[GUIDE] The Ultimate Noob PS Vita/PSTV Hacking Guide (Check here first!)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Voxel, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Toriko

Toriko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Italy
    Hi guys. I own a PSVita (firmware 3.36). I'd like to know if there is a way to have Henkaku and still activate the console and download things from the PS store.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    At the moment, no. Activating was broken by Sony when Enso released, so there's currently no way to activate a console not the latest firmware.

3. Toriko

Toriko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Italy
    And If I want to download things through the PS Store? It can be done?

4. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Unfortunately no, Sony blocked users from downloading PS Store content as well.

5. Toriko

Toriko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Italy
    I heard of PSN Spoofing. Isn't It possible anymore?

6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Nope. As mentioned, Sony broke it when they broke activation.

7. Toriko

Toriko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Italy
    Having a deactivated console will give me problems with Henkaku?

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Not anymore, no. Henkaku itself doesn't require any activation, neither do Vita Backups.

The main thing activation was used for was Adrenaline, the ePSP CFW, but TheFlow has updated it since that it doesn't require activation any longer.

9. Toriko

Toriko Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2017
    Italy
    Thanks guys!

10. Funkentanz

Funkentanz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
  11. mario5555

mario5555 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2012
    United States
    Have a PSTV w/mail hack on it, 3.36 or something to that effect. I have a bunch of Vita/PSP games on the store to add to the system.

I asked a few months ago when Enso came out but didn't have time to update. In the intervening time I read (and as I see posted above) that activating games & accessing the store via spoof all of this is broken now.

I was meaning to update all of this time, just didn't have time to spend on it, until recently and now (as I mentioned) I read everything (store, etc) can't be accessed, so should I even bother anymore?

---------------

1 ) Is there even a reason to update it at this point with Enso?

2 ) So what are my options?

PSTV 1 - I have a US region w/mailhack that has a large portion of my games on it that cannot go online. 64GB card which is maybe a little less than half full (yeah tell me about it :wtf:)

PSTV 2 - This is my JPN region PSTV, to play new releases that require newer firmware and all of my JPN PSP/Vita games. Current updated firmware on it, not hacked.

3 ) I was thinking of just buying a 3rd PSTV w/16GB card to get the newer games I've bought since then (which will be US Region) since Henkaku Enso isn't an option anymore.

4 ) Am I missing something?

Edit 1: Forgot to mention, I don't care about backup loading (PS1/Vita) the only reason I did the mailhack was to get access to the whitelist so I can play ALL of my games, even the ones Sony decided I shoudn't be able to play. Just wanted to mention that, in case someone wondered or wanted to convince me to update.

I would appreciate some pointers and opinions to let me know what my options are at this point. Thanks.

Last edited by mario5555, Oct 1, 2017
  12. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    1) Assuming you mean updating to 3.60, sure. Lots of native Vita homebrew, official Vita backups are playable, Adrenaline has PS1 support, there's the sd2vita adapter that lets you use a standard MSD card in the gameslot as a memory card, you can use cheat plugins, OC plugins to give some games a small bump in framerate etc etc. Activation is no longer necessary for anything, but there's always a possibility we'll regain spoofing and PSN access in the future.

2) Backup the official games on the US PSTV with QCMA, then use the Henkaku update server to update to 3.60 and install Henkaku+Enso. That's pretty much it. You'll still have all your games, but it's good to have a backup of them anyways just in case.

Voxel likes this.
  13. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Will the same backups work on the current Henkaku+Enso now that there is Nonpdrm?

14. mario5555

mario5555 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2012
    United States
    Thanks Tom, appreciate the feedback.

15. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Why cant i downgrade firmware to 3.60?

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Because the level of exploitation a downgrade would require would be enough to simply hack newer firmwares, for one.

Also because downgrading a Vita would likely require syscon access, something we don't have yet on 3.60 (to my knowledge, anyways) let alone higher firmwares.

RY0M43CH1Z3N and Metoroid0 like this.
  17. dizz00

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    I saw some game that have edited to run on native or higher resolution. Are there some guide to do this myself? Is the hex for resolution same for every game or do i need to find it myself? Can all game run at higher resolution?

18. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    I don't believe there's a full guide, but you can read up on what Kabuto_Kun has done (which others have followed for Vita games) to modify the resolution here: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...matic_psp_game_fixes_force_unleashed/dispktg/

You'll likely need to find the info yourself, and I can't say about it working for every game (since no one has really tested it for a whole lot of games in the first place :P) but it's worth a shot.

19. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Update for that. I got my pstv and try to have the same livearea on the vita and pstv but it doesnt work. Its a shame because I have like 300 games and when I switch console, I need to do all the folders and reboot again to have all the games.
    Is there a solution for that ? I use an SD2vita

Last edited by Cortexfou, Oct 7, 2017
  20. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    I'm in need of help. I used MLTHaKu! to hack a phat vita and sd2vita. It was working fine for weeks, but the one time I brought it out of sleep mode, and it said that the file was corrupt whenever I tried to open a game. So I restarted the system and now whenever it boots, it says I need to update the system software or format the memory card. I've restarted the system, pulled out the sd2vita card and put it back in, tried a different sd2vita using the same micro SD, reset the database... all to no avail. What should I do? I feel like it can't be working one minute and permanently broken the next.