GTA: San Andreas keeps glitching out.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Nintendo Fanboy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    Every time I go to pause or press the windows button, the game will not work with the mouse, until I pause and unpause while moving the camera very fast... And sometimes, the game will start with a black box at the top left corner of the screen, what is happening? I just want to play this game without bugs and glitches.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Launch GTA and don't ever alt tab.
    Some reason the game doesn't like it.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    that is normal... windows alt-tab (or windows key) was never recommended to use on games...
    nowadays games usually don't complain\show problems if you alt tab "abuse" but lots of old games including gta sa will "get mad"...

also, gta is one of "those" games with lots of glitches, asking for a bug free game is too much... specially from a port...
    and i hope you are playing with frame limiter on.. because if you turn it OFF lots of glitches will happen...

4. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    I tuned it off, I have it on PS2, but the frame rate SUCKS! I have it off, along with the graphics on high.
    Maybe the glitches are caused by the bigfoot mod and trainer..? The android edition of the game has worse glitches, the sky is sometimes white, the first mission is sometimes glitched and I get stuck in the hidden interiors universe.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I also recorded me finding the andromada cheat, but some of the building were glitchy.

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    well, the frame limiter being off is well known for messing with the cars traffic, you will see them driving insanely fast or always messing in corners\turns..
    there are other issues...

more info about what i am talking about here http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/GTA_SA#Timing-related_issues

if you use trainer\mods, of course there will be side effects... but i can't say which ones or what happens. or if they are really caused by thoose things...
    the game alone had already glitches.. and some patches broke some stuff while it fixed others.. meh..

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    it's recommended to keep the frame limiter on.
    Atleast, for speedrunning.
    It messes with the physics of the game badly.
    As well as swim mechanics.