Greatest hardware configuration for emulation in general

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by mariogamer, Jun 22, 2017.

1. mariogamer
    OP

mariogamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    So those time I search some emulator for ds & wii... But actually it seem like you must get a great processor + a great graphical card + new model of motherboard to make it run at full speed.

So what processor + other things you would advice me to use?

2. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    The original hardware, the games were meant to run on custom hardware, but if you're pressed for a more conventional and cheaper method, i'd get a Raspberry Pi 3 for general 90's down emulation. Try your best though to get an everdrive or something like that for smoothest results. I personally use a RPi 3 though.

3. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Get a Wii and you can emulate most (if not all) those 90's consoles, that's how I play when I feel the need.

4. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    The Buvvins
    rpi 3 does good for most emulators,doesnt do ds and wii though. On my personal rig i have an i7 870 and gtx 1050 no problems with emulation but i doubt you're about to go out and buy a 110$ gpu much less a full rig

Luglige likes this.
  5. mariogamer
    OP

mariogamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    I already have a wii...

In fact I mostly want to emulate gamecube for netplay.

(Also ds emulation on wii is....well... last time I tried it it was super laggy...)

Last edited by mariogamer, Jun 22, 2017
  6. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    The Buvvins
    if you want gamecube netplay basically your only choice is getting or building a capable computer

Luglige likes this.
  7. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Wii can play GC games, and if your Wii is one with NGC controller ports then you can play NGC games without the need of anything else (but the games and a NGC controller). If playing backups, use nintendont. As of netplay, haven't tried it myself, I'm not that into the subject.