GridLauncher 3DSFlow Project (Box Cover Banners)

GridLauncher 3DSFlow Project (Box Cover Banners)

sg8qbAo.png

PfjvwNG.gif

Hey guys! I wanted to share an idea I had when playing around with the new Full screen banners feature of the Grid Launcher. I've already made all the games I have installed and from gamecards but with some help we could expand this to have many other games until the point we all have all of our games boxes on the title menu like we used to have on the Wii days with WiiFlow. Hope you like this idea as much as I do. :lol:

NEW! Download covers for your installed digital games directly from your 3ds with the new 3DSFlow cover downloader by @ihaveamac

3DSFlow cover downloader

Simple way to turn your artwork into a box cover banner

Box cover online generator

How to get the proper title id for games you don't own.

1. Search for the game you're working on http://www.3dsdb.com/ Make sure it's the correct region and if it's eshop of card version.
2. Copy the title id of your game from http://www.3dsdb.com/
3. Go to this website http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter and convert the title id you copied from hexadecimal value to decimal value and the decimal result is the title id the gridlauncher uses.

How to manually make a box cover banner (Noob proof guide)
I'm using paint.net in this guide but any photo editor should work.
1. To have a uniform look you'll need to download the 3DSFlow template. (Right click and save as)

4HwRtTj.png
2. Download a box art for your game and crop only the artwork without the Nintendo 3DS logo.

FEqEHCT.png

You should have an image like this

9xYMf1y.png

4. Resize the image to 186x186

CWiToTA.png

5. Paste your box art on top of the template and align it. It should fit perfectly on top of the black square shape.

HXPtp1e.png

zN5iodq.png

6. Now you must name correctly your image but first you must look for your game's title id.

1. On your 3DS start up the grid launcher and tap the home icon on the bottom left of the bottom screen.
  2. Move your cursor to highlight your desired game and then press select.
  3. On the top screen you'll find out your game's title id (The title id varies
    from region)
OCJYLeb.png

7. Now that you have your title id save the image titleid-banner-fullscreen in my case I'm using Kid Icarus Uprising US so I'll name it 1125899907039488-banner-fullscreen and save it as a .png

8. Place your image on your 3ds SD card in this directory SD:gridlauncher/titlebanners/

I know it sounds kind of complicated but once you try it out it will only take you a couple of minutes. Here I'll leave a little video of 2 box art I made.

How to make a homebrew box cover banner
1. To have a uniform look you'll need to download the 3DSFlow template. (Right click and save as)

hFJg0DR.png
2. Please follow steps from 2. to 5. of the How to make a box cover banner (Noob proof guide) above and come back when you are done.

3. Save the image with the homebrew .3dsx name of your homebrew app and place it next to your homebrew files. In my case, with Killerman Ghost Buster I'll rename templatehb-banner-fullscreen with the same name of my homebrew .3dsx file where the templatehb goes and that leaves me with killerman_ghost_buster-banner-fullscreen. Save your image as a .png and place it within your homebrew app's folder.

Example directory:
SD:gridlauncher/folders/HBL Games/killerman_ghost_buster/killerman_ghost_buster-banner-fullscreen.png

SD:3ds/killerman_ghost_buster/killerman_ghost_buster-banner-fullscreen.png

I already created 40 banners for my US 3ds. Title id varies from region so if you use another banner from another region you'll need to rename the titles id to match your region. I'll make a list with all the game covers and regions soon but you can see them or download them on the bottom of this post.

Help wanted!!

This is not a release!! this is a project and I hope to get help from you guys. How cool would it be to have all of your games and homebrew apps with a uniform boxart? I think it would look awesome!

Anyone can contribute!
  • Making and sharing new homebrew covers using the templates to expand the library!
  • Helping out with the pending requests (List below)
  • Providing missing titles ids (List below)
AUS Games
Legend of Zelda
Zelda II
Link's Awakening DX
Mario Bros. Deluxe
If the games have ratings (Which they probably do) I would like them in the Australian Pegi ratings please!
Stella Glow EUR
Shantae and the Pirates Curse JAP
Shantae Gameboy Color virtual console USA

Screenshots:
07yWvpA.png

iMmqKRc.png

KKwEyS7.png

Download:
3DSFlow Website

Contributors
  • zorglub07
  • Larsenv
  • ihaveamac
  • Gocario
  • supercarotte
  • reymas101
  • Xenosaiga
  • superstarxalien1
  • ElyosOfTheAbyss
  • Jack_Sparrow
  • Bobesh8
  • Filo97
  • Stalls
  • Shaker78
  • Baccabechoppin
  • BurningDesire
  • wowwow
  • TurtleP
  • Jwiz33
  • Konno Ryo
  • Favna
  • Sterillo
  • xplay10
Thanks for sharing!!

Let us know any request you may have!

Useful links

Grid launcher thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-launcher-with-grid-layout.397527/

Help by contributing new covers at http://www.gametdb.com/

Here's a useful link @Xenosaiga provided with many game covers.
http://www.nintendolife.com/3ds/covers
If the cover you're looking for is not there remember that google is your friend.

Link provided by @supercarotte where you can find all the eshop games covers
https://www.nintendo.fr

Another thread with cool banners for the grid launcher: http://gbatemp.net/threads/mashers-grid-launcher-homebrew-app-banners.403632/

Official wiki page with all the info about the launcher and banners: https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu/wiki/Banners

Thanks to @mashers for the grid launcher and it's great features!
Thanks to @ihaveamac for the awesome 3DSFlow website and 3DSFlow cover downloader.
Thanks to @supercarotte for the amazing new templates and 3DSFlow logo.
Thanks to @Gocario & @ihaveamac for the box cover online generator.
Thanks to @zorglub07 and @Larsenv for their incredible work with almost all the 3ds game covers available on their amazing site http://www.gametdb.com/

Last edited by JJTapia19,

superstarxalien1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Updated some of my banners and made some more.

Attachments

• 3DS Home Menu extdata Tool 3DSFlow Project.png
    3DS Home Menu extdata Tool 3DSFlow Project.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 326
  • Braindump 3DSFlow Project.png
    Braindump 3DSFlow Project.png
    3 KB · Views: 309
  • Flipnote Studio 3D 3DSFlow Project.png
    Flipnote Studio 3D 3DSFlow Project.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 474
  • Ironfall Invasion 3DSFlow Project.png
    Ironfall Invasion 3DSFlow Project.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 367
  • mGBA 3DSFlow Project.png
    mGBA 3DSFlow Project.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Nintendo eShop 3DSFlow Project.png
    Nintendo eShop 3DSFlow Project.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 276
  • YouTube 3DSFlow Project.png
    YouTube 3DSFlow Project.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 282
  • extdata Dump 3DSFlow Project.png
    extdata Dump 3DSFlow Project.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 322

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yay! I have been hoping that this will be real!

The best would be if we could implement this into RetroArch. We could export whole picture libraries from the wii emulators. Very nice to see :)

Reactions: JJTapia19

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Updated some of my banners and made some more.
Your work is great! thanks a lot.

@SLiV3R & @GoodCookie88 Thanks for the support !

In order to make a installer all one simple has to do Is host on a server right? I can make the code however if someone can lend me a server that would be nice!
Edit: A nice mass colab of title id's would also be nice!

This would be great. I don't own a server but let me know if I can help in any way.

I need opinions about this VC template? is it good enough? Should we have a standard virtual console template or one for each console?
KVMP3V2.png

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your work is great! thanks a lot.

@SLiV3R & @GoodCookie88 Thanks for the support !

This would be great. I don't own a server but let me know if I can help in any way.

I need opinions about this VC template? is it good enough? Should we have a standard virtual console template or one for each console?
KVMP3V2.png
Now we are cooking!!! Went from an idea to a mass hit.

Could potentially have a separate template for each VC, but gotta figure out exactly how many there are and if it would be worth doing for that many.

superstarxalien1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here comes another batch of covers, featuring 2 bonus ones for Homebrew Launcher and Grid Launcher.

Also, the ID for Flipnote Studio 3D is 1125899907655168.

Attachments

• 1125899908232448-banner-fullscreen.png
    1125899908232448-banner-fullscreen.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 1125968626454528-banner-fullscreen.png
    1125968626454528-banner-fullscreen.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 244
  • ftbrony-banner-fullscreen.png
    ftbrony-banner-fullscreen.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 307
  • gridlauncher-banner-fullscreen.png
    gridlauncher-banner-fullscreen.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 296
  • homebrewlauncheroriginal-banner-fullscreen.png
    homebrewlauncheroriginal-banner-fullscreen.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 1125899908195072-banner-fullscreen.png
    1125899908195072-banner-fullscreen.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 226

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ironfall EUR TID: 1125899908264192
eShop EUR TID: 1125968626460928

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are the original images from which banners were made from stretched?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Here comes another batch of covers, featuring 2 bonus ones for Homebrew Launcher and Grid Launcher.

Also, the ID for Flipnote Studio 3D is 1125899907655168.
Thanks for your great contributions! I added Flipnote's title id. :lol:

UPDATE!
@mashers helped me out and told me how to get the titles id's without having the game installed.

1. Search for the game you're working on http://www.3dsdb.com/ Make sure it's the correct region and if it's eshop of card version.
2. Copy the title id of your game from http://www.3dsdb.com/
3. Go to this website http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter and convert the title id you copied from hexadecimal value to decimal value and the decimal result is the title id the gridlauncher uses.
Now we can make covers for games we don't own to help others out and request are more easy to make. Just let us know the games you want and your region.
With this I was able to find the titles id of all the games we have for us and change the names to match the eur region so now we have an eur download section. If there's the interest in the future we could edit the box covers to match the EUR pegi rating system.

EUR 3DSFlow Banners

I need the following EUR titles ids because I could not find them. Thanks in advance!
Nintendo badge arcade
System settings
E-shop
Ironfall invasion

Thanks @SomeGamer
Finally I added the new virtual console template. Many thanks to superstarxalien1 for all his work in contributions and mashers for his amazing launcher and the help with the title ids.

Attachments

• templateVC-banner-fullscreen.png
    templateVC-banner-fullscreen.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by JJTapia19,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Can you add a list in the OP of all the ones made like in your themes thread :D
A list with the names of the games or a list with the covers and the names? I could do both but the for viewing the covers it's better to use google drive's layout instead of one cover on top of the other. Let me know what you think. :)

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A list with the names of the games or a list with the covers and the names? I could do both but the for viewing the covers it's better to use google drive's layout instead of one cover on top of the other. Let me know what you think. :)
I didn't even know there was a google drive page lol. How about you make a list of game/eshop/homebrew names and then paste the drive link under it.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I didn't even know there was a google drive page lol. How about you make a list of game/eshop/homebrew names and then paste the drive link under it.
Ok that will be helpful to know which games/homebrew already have covers and which are missing. I'll work on it tonight.
Look for the download links on the bottom of the first post. It will take you to the google dive page with the covers.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here, I made some banners for EUR titles : Pokemon Shuffle, Nintendo Badge Arcade and Pokemon Picross (though *hax users aren't able to launch it yet). I'm so HYPED about this thread !
1125899908157440-banner-fullscreen.png
1125899908232704-banner-fullscreen.png
1125899908399360-banner-fullscreen.png

Btw, Every eshop software has a page on Nintendo.fr, which features a square covert-like picture that can be used as a banner so that it looks like what an official one would, which is cool.
What is cooler is that they all have the same format (438x370) which can be sized down to 201x170 then cropped to 186x170 (with an offset of 7x0 in order to keep the center of the picture). (would have been perfect if they were 15 pixels less large)

Also, RedInquisitive already made a screenshot merging tool that could be used to generate the banners if we could just change the filenames and offsets that are used. I don't know how to code myself, but maybe someone could =)

Oh yeah, and I really think this would deserve to be implemented in gridlauncher directly, kind of how the updater is, as soon as the db gets decent and server issues are figured out :yay3ds: !

PS: Don't know why my pics don't want to show at the bottom of my post like the attached files they are :/

Last edited by supercarotte,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I updated the help wanted section in the first post. Now they are two new spoiler tabs
Missing title ids and pending requests.
Whit those I hope we can help eachother even more by easily finding what's missing.

I would help with the request but I'm on mobile atm. I'll do it asap unless someone help you first.

@supercarotte
Thanks a lot. I added your link to the useful link tab on the bottom of the first post. Glad to know you're hyped for this project. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂