GP2X Caanoo Game System

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gonna have a PSP soon, so no need for this.
Can't wait, glad I'm gonna be finally able to play PSX on the road
smile.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'll look how is supported emulation in this one, but the Pandora's controls are better IMO (D-Pad + 2 sticks, very useful for N64 emulation)

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, another one? Jesus just buy a PSP, it does damn near everything this crud can do. in the early 2000's I got a GP32, which was long before PSP was announced, and it was okay. There is seriously no need for these types of devices, when you can easily hack a PSP (PSP 1k to 2k, hell even PSPgo and 3ks are almost good now).

Waste of money.... please don't buy.... if any of you bought a GP32, etc. you can tell these people how awful the games were...

Wynd

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
Waste of money.... please don't buy.... if any of you bought a GP32, etc. you can tell these people how awful the games were...

I have a GP32. It's a wonderful device, and the games are fantastic! The GP2X was not a worthy successor, and neither was the Wiz... so I doubt that this one will be. It's not being made by the same visionaries that made the GP32, for a start!

D.

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wiz is a great device. I can't see the point of the new model at all. Maybe some advantages to buying this new model over the wiz will be discovered. I have my Wiz which I gave $100 shipped and I play it occasionally. We will have to wait to see what this new model can do, however I can't see any reason to get excited about what appears to be a boringly small incremental update with a weird looking d-pad. However I will be watching with interest and hope this new device is better and more powerful than it appears.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Cortador said:
Looks promising. Wondering what will be possible to emulate with this one.
Looks not so promising. ARM9 is old and 533mhz isn't as impressive as it was 5 yrs ago.
It's time people started putting snapdragon CPUs in their portable devices.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So much fuss about what? This is clearly just a Wiz redesign. The hardware's almost the same, minus some really minor stuff like vibration/ g-sensor, almost unnecessary in emulation, the reason why people buy GPH consoles . I really would really like to see at least one Wiz app/game to use all the RAM it has available, so why to bother with the RAM upgrade? Unless they're planning to develop some all-3D commercial games, which looks as probable as Nintendo releasing a Zelda game on the PS3. So it's just about the design. As usual. No one is crazy enough to scrap out a selling console 1 year after its launch.

ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
It looks nice. Its definitely seems more aesthetically appealing to me then the new Dingoo (could A330 possibly look anymore like a cheap PSP clone?) which I suppose is its main competitor. I never got a wiz (I do already have an old F100 though) so if its cheap enough I might get it but I doubt it. It still doesn't seem like that huge of an improvement. The built in wifi could potentially lead to some cool stuff but it probably wont really get used. Ditto for the increased ram and other minor spec improvements. I'm also not sure why they switched back to a pretend analog stick.

Pandora took forever to even begin its release and it still isn't really available to anyone who wants one. So why is it that with all the time that has passed since its announcement it still seem infinitely more appealing to me then the modern incarnations of GP2X and Dingoo?

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
RupeeClock said:
xcdjy said:
This sounds a little nooby because I am a noob to PSOne emulation, and though I doubt it will be able to emulate PSOne, will it? I need Resident Evil so bad
frown.gif
They tried on the GP2X Wiz, I could get Symphony of the Night to run about 20 FPS with no sound.
The Caanoo appears to have the exact same processor as the Wiz, so don't bet on this system being a portable PSX.
Bah, sucks. I think I'll wait for PSP prices to get pretty low due to the release of a 4000 or PSP2 and just grab one of them instead.

Why don't you get a Pandora?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lodis said:
xcdjy said:
RupeeClock said:
xcdjy said:
This sounds a little nooby because I am a noob to PSOne emulation, and though I doubt it will be able to emulate PSOne, will it? I need Resident Evil so bad
frown.gif
They tried on the GP2X Wiz, I could get Symphony of the Night to run about 20 FPS with no sound.
The Caanoo appears to have the exact same processor as the Wiz, so don't bet on this system being a portable PSX.
Bah, sucks. I think I'll wait for PSP prices to get pretty low due to the release of a 4000 or PSP2 and just grab one of them instead.

Why don't you get a Pandora?

Because it's bulky, and looks like a laptop. :-P

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
http://www.open-pandora.org/
read it and weep, theyre already shipping, slowly but surely

OK. I'll eat my words then.
Looks like they have managed to get a few of them out there.

That means I'll be in line for one shortly. I HAVE the money, have had it for quite some time, but wasn't going to trust it to them until it was clear that some form of product would be enroute shortly.

I certainly wasn't going to trust it to them for years in advance. Glad some people could afford to do that, but I wasn't going to.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
computarman said:
The wiz is a great device. I can't see the point of the new model at all. Maybe some advantages to buying this new model over the wiz will be discovered. I have my Wiz which I gave $100 shipped and I play it occasionally. We will have to wait to see what this new model can do, however I can't see any reason to get excited about what appears to be a boringly small incremental update with a weird looking d-pad. However I will be watching with interest and hope this new device is better and more powerful than it appears.
It is a little bit faster and it has WIFI which will be so awsome because there are a lot of free hotspots these day's (including my school
smile.gif
)

Is it posible to browse with this tingy?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Pandora still kicks its ass. If it ever turns up to my house...

Kalisiin said:
DaMummy said:
http://www.open-pandora.org/
read it and weep, theyre already shipping, slowly but surely

OK. I'll eat my words then.
Looks like they have managed to get a few of them out there.

That means I'll be in line for one shortly. I HAVE the money, have had it for quite some time, but wasn't going to trust it to them until it was clear that some form of product would be enroute shortly.

I certainly wasn't going to trust it to them for years in advance. Glad some people could afford to do that, but I wasn't going to.
If you haven't pre-orded, good luck getting one. They've been fetching over $1000 on eBay consistantly. Or you can just wait 6 months and be able to pre-order for batch 2
smile.gif

THE VAPOUR WARE IDIOTS HAVE BEEN PUNISHED! HAHAHAHAH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: