GRR!!!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by bekar, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

GRR!!! by bekar at 5:40 AM (1,105 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. bekar
    OP

Member bekar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    DAMN! I've got Moonshell 2.06 and ysloader working and everything.
    It's just when I run a .NDS file (off Moonshell) It boots to ysmenu. It doesn't seem to like the idea of autobooting the game itself.

I understand this is because of my config.ini. This is EXACTLY what it says: (copy and pasted)

-----------------------------------------
    [Config]
    ;YSMenu.nds path
    YSMenu=/TTMenu/YSMenu.nds

;YSMenu.ini path
    YSini=/ysmenu.ini

;How boot YSMenu
    ;1-Autoboot game
    -----------------------------------------

(obviously it doesn't have the dashes [​IMG] )
    The first two slots are correct, because it does seem to load ysmenu. I have a feeling it's the last two lines that lack something.
    Someone help please??

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    remove the ";" from autoboot.

It should look like this:
    Code:
    [Config]
    ;YSMenu.nds path
    YSMenu=/ttmenu/ysmenu.nds

;YSMenu.ini path
    YSini=/ttmenu/ysmenu.ini

;Autoboot
    autoboot=1

3. bekar
    OP

United States
    MAJOR PROBLEM!!!

Yes Games load perfectly now, but when I try to return to YSMenu (for cheats etc.) it attempts to load it, theres a pause, then it starts to load it again, a pause etc etc...
    In other words, whether I 'Return to Firmware' (R4TF.NDS) or just run the YSMenu.nds, it just won't load it.
    Oh, and I have my DS set so as soon as I turn it on it loads Moonshell straight. I want to keep it like this.

So now Im trapped with no cheats [​IMG] Please... help...

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    Yes and no...

No you can't fix it... But you can use Xeon++'s loader.
    Keep your config.ini but delete nds.YSloaderForMS2.nds and replace it with nds.yslaunch.nds. It's in the YSlaunch folder.
    No flashing screen -AND- it seems a second or two faster.

5. bekar
    OP

United States
    Thanks!

I've been a real idiot... I just press down B when loading a game and VOILA!! It boots to ysmenu! Sorry... that was pure stupidity from my side.

Yes this loader is much better AND quicker!! By the way... what on earth is ysboot and mshl2wrap? they both comes in the package. Do you know what they are both used for??)

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    lol... ok, here's whats going on.

You ran YSMenu's .nds through Moonshell.
    When you run a NDS through Moonshell (via launcher), it puts the title into the autoboot line.
    When you run YSMenu, it will put YSmenu in the autoboot line causing an infinite boot loop.

Go into your YSMenu.ini, usually TTMenu\YSMenu.ini or YSMenu\YSMenu.ini, and find the Autoboot line and delete everything after the = sign.

Damn ninja, you fast!!
    Anyway, YSBoot is a 'safe' way to boot YSMenu... it will clear the YSMenu.ini's Autoboot line, then launch YSMenu.nds
    I tried it once earlier today and couldn't get it working. I'll try again and update if i figure it out.
    Setting up the ini file properly might help..... duh [​IMG]

mshl2wrap is a hack/exploit for loading Commercial NDS games on Moonshell 2.07+. How it works is, it creates a bunch of homebrew launchers. These launchers will load the game specified.
    You end up with two folders (examples): ..\ROMs\ and ..\NDS\
    The "ROMs" folder has all your actual ROMs while the "NDS" folder has the loaders.
    Since the loaders are homebrew, they bypass the restriction of Moonshell to not launch large, commercial NDS files.

7. bekar
    OP

United States
    Okay... but so I have my ysmenu set so it autoboots to a folder called 'Games' with all my ROMs in it.
    So with Moonshell, your saying, I can't really autoboot to the folder, is that correct?
    Or should I just delete my ysmenu.INI file (not the one with the skin colors and stuff, but the one on the root which autoboots)?
    Im not even sure if I should have two ysmenu.INI's... but somehow I do. one in TTMenu (with colors and settings) and one on the root (with autoboot line).

Oh, and Im running Moonshell version 2.06, so do you reckon the ysloader will work?
    -- And, should I just delete my whole ysmenu.INI (the one with just two lines)??

PS. The YSLaunch is much better than the previous one I was using... thanks both to twiztidsinz and the author of yslaunch!

8. bekar
    OP

United States
    Lol I just deleted the autoboot ysmenu.ini and it worked perfect [​IMG] no problem!
    It even went to my /Games/ folder (I set it like that)
    Okay, thanks thats about it. I don't need help with anything anymore.. Thanks!!

9. twiztidsinz

United States
    You should only have one YSMenu.ini file.
    YSMenu will check a few folders, /YSMenu/, /TTMenu/, /_system_/, etc and will use the first one found.
    If you have multiple YSMenu.ini files, you should delete the ones you don't want and just keep one that you will use in a common folder like TTMenu.

When you launch an NDS file, the loader should load that game automatically, that's the point of it [​IMG].
    Otherwise just run the YSMenu.nds file.

10. bekar
    OP

United States
    Yeah I just deleted my autoboot ysmenu.ini... and I set the 'autoboot' function in ysboot.INI. It worked! Thanx!