OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, hi. I'm from Canada, and no I do not live in an Igloo. I'm currently employed by FutureShop (same things as Best Buy), and I'm an Automotive Engineering (and Management) student and the University of Ontario; Institution of Technology (UOIT for short).

As for my question(s), I'm looking for a NDS backup tool. I've done my research and have narrowed the field down to one of three choices; M3 DS Simply, M3 Lite, or R4. R4 and M3 DS Simply seem to be virtually the same product. However, neither support GBA ROM backup. This is why I'm looking at the M3 Lite. I'm willing to pay nearly double the cost for the M3 Lite and its GBA support. That is, only if the NDS support is as good as the other two options. How well does the M3 Lite handle NDS backup? Is it as good as the M3 DS Simply or R4? And is there a long boot sequence with the PassCard 3 on the M3 Lite? Also, I'm aware that the M3 DS Simply and R4 boot up right away with no PassMe. What exactly is involved with the PassCard 3, and its boot sequence? Okay so I didn't research the PassCard 3 as much... Guilty.

Thanks much!
biggrin.gif
- John (aka Artimes)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You're better of with an R4 and EZ-V Expansion pack instead of M3 Lite. R4 has better NDS support than M3 Lite and EZ-V Expansion pack will cover GBA support. That solution is much more complicated than just buying an EZ-V bundle.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't live in an igloo? How did you manage that? I am still stuck in my igloo. You must be rich.

Artimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@ deadmon: It's a nice campus, I'm actually starting in the Fall. I'm just loafing around till them. Mind you, I am a registered student as of last week.

@ H8TR: So you're saying I can store GBA backups on my MicroSD (which is inserted in my Slot 1 card, such as the R4) and the EZ-V Expansion let's me play such backups? Or is there built in storage on the EZ-V Expansion? Also you mentioned the R4, but is the EZ-V Expansion compatible with the M3 DS Simply?

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ H8TR: So you're saying I can store GBA backups on my MicroSD (which is inserted in my Slot 1 card, such as the R4) and the EZ-V Expansion let's me play such backups? Or is there built in storage on the EZ-V Expansion? Also you mentioned the R4, but is the EZ-V Expansion compatible with the M3 DS Simply?
The roms are stored on the slot-1 card and written to the 3-in-1. Takes like 2 minutes and it can only hold one game, but after that it functions like a regular gba game.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow brother from the cold! I get the hole iglo crap all the time, from living in Alaska.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Im moving to Canada......eventually.

And welcome to the hotel, Artimes. Please watch your step as you walk through teh Zoo, all the rabbit-spider-monkey trainers are going mad over pokemans and they're flinging their poo...

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello fellow Canadian
smile.gif
Ramza from Québec.

Yeah im a frog
frown.gif
oh well, got to live with it, im still proud of being a Québecer.
You will find a lot of fun people here
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far