Homebrew [Growing] Ninjhax 2.0 Compatible Homebrew

Captain Skank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap. I just read the wiki page on the spider exploit, and it says the spider exploit still works up until 9.5.0.23 when used under homebrew, which is now possible with Ironhax/Tubehax. I went and upgraded thinking I was locked out of the kernel exploit forever. Wish I'd read around more!

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Crap. I just read the wiki page on the spider exploit, and it says the spider exploit still works up until 9.5.0.23 when used under homebrew, which is now possible with Ironhax/Tubehax. I went and upgraded thinking I was locked out of the kernel exploit forever. Wish I'd read around more!

Is this foreal?

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this foreal?
The kernel exploit is unrelated to spider. Spider is an entry point, THERE IS NO KERNEL EXPLOIT OVER 9.2. The entry point is irrelevant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP was banned lel
I have control of the thread now. I just ran out of time to keep it updated.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly it'd be nice if there were 2 subforums, one for homebrew/tool releases and another for all these question/discussion threads that keep popping up. That'd work better than this thread imo, since the post needs to be constantly edited.

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it'd be nice if there were 2 subforums, one for homebrew/tool releases and another for all these question/discussion threads that keep popping up. That'd work better than this thread imo, since the post needs to be constantly edited.

Agreed. This is a developer forum that the average end user is allowed to take part in, not unlike XDA. It'd be nice for question threads and important development threads to be separated.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about Ninjhax, but heard it was useful a while back -- so when I found a cheap copy of Cubic Ninja yesterday, I bought it.

Is the game cart still useful, or has it been surpassed by some other exploit? I haven't been keeping up with it since I thought I'd never find a copy of CN.

Are all copies of Cubic Ninja compatible with Ninjhax?

I have OoT too -- can Ninjhax do anything OoT can't? Sorry for being so behind...

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know anything about Ninjhax, but heard it was useful a while back -- so when I found a cheap copy of Cubic Ninja yesterday, I bought it.
Is the game cart still useful, or has it been surpassed by some other exploit? I haven't been keeping up with it since I thought I'd never find a copy of CN.
Are all copies of Cubic Ninja compatible with Ninjhax?
I have OoT too -- can Ninjhax do anything OoT can't? Sorry for being so behind...

Ninjhax, Tubehax, Ironhax, OoThax and now SSBhax are all capable of the same on firmware 9.3 - 10. The only real difference is convenience - Ninjhax works off the cart, Ironhax works off the download and OoThax can be either (later carts were patched, but the eshop version is still unpatched I think). Tubehax is free but you have to mess with internet settings, and I think SSBhax needs even more fiddling.

If your Cubic Ninja and OoT are both on carts, then OoT starts up sliiightly faster. OoThax takes up all the save data so you can't play the game though, so I'd recommend you use Ninjhax anyway.

On firmware 9.0 - 9.2 Ninjhax can be used to get kernel access, with ninjhax 1.0. I don't think that's been ported to other games so Cubic Ninja is still very valuable there.

EDIT: I see a lot of people liking this, so disclaimer: My join date over there is the day I first discovered 3ds Homebrew, so I'm not an expert. This is still correct to the best of my knowledge, but I don't know everything!

Last edited by ~Poke~,

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax, Tubehax, Ironhax, OoThax and now SSBhax are all capable of the same on firmware 9.3 - 10. The only real difference is convenience - Ninjhax works off the cart, Ironhax works off the download and OoThax can be either (later carts were patched, but the eshop version is still unpatched I think).
Is there a way to tell which version of OoT I have by checking the cart itself, or the box of a sealed copy? Thank you for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo