ROM Hack GTA Trilogy modding

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the mods (.pak files) belong into `/atmosphere/contents/010065A014024000/romfs/Gameface/Content/Paks/~mods/`
pakfiles have a load order, thats why you see a number as prefix. they also (should) have the suffix "_P" but apparently it works without the suffix too.

Apparently the game can load .uasset/.ubulk files too if you place them in the right location but i couldnt get that to work on the switch (couldnt really test it either)

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the mods (.pak files) belong into `/atmosphere/contents/010065A014024000/romfs/Gameface/Content/Paks/~mods/`
Anything in Paks is loaded. But adding it to subfolder in Paks give a warranty that it will be loaded after original PAKs. _p or _0_P is needed if game disables loading additional PAKs that are not patches. But in GTA that's not the case. So only what matters is alphabetical order with subfolders included. Any subfolder name will work.

Reactions: Slluxx

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pakfiles have a load order, thats why you see a number as prefix. they also (should) have the suffix "_P" but apparently it works without the suffix too.

Apparently the game can load .uasset/.ubulk files too if you place them in the right location but i couldnt get that to work on the switch (couldnt really test it either)
I’ve also tried using an uncompiled uasset, but it doesnt seem to work on the switch…. but when I compiled it to .pak and put it into ~mods folder, it immediately works

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’ve also tried using an uncompiled uasset, but it doesnt seem to work on the switch…. but when I compiled it to .pak and put it into ~mods folder, it immediately works
In UE4 when enabling PAKs they must specify in code folders that won't need to be packed to use in UFS mode. Sometimes you can find them listed in configs. Adding additional folders to those configs won't work as they are already hardcoded in main.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

In UE4 when enabling PAKs they must specify in code folders that won't need to be packed to use in UFS mode. Sometimes you can find them listed in configs. Adding additional folders to those configs won't work as they are already hardcoded in main.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/977439-gtasade-pc-modding-guide/?do=findComment&comment=1071724334

Obviously the ubulk files need to be in the correct location.
BTW: the file they extracted doesnt exist in my gamefiles. i think they cut content for the switch version and thats why some mods dont work (speculation)

Reactions: BigOnYa

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free