Hacking [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need)

megavoxpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
megavoxpt said:
I´ve read a lot of different threads but still dont have the answer for my doubt.
My wii is a 3.3E virgin. Which tutorial do i use offline because i dont have a net connection right now.?

thanxs
i know youve seen my guide, and your still looking further?

Put the necessary files on sd card and wii just freezes. tried 2 different sd cards already both 2 gb. I read somewhere that 3.3 is very picky on sd cards. So if i cant get the wii to read the cards, i'm done... just thought i had to do something before

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megavoxpt said:
xzxero said:
megavoxpt said:
I´ve read a lot of different threads but still dont have the answer for my doubt.
My wii is a 3.3E virgin. Which tutorial do i use offline because i dont have a net connection right now.?

thanxs
i know youve seen my guide, and your still looking further?

Put the necessary files on sd card and wii just freezes. tried 2 different sd cards already both 2 gb. I read somewhere that 3.3 is very picky on sd cards. So if i cant get the wii to read the cards, i'm done... just thought i had to do something before
Hrm. I don't have an offline method in my guide.. you might want to have a look, and ask your questions about offline installation in xzxero's guide.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem. I followed the guide step-by-step and it worked fine until I had to patch my IOS. Mirroring what is done in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc exactly, it went smoothly until the 2nd step had finished (Install IOS into slot 36). After I restarted HBC after the 2nd step, the HBC channel was now upside down (the controls were the same, it was all visual).

I finished the 3rd step anyway and then install Preloader (thank god!). When Preloader booted up, I realized that my system menu had bricked (if I go to it, it'll state that it's bricked). If I try to boot up HBC through Preloader, it'll say that there's an error with booting up, asking me whether or not I actually have it installed.

(I managed to restore my Wii using the boot.dol for BootMii to launch the HBC somehow and then use BootMii to restore my NAND)

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? I've tried it twice and gotten the same results both times. I'm using a PAL (Sweden) Wii with system menu 3.4E.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAII said:
I have a problem. I followed the guide step-by-step and it worked fine until I had to patch my IOS. Mirroring what is done in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc exactly, it went smoothly until the 2nd step had finished (Install IOS into slot 36). After I restarted HBC after the 2nd step, the HBC channel was now upside down (the controls were the same, it was all visual).

I finished the 3rd step anyway and then install Preloader (thank god!). When Preloader booted up, I realized that my system menu had bricked (if I go to it, it'll state that it's bricked). If I try to boot up HBC through Preloader, it'll say that there's an error with booting up, asking me whether or not I actually have it installed.

(I managed to restore my Wii using the boot.dol for BootMii to launch the HBC somehow and then use BootMii to restore my NAND)

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? I've tried it twice and gotten the same results both times. I'm using a PAL (Sweden) Wii with system menu 3.4E.
I've heard of something with the upside down HBC thing.. but haven't really looked much into it as of late. When you install PreLoader, make sure it's set to use IOS60 for the SM (If you're on 4.1). If it already is, try switching it to 249 and then switching it back. See what happens.. I'll try to find out about the HBC upside down thing and what the fix is for that.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
FAII said:

I've heard of something with the upside down HBC thing.. but haven't really looked much into it as of late. When you install PreLoader, make sure it's set to use IOS60 for the SM (If you're on 4.1). If it already is, try switching it to 249 and then switching it back. See what happens.. I'll try to find out about the HBC upside down thing and what the fix is for that.
the fx is to reinstall IOS 61 via dop-ios without the sig hash check

bobo66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Deviyl: Did some more reading, went back to the beginning and got it done.

Not sure if I wholly understand it all, but the wii isn't bricked and it runs burned games, so the kids are happy and I'm happy.

Thanks for your help.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobo66 said:
Not sure if I wholly understand it all, but the wii isn't bricked and it runs burned games, so the kids are happy and I'm happy.
That sounds like it working perfectly. =P Glad you got it working.

popius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here.
sorry
But I just got a wii and it is a LU71** NTSC.
I know it says this works on ANY Wii, but it only states up to LU64. Just want to confirm, am I ok with a LU71?

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
popius said:
Noob here.
sorry
I know it says this works on ANY Wii, but it only states up to LU64. Just want to confirm, am I ok with a LU71?

Thanks
I think you misread something

It says it DOES work on LU64+

popius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I wasn't sure if + stands for the numbers after the LU64 (ie. LU64abcd) or if it means higher than 64, (ie. 65, 71, etc)

tj_cool said:
popius said:
Noob here.
sorry

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
popius said:
tj_cool said:
popius said:
Noob here.
sorry

Thanks

Yea, I wasn't sure if + stands for the numbers after the LU64 (ie. LU64abcd) or if it means higher than 64, (ie. 65, 71, etc)
Higher than 64 (so 65, ....)

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
the fx is to reinstall IOS 61 via dop-ios without the sig hash check
QUOTE(Deviyl @ Oct 5 2009, 08:22 PM) I've heard of something with the upside down HBC thing.. but haven't really looked much into it as of late. When you install PreLoader, make sure it's set to use IOS60 for the SM (If you're on 4.1). If it already is, try switching it to 249 and then switching it back. See what happens.. I'll try to find out about the HBC upside down thing and what the fix is for that.
I have no idea what "IOS60 for the SM" and "IOS 61 via dop-ios" means. I'm new to all of this and just followed the guide step-by-step. I'd be very grateful if you guys could explains to me in a step-by-step way how to do this.

Is it possible to upgrade to 4.1 manually without going through Nintendo's servers because that'll obviously upgrade me to 4.2? I'm using 3.4E (it's what was in the box when I bought it a week ago).

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFTER INSTALLING CIOSCORP3.4 FIX HOMEBREW

Here is your Fix:

You Need Wad Manager and IOS36-64-v1042.wad and CIOS36.wad (Search Google)

1. Run Wad Manager and install IOS36-64-v1042.wad (Please do NOT Un-install, just install this and it will over write the current one).

2. Exit Wad Manager by pressing the HOME buttom on the WiiMote.

3. Run the Hackmii installer. (Install Hackmii (BootMii) to Boot2 if possible, HBC and (DVDX IF NEEDED).
4. Uninstall Homebrew.

5. Reinstall homebrew
6. Homebrew should now be fixed.
7. Run Wad Manager again.

8. Install CIOS36.wad (This is the original Cios that came with CIOSCORP (same in all versions).

9. Exit Wad Manager after it has installed.

DONE!!

PRELOADER 0.29 CAN’T BOOT TO HOMEBREW

Download HAXX to JODI.wad Thanks GoTo Giantpune
Install HAXX to JODI.wad via Wad Manager

or

place .dol on SD Root and run from preloader

Done!!

Thanks to all on their superb work on the hacks....I take no credit for these solutions....Maybe it could be included in the Guide saves everyone answering the same questions and....us noobies searching round for simple but fantastic information (more time to hack more of the wii
biggrin.gif
)

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Here is your Fix:

1. Run Wad Manager and install IOS36-64-v1042.wad (Please do NOT Un-install, just install this and it will over write the current one).

3. Run the Hackmii installer. (Install Hackmii (BootMii) to Boot2 if possible, HBC and (DVDX IF NEEDED).
4. Uninstall Homebrew.

5. Reinstall homebrew

8. Install CIOS36.wad (This is the original Cios that came with CIOSCORP (same in all versions).

DONE!!

or

Done!!

Thanks to all on their superb work on the hacks....I take no credit for these solutions....Maybe it could be included in the Guide saves everyone answering the same questions and....us noobies searching round for simple but fantastic information (more time to hack more of the wii
biggrin.gif
)

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WTF...

WHY YOU KEEP DELETING MY POST!!

NO INFRINGMENT!!! FIND LINK GIVEN IN http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182751

Here is your Fix:

4. Uninstall Homebrew.

5. Reinstall homebrew

DONE!!

or

Done!!

biggrin.gif
)

wootran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello the guide was very easy to understand.
I am running a 3.4U version model LU38 it is virgin barely touched lol..... but
i was able to get HBC up. i made a nand incase (thank god will explain why in a sec).
I was following through and did the TBR to update the ISO36 however after doing the 36 > 15 or the 15 > 36 patch wasnt completely sure which one.
The HBC went upside down as some1 might have problems with i thought it was just a momentary thing so i installed the preloader.
After doing so on the preloader screen i tried to go to the system menu or wii menu however. It said that the files were coruppted i had no idea what to do. I dont know if that is bricking but even after resetting, pulling the pull couple time it wouldnt start.
The only thing i was able to do was by loading the boot.elf i was able to load up HBC and bootmii > restore nand.
Then it was fine but i tried the procedure twice with the same results.
Should i update the firmware? Or is there a fix for this problem?

I am farely new on how to do this but atleast i can follow directions.
Thanks beforehand

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xandyx said:
WTF...

WHY YOU KEEP DELETING MY POST!!

NO INFRINGMENT!!! FIND LINK GIVEN IN http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182751

Here is your Fix:

4. Uninstall Homebrew.

5. Reinstall homebrew

DONE!!

or

Done!!

biggrin.gif
)
your telling people to google for IOS's?
thats pretty dangerous as your not sure if its even really an IOS file.

xandyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HBC only turns upside down once CIOSCorp is installed!!!

People are asking for a fix!!!

Deviyl ???? I never said you told any one to install CIOSCorp!!

I tell people to google it cos you dont allow the link....Google it!Yahoo It.....Whatever It!

Nobody knows if any of the IOS ar real until they install them!!

Stick you community up your arse you misrable Shi*s!!

I put info to try and help someone as this info helped me whats with the high almighy!!!

wootran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm no? i never even got to CIOs installer for it to go upside down as i said after doing the TBR process to update my ISO it went upside down after this it seemed apparent already that my wii bricked luckily i was able to put in preloader so that saved my arse......but after doing the process step by step twice.... and being bricked twice and having to Nand restore twice i just stopped......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1