Gran Turismo 5 Question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by raiderscrusade, Oct 1, 2011.

Oct 1, 2011

Gran Turismo 5 Question by raiderscrusade at 3:46 AM (1,101 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hello,

Recently I have been playing Gran Turismo 5 and I have been eager to get that damned Red Bull X1..

I want to ask, what is the easiest way to get to Level 35 B-Spec?

And, do I need a level 35 B-Spec driver, or an overall B-Spec level of 35?

If I need an overall, what is the best way to get that? Creating 6 drivers and getting them to say, level 15 each?

Hope someone can help!

2. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    Currently i'm at lv 33 b-spec. Best way to level up IMO is to spam the 4hr/9hr endurance race. Doing like 2-3 of either said endurance will give you a level. It's take a lot of time though. All other events seems to give you very little experience but compared to the time taken for the endurance, it may balance out if you spam other races for the same time taken to complete the endurance.

Spamming single races (championship if you like) is quite annoying but you gain credits like wow. I prefer endurance races as it's not as annoying as single races (every 15-20mins having to load up the next race).

I think at lv 30 you unlock the vettel challenge. You can probably do that instead of spamming countless hours for lv 35 b-spec. I mean if you're really up the the challenge.

To me the X1 is a pretty cool car an all but i prefer my 500-700 PP cars. Car's in that range is a lot of fun to me.

3. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    Is this car different than the one you get for getting A-Spec level 30?I ask this cuz there is the Red Bull Challenge you get for getting A-Spec 30. I've been doing B-Spec a little more often now, but It really annoys me. I'm level 17 and my driver seems to be utterly retarded when it comes to driving. Is the goal to keep the bar for cool and hot right in the middle and your driver will race well? For me I can only win races if I give my driver a ridiculously faster car than the competition he is racing against. Also in endurance races for B-Spec, will you have to tell your driver to pit or can you just start the race and come back when it's done (that's what I do, since the races are really long in B-Spec).

4. SinHarvest24

Trinidad and Tobago
    I know that there are different versions of the redbull X1, which one you get for completing the A-spec lv30 challenge or reaching lv35 in b-spec, i don't know.

All B-spec divers are stupid. To make your driver drive his fastest you gotta keep the bar on the red/hot side.

In b-spec endurance, considering you have more than 1 drivers, your driver pits either when both his green and blue bars are depleted or when your tires are real bad or if you're almost out of fuel. That's from my observations though, can't really say for sure.

So you can just start up a B-spec race and leave it lets it run out. Once your car is faster than theirs you'll win.

5. 10_0ARMY

United States
    So basically, keeping the bar in the middle will make your driver drive "normally" and he won't make errors like he's prone to do in the hot. Does your driver make less mistakes when you get his level up?

6. SinHarvest24

Trinidad and Tobago
    They do make less mistakes when at a higher level. Keeping the bar in the middle will essentially make your driver drive 'normal', i usually keep the bar in the red zone in the tougher races where you can't get a car that is just outright faster than your opponents.

From what i've noticed high level (30+) drivers can stay in the red zone without making noticeable mistakes.

7. Guy.brush

Newcomer Guy.brush Member

Concerning the X2010: Kazunori Yamauchi has recently confirmed that if Sebastian Vettel wins the F1 championship everybody with GT5 will get an X2010 as a gift (which could already be after the next race). Source: GT Planet

Concerning the heat bar: I´ve had the impression that you have to tune it to the driver´s personality. That means, if your Bobby´s rather hot headed keep the indicator more in the red section, if he´s more the cool type dont´t hassle him to much. I found them to perform best that way. But they´re still stupid as hell, even if they get a little smarter when their level increases. At least they don´t constantly spin out on the Nürburgring any more. Oh right: and higher level drivers don´t exhaust as fast as greenhorns. Glad I´ve hit lvl 40 quite a while ago.

Best for XP is the nine hour endurance. Get a superior car, set pitting strength to 0%, start it when you go to bed, voilá lots of XP in the morning.

Aaand almost forgot: b-spec lvl35 awards you the Red Bull colored, Vettel challenge the carbon prototype, if I remember correctly...

8. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thanks guys.

I personally prefer to have a B-Spec driver toward the cool side. Although it's harder for him to overtake at the start, once he is in first position there is no looking back.

I'm thinking of going for the A-Spec level 30 first, then chancing it and trying to unlock all the versions of the X2010. It would be more rewarding, and I'll get to race too.

I am not really a fan of B-Spec, it's just utterly pointless the fact you can't do anything while it's racing, or you can't simulate/skip it.

9. Guy.brush

Newcomer Guy.brush Member

The Vettel challenge used to be crazy hard to the point that it was unbeatable without a wheel, but at some point PD extended the time limit for the bronze trophy, so yeah, give it a try. I´d still recommend a wheel.

It really helped to have the b-spec one in my garage though, just for training purposes. Now you´ll very likely get one next weekend ;P

And you´re right. You can actually win all three versions in the challenge:

All Bronze: Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel (Red Bull)
    All Silver: Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 (Random Color)
    All Gold: Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 Prototype (Carbon)

10. 10_0ARMY

United States
    I got to level 35 in B-Spec on Monday and started the 24 hours of Le-Mans with the RedBull X1 prize you get. That car is so OP it's ridiculous. I periodically checked on the race (cuz I'm not gunna sit in front of a t.v. for 24 hours straight) and my driver(s) were ahead by a ridiculous amount. At the 15 hour mark they were ahead by 100+ laps. I still can't believe that Sony would put in two 24 hour long races. In A-Spec is there a break or a save function for these races? If not, how did yall complete em? Also, I though the reward for the 24 hour race was really crappy considering it's 24 hours straight. :unsure: