[Guide]How to update emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by TLOZmaster, Jan 7, 2016.

1. TLOZmaster
    OP

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    Alright, I know this is a simple tutorial, and that a simple google search can probably find it, but there isn't a thread afaik that has how to update emunand on gbatemp, as I spent a while on trying to find out how to do it. First of all, if this doesn't work for you/bricks your 3DS (It shouldn't, but if it does) it isn't my fault. You know the risks. Now with the painfully simple tutorial. On N3DS, I don't believe it is possible to update past 9.5, but I am not entirely sure. On O3DS, it is up to 10.3 as of January seventh. Make sure your NANDS are unlinked, as you might update Sysnand too (Not confirmed by me, I don't know if this is true or not. I would just in case.) There are guides on how to do this.

For New3DS, look here.
    1. Enter Emunand. This differs from cfw to cfw, but there are guides for this.
    2. Go to system settings, and click on other settings. On tab four, there will be an option to system update. Click that, and then it will update, and you will be set :)

I may update the guide as time goes on, such as to update to 9.5 with sysupdater on N3DS.

Last edited by TLOZmaster, Jan 12, 2016
  2. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    how to update to 9.5 on new3ds?

3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You can't update past 9.5 on n3ds and you would need to use sysupdater for that. I think most people would rather want a tutorial on that than on simply updating via system settings on o3ds.

4. porked

porked Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    @wurstpistole after following your guide, thanks for that btw, how would i go about updating emuNand to 9.5 on the n3dsxl since it coldboots into rxmode?

5. chizco06

chizco06 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    You can use this guide for updating N3DS emuNand it worked for me :)

6. porked

porked Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    it updates to 10.3 right now yeah? last time i did it it wouldn't boot rxtools, just a black screen.

7. chizco06

chizco06 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    porked likes this.
  8. porked

porked Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Hell yeah, thanks a bunch, I am clearly not good at searching.

chizco06 likes this.
  9. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    I don't know if you need to unlink your NANDs. I updated my emuNAND and not my sysNAND doing the same thing.

10. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, no need to unlink nands for this. Just make 3 fake internet connections in sysnand before going into emunand.

11. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    I didn't even need to do that! I just clicked system update and it updated my emu to 10.3!

12. porked

porked Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    with an o3ds it'll work with an n3ds it won't

13. Des_Kaje

Des_Kaje Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    Netherlands
    Holland
    Hi guys, quick question. Not sure if it's been covered elsewhere, if so please remove my post. I'd like to update my emunand, since I haven't done so in about 6 months or so. My current emunand is 9.9.0 (0-22E), but I would like to update it to the highest one possible (11.0.0-33, if I'm not mistaken...). Can someone tell me if I can just follow the method described above, as in: going to settings in emunand and simply update system software? I haven't been following the hacking community for a while, so I'm unsure whether I should/have to use a different method now. Help would be appreciated, thanks!

14. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Update your CFW (switch to Luma if you haven't) and then just update from System Settings, done.

15. KC231070

KC231070 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi Guys, I have a question. I hope it's not covered elsewhere. I would like to install a new emunand (never done that earlier)on my O3ds, however, I guess that it will update Emunand to the latest available version (11.0.0) instead of the max (gateway) tested firmwareversion 10.7? Is this an issue/is there a way to prevent update past 10.7? Help would be much appreciated, thank you!!

16. TLOZmaster
    OP

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    You can use Sysupdater to update to a specific firmware, like 10.7. I don't really see why you would still use gateway with emunand, or emunand at all tbh. With ArmLoader9hax, it is 100% boot rate and boots in ~6 seconds. It's a lot quicker and better in general, but that's up to you.

17. KC231070

KC231070 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    Netherlands
    Wow, that sounds good? But isn't Amloader9hax more complicated for Noobs, ehh... like me? Is there a good entry point to start learning about that, like a "Armloaders9hax for dummies?" :-)