from the Vita Homebrew Browser, I keep seeing

'An error has occurred in the following application.
(C2-12828-1)
Saved core file succeeded.
Ux0:data/psp2core-0123456789-0x00012340f1-eboot.bin.psp2dmp'

Any ideas? I already formatted the memory card and re-installed everything.
The old Vita Homebrew Browser has not working for very long time, you should go download vpk from https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/. Install ITLS-Enso and you can use Vita internet browser to download file directly.

Last edited by ZeroSene,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1