gramin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I'm using:

DSi, AKAIO 1.4.1 with 17/4 dated loader. Transcend C6 4Gb, formatted with Panasonic Formatter.

I've found that a clean (U) dump of this game runs rather choppy with DMA - Quicksave (default). I tested with default (green), blue and red modes. I found that red (old DMA) fixes all of the slowdown and poor performance I encountered.

Thought I'd raise this issue for everyone, since not everyone has played this with a retail card and would know how the game is meant to run. For the most part the game is meant to be silky smooth.

Just have to remember to hold x every time I want to play this without choppy performance.

Another small annoyance is that I hear a lot of clicking noises in the audio (popping,) but this might not be strictly related to GTA, I hear it as the AK2i is loading up too.

Cheers
smile.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
People have already noticed choppiness. Mainly when your wanted level is high. But some have claimed this happens in the original game (perhaps not so much), not just backups.

And are you sure that noise isn't guns?
tongue.gif

gramin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting choppiness when just driving around the city doing nothing with no cops on me. Old DMA mode seems to fix this (that is I didn't see it happen while testing).

The popping noises happen before I boot CW up so it's not really related, just thought I'd mention it, since I do hear it a lot when going from the in game menu back to the game.

themando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, I noticed my first choppy-ness after I practically had the whole city after me, but even then it wasn't that bad. I bet during those parts even an official cart might be pressured.

gramin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themando said:
Today, I noticed my first choppy-ness after I practically had the whole city after me, but even then it wasn't that bad. I bet during those parts even an official cart might be pressured.

What software/hardware are you using?
smile.gif

I just did another mission after loading the 20/04 loader file on. For the most part it was smooth, but I'm pretty sure it's quite random in how smooth the game runs. Sometimes I'll fire it up fresh, get in my car from the safehouse (the first one), and as I drive off the camera will pan around, sometimes this is smooth, sometimes it chugs, when it chugs I know the game is going to run poorly.

Not sure why it's doing this.

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GTA Runs fine for me so far,Had no lag or choppy-ness or sound issues

Using akaio 1.4.1 with the 20-04-09 loader on a sandisk 4g ultra class 6 card - GTA (U) Dump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night