355 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. Maybe in the future

431 vote(s)
    44.8%
  6. 962 voter(s)
  1. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Addict

Depends on particular circumstances, in my case I consider the two compliment each other.

Not everything I want to run, will run on PC (E.g. Rare replay) or would require repurchasing (note I have Gamepass Ultimate but not everything is available on both).

For games which do run on both via the same purchase/subscription, PC is better but if say I’m in bed I’ll run them on the Xbox.

If however you just want to run the latest multi platform games in the same location, then yes the Xbox does seem a bit of a waste.

Last edited by tech3475, Nov 15, 2020
    SSG Vegeta likes this.
  2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

United States
    Maybe in a year or so I will pick up a PS5 and a Xbox Series S. For now I'm just trying to buy an RTX 3080.

brickmii82 likes this.
  3. usernamecharlie

usernamecharlie GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Central europa - earliest date to actually get a ps5 is march 21, confirmed by two major resellers. Well I am not in the rush here and actually glad to save quite a few bucks. Thanks to my pretty decent gaming pc I have no interest in picking up a series x.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    I am way too poor to get a PS5 at launch, so I am definitely gonna wait to get it, like a year or two.

5. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Not yet but will be getting a PS5 if anything. All games that will release on Xbox will release on PC anyway, and what I have is more than capable of doing the same things Series X is, albeit at 1080p (which is all I need, I don't have a 4k display and I don't see a point in getting one anywhere in nearby future)

6. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I’ll be getting a PS 5 (disc) as soon as they’re available again, as my dad has decided that’s what him and my mum are getting me for Christmas.

Well, it’s supposed to be birthday/Christmas as my birthday is Christmas Eve. But I know them too well, any excuse to spend money, there’s bound to be something else thrown in there.

You’d think by 46 they’d have stopped buying expensive toys, but no :rolleyes: Not that I’m complaining of course..... But someone had better get me the socks I actually asked for, I need those :rofl2:

For the first time ever though, I don’t know if I’ll buy both (well, all 3, but I have a couple of Switches), with Microsoft’s cloud streaming turning out to be actually ok, I don’t feel the same urge to buy a XSX, when I can just stream the games instead.

I’m still officially against digital downloads, of course, but a streaming service is different, as I have no ownership expectations....... But we’ll see, I’ll probably end up picking up a XSX in a year or two, just so I have the disc versions of the games I want.

Last edited by Stwert, Nov 15, 2020
  7. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Still thinking about getting my first ever Xbox, in a Series X ... but none are available online in the Netherlands currently.
    Reason for series X? Well I cleared the space for it already so that is 1, Dev Mode Retroarch for another, 3rd the basic SSD and so on leap for back compat as well.

And yeah it will still be my secondary console ... I have too much when it comes to Nintendo Switch.
    Even when counting titles I would get on Xbox that are available on both. I just came to about 15 titles (which sounds like a lot ... but I have roughly 410 games on Nintendo Switch so in the grand scheme ... it is not that many.)

8. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

Totally broke due to covid and college, so maybe I'll pick one up in a year or two when I'm more better off financially.

9. RyRyIV

RyRyIV GDDM
    Reviewer

United States
    After being an Xbox faithful since the 360 days, I actually went and got myself a PC once they announced all of the Microsoft exclusives would be coming to both Xbox and PC. So because of that, I’ll likely pick up a PS5 in the future for writing reviews and to act as a 4K Blu-Ray player.

10. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Sticking with pc for now. I will get a ps5 when the slim/redesign comes out and the system has built up a nice backlog of exclusives for me to play.

Going to grab a dualsense now though to use on pc. Doesn't seem like there are any stock issues with those, so hopefully easy enough to get one.

stanleyopar2000 likes this.
  11. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Gonna get a PS5 at some point in the future, not in any hurry tho, still loads of PS4 games I've been meaning to play (and I still neglect the PS4 in favour of the Switch).

This isn't like listening to vinyl - you know the displayed image starts off as a digital representation, right? Why would you want it converted to analogue? And if you can justify that, then you can still buy an external converter for a console that would do the same job.

12. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Standard rules regarding major expenses like a new console is that it has to have at least half a dozen games I'm aching to play that I can't get anywhere else. Right now the PS5 has none whatsoever. Nothing exclusive that excites me. Horizon 2 looks amazing but may well be coming to PS4 anyway so why bother? I'll wait a couple years until the technical issues are fixed, the inevitable Pro version is available, stock issues are resolved and the good games start coming out in their also inevitable Game Of The Year packs. Right now none of them are worth it.

That and right now if I buy any shiny things whatsoever before my next pay day on the 4th of December I'm cutting quite deep into the food budget 'cause a certain custom jewelry project for my girlfriend has left me broke A.F for the foreseeable future. A new console isn't even remotely on the cards right now.

13. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    I will not pay scalpers $800 for a console.
    Maybe in the future.

14. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Iraq
    what exclusives :x

raaamesh likes this.
  15. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    I think we all know it's not truly about performance, it's about games.
    If all we were interested in was performance we'd play on PC.
    Nintendo isn't going to release a Pokemon/Zelda/Pikmin/etc game for PC, so we buy the switch.
    I have a PS4 Pro and playing DMC5 on it was incredible, the graphics were great and not much I would change.
    But to play the next Persona/DMC/Uncharted etc, they'll most likely be on the PS5 only - so I'll have to get a PS5 one day. That, or wait until they decide to release on PC, and I'd have to start using something beefier than my laptop!

If there were no console exclusives, things would be very different!

I've been playing my Gamecube lately, and apart from using Dolphin, there's no other way to play Wario World.
    It doesn't matter that the new xbox is more powerful! I have a Wario World disk and I want to play it lol.

Last edited by cearp, Nov 15, 2020
  16. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    VGA (or more correctly, RGBHV regardless of connector) is what all decent monitors use, plus it's intrinsecally drm free

Sure there's probably a decent external DAC (at an added cost), but I would still be voting with my wallet for Big Media's agenda

17. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    People buying the digital only consoles need to be shot.

Remeber all the kick off last gen when ms tried to do digital only and prevent pre owned sales of games.

Well done, you have been slowly brain washed and now, like sheep flock to buy.

This then gives them the excuse to claim it sells better, making savings for the devs, yet still charge you more for digital shit that holds no value.

Enjoy trying to trade your digital only box with 0 games and in years to come, a collection of digital shit that has 0 value.

Unlike my collection of retro games worth over 2k.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Here is a pc master race troll.

Find me a pc game that is pushing hardware to require this.

Nope, doesnt exist.

What you get is delayed console ports that have been beefed up, but dont actually look that much better considering the hardware.

You seem to act like pc games are like todays graphics and consoles are like ps1 graphics.

Nop3, you just get the same base game, same textures but higher quality, same models, polygon count, just higer resolution and frames.

UltraSUPRA likes this.
  18. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm going to beat my older games first and when I complete a good amount I'll look into next gen. I do plan on buying both systems but it's going to be for a cheap price after 3 or 4 years. By that time all the games have dropped down in price

stanleyopar2000 likes this.
  19. SG854

SG854 I'm Evolving

Comoros
    still can't get one :cry:

CallmeBerto likes this.
  20. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    Going to wait a few months in 2021 so it's less of a "status symbol with 2 games."They'll be more available magically afterwards and more games too.

....or just say fuck it to both and buy a 3070..maybe RX 6800 if it performs better.

Still undecided.

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Nov 15, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NextGen,