Hacking [Guide] Everything under the Sky3DS

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Save data management, they both do the same thing but there's two different homebrew so it's just their shortened form.

I tried to backup games/saves with the diskwriter program and then restoring them to another card. Worked like a charm. Ill test out it still have the issue with this sdcard.

Could it be the system sdcard that have the problem?

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant hex edit a sky3ds save file. You will get a corrupted save. (The only way to change its header is using a save data tool in homebrew)
I thought hex editing the header to be the same would work, guess not lol :P
What homebrew save data tool would I use for this?

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets just hope its a onetime thing =)

My sd-card it al good. Its a Sandisk 64GB SDXC Ultra. I tested it before i wrote games it all works up fine.

Thanks for your fast reply!
it's possible that it may have been the game that crashed not the hardware... I have experienced 2 crashes from retail carts like mgs and pokemon.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
it's possible that it may have been the game that crashed not the hardware... I have experienced 2 crashes from retail carts like mgs and pokemon.

Hard to say atm, ill play the 2 games i play when this happen during weekend. So far so good.

But the games loads faster with this other card and the first card is SanDisk ultra class 10 and other is samsung class 6. So this leads me to think its the card that fubar..

Nachox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm kinda noob with this, I got my sky3ds cartridge and I followed this guide to copy some games on it. When I turn on the 3ds I can see the game on the screen, if I press the blue button the games cycle normally but when I try to run a game I got the message "The game card was removed". This happens with every game I tried, I tried with 3 different sd cards class 10 (sandisk 64gb ultra, sony 32 gb and sandisk 32gb). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.... any help?

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone. I'm kinda noob with this, I got my sky3ds cartridge and I followed this guide to copy some games on it. When I turn on the 3ds I can see the game on the screen, if I press the blue button the games cycle normally but when I try to run a game I got the message "The game card was removed". This happens with every game I tried, I tried with 3 different sd cards class 10 (sandisk 64gb ultra, sony 32 gb and sandisk 32gb). I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.... any help?

Sunds really strange...Are you using upto date diskwriter/templatefile?

Are the game you are using for your region of 3ds? Try some other game?

Nachox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sunds really strange...Are you using upto date diskwriter/templatefile?

Are the game you are using for your region of 3ds? Try some other game?

Yes, I'm using the latest template and discwriter. I tried with some usa .3ds roms (majoras mask, A link between worlds, ocarina of time and new super mario 2)

Poshkapish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I'm new here and my head is spinning from trying to find answers for a few of my questions through searching the forums -- but I have had a lot of fun seeing the possibilities. I took a look at this: https://sky3dslatestupdates.wordpress.com/category/sky3ds-vs-other-flashcards/ . I don't really understand the information on the table regarding physical cartridges.

Since most sky3ds tutorials/things I've read have focused on roms, I have a few questions regarding physical cartridges. My goal is to play a Japanese region physical cartridge of Monster Hunter X I am buying in a few days on a US 3DS (version 10.2). After looking at alternative methods to play games region free (Cubic Ninja, etc) on my firmware version (10.2) I thought Sky3ds seemed the easiest to tinker with and offered a lot of other benefits since I obviously can't use Gateway. I know that recently it was discovered how to get ninjhax to work on my version of the 3ds XL (Source: https://sky3dslatestupdates.wordpre...5-access-to-eshop-and-gba-emulator-on-3d10-2/) for RegionFive. So here are my questions:

1) Once I get Ninjhax and regionFIVE from using sky3ds, I can just use regionFIVE to play my physical copy of Monster Hunter X, right? Or do I have to have sky3ds in my 3ds game slot to use regionFIVE (and thus, can ONLY use regionFIVE with roms on the sky3ds)? While I am not against using a rom for the game, I highly doubt it wouldn't have Nintendo's AP on it when it is released in the coming week...

2) Since I am getting a Japanese New 3DS in the future, would I be able to transfer my save from the Japanese game (played on my US 3DS using regionFIVE) to the Japanese New 3DS? I want to be able to play online and get DLC without needing a lower firmware version 3ds to get private headers and/or create futz around with accessing the Japanese eshop for DLC.

I know there are tons of solutions to my problem, but finding the ones that work on 10.2 for my situation are a bit overwhelming for me as a newbie to this scene. I also sense a strong bias toward selling the sky3ds on the websites I linked above so I don't know if it's what I need. If there's a better alternative than Sky3ds for me please let me know (or if this just isn't going to work so I can save the money I'd spend on this for something that will work). Seems ridiculous to spend a fortune on a physical copy of Cubic Ninja just to be able to play a legally owned physical cartridge on my 3ds. I really hope Nintendo looks into making their next consoles region free.

Thanks in advance!

s-a-m

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm looking for a reliable and trustworthy sky3ds seller. I'm in there UK and would like a UK seller but am willing to shop from further afield if you can recommend a trusted seller you have purchased from.

I've been on the sky3ds official site and bought a sky3ds from an official seller who was meant to be based in the US. Turns out the seller is in Hong Kong and they sent me a faulty product. I've been jumping through hoops trying to get a replacement sent out, but I just get more suggestions of things I have already tried to remedy the problem instead of an offer to exchange the faulty cart.

There are a couple of official UK sellers but they look like they are based in China and I haven't found any favourable reviews. Recommendations from this community would be appreciated.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm looking for a reliable and trustworthy sky3ds seller. I'm in there UK and would like a UK seller but am willing to shop from further afield if you can recommend a trusted seller you have purchased from.

I've been on the sky3ds official site and bought a sky3ds from an official seller who was meant to be based in the US. Turns out the seller is in Hong Kong and they sent me a faulty product. I've been jumping through hoops trying to get a replacement sent out, but I just get more suggestions of things I have already tried to remedy the problem instead of an offer to exchange the faulty cart.

There are a couple of official UK sellers but they look like they are based in China and I haven't found any favourable reviews. Recommendations from this community would be appreciated.

The only seller i know for certain ships from within EU is: http://www.shop01media.com/

They are based out of Poland. They dont have the best prices but ships fast and have good service.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No idea about that but it works fine for me, must be your SD card

After i changed the SD card and been testing since yesterday the issue is gone. You were right. Ill send in the other card for exchange on Monday.

Reactions: Misledz

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone. I'm new here and my head is spinning from trying to find answers for a few of my questions through searching the forums -- but I have had a lot of fun seeing the possibilities. I took a look at this: https://sky3dslatestupdates.wordpress.com/category/sky3ds-vs-other-flashcards/ . I don't really understand the information on the table regarding physical cartridges.

Since most sky3ds tutorials/things I've read have focused on roms, I have a few questions regarding physical cartridges. My goal is to play a Japanese region physical cartridge of Monster Hunter X I am buying in a few days on a US 3DS (version 10.2). After looking at alternative methods to play games region free (Cubic Ninja, etc) on my firmware version (10.2) I thought Sky3ds seemed the easiest to tinker with and offered a lot of other benefits since I obviously can't use Gateway. I know that recently it was discovered how to get ninjhax to work on my version of the 3ds XL (Source: https://sky3dslatestupdates.wordpre...5-access-to-eshop-and-gba-emulator-on-3d10-2/) for RegionFive. So here are my questions:

1) Once I get Ninjhax and regionFIVE from using sky3ds, I can just use regionFIVE to play my physical copy of Monster Hunter X, right? Or do I have to have sky3ds in my 3ds game slot to use regionFIVE (and thus, can ONLY use regionFIVE with roms on the sky3ds)? While I am not against using a rom for the game, I highly doubt it wouldn't have Nintendo's AP on it when it is released in the coming week...

2) Since I am getting a Japanese New 3DS in the future, would I be able to transfer my save from the Japanese game (played on my US 3DS using regionFIVE) to the Japanese New 3DS? I want to be able to play online and get DLC without needing a lower firmware version 3ds to get private headers and/or create futz around with accessing the Japanese eshop for DLC.

I know there are tons of solutions to my problem, but finding the ones that work on 10.2 for my situation are a bit overwhelming for me as a newbie to this scene. I also sense a strong bias toward selling the sky3ds on the websites I linked above so I don't know if it's what I need. If there's a better alternative than Sky3ds for me please let me know (or if this just isn't going to work so I can save the money I'd spend on this for something that will work). Seems ridiculous to spend a fortune on a physical copy of Cubic Ninja just to be able to play a legally owned physical cartridge on my 3ds. I really hope Nintendo looks into making their next consoles region free.

Thanks in advance!

You can use the sky3ds lo load cubic ninja and then go to homebrew. Load the region free and just press the button to go to the next game or you can just remove the sky3ds and put another cart (a physical one)

About to transfer your save, you can do it using save data manager (for homebrew) but only for same region, it will not work if you transfer a eu/us save to a jap game.

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The only seller i know for certain ships from within EU is: http://www.shop01media.com/

They are based out of Poland. They dont have the best prices but ships fast and have good service.

Nice. I asked for something like this twice, but people probably didn't see it. :P It's not expensive though! Most retaillers I'm seeing sell for 79€+, there's s (supposedly) official retailler here in Portugal that sells for 95€! It's crazy, I tells you.

Now, on a more general note, I wanna throw the question up into the air: which R4 or R4i or whatever card should I get to play DS games AND (if possible) roms of gba and snes and such? Or any card is compatible with smea's stuff (like poshkapish said up there)?

sirphayze

Happy camper!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. I asked for something like this twice, but people probably didn't see it. :P It's not expensive though! Most retaillers I'm seeing sell for 79€+, there's s (supposedly) official retailler here in Portugal that sells for 95€! It's crazy, I tells you.

Now, on a more general note, I wanna throw the question up into the air: which R4 or R4i or whatever card should I get to play DS games AND (if possible) roms of gba and snes and such? Or any card is compatible with smea's stuff (like poshkapish said up there)?

Any R4 of the latest R4i should be good i guess they got some to choose from on that polish shop too..

I got the R4i with RTS

Poshkapish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the sky3ds lo load cubic ninja and then go to homebrew. Load the region free and just press the button to go to the next game or you can just remove the sky3ds and put another cart (a physical one)

About to transfer your save, you can do it using save data manager (for homebrew) but only for same region, it will not work if you transfer a eu/us save to a jap game.
Thank you! I know the rest of this is *slightly* off-topic but...

Only thing I'm not clear on is the status of my game save. Would it match the game's region or the region I am playing in?

So, if I use regionFIVE to play a Japanese game in the US region I am guessing this makes my saves US saves as I play. So I would not be able to transfer them and use them if I transferred them to the Japanese 3ds and played them with the same cartridge on a Japanese 3ds (even though the game would be in the same region as my 3ds, the save would not be).

It's no big deal if I can't transfer, although as huge as the game is, it will suck if my Japanese 3ds arrives really late and I've already logged several hundred hours into the game. I am guessing there is also no way to change the region of a save either.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Last edited by Poshkapish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work