OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Download blazer appears to work (that is, it did not use the normal download method) when I tried a zip, haven't triend an APK with it yet.

The Go keyboard is meant for phones so it's not in a proper shape or layout for tablets unfortunately.

As for video players, while all of them play the MOV from my camera...

MX Player Pro - Does not play WMV9 inside AVI.
MoboPlayer - Does not play WMV9 inside AVI.
Dice Player - Will play WMV9 inside AVI, but will not seek. :(

Trying the cube one now.
EDIT: Oh, looks like the cube one is for music, not video.

EDIT2: Oh, I have to pause before it'll seek. XD Looks like DicePlayer is what I'll use.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah yes, 3. I read about that a while ago and thought it looked good, but I had forgotten about it now that I actually have an Android device. Gotta try that out now.

EDIT: Nice player, but the lock screen controls are annoying. Instead of appearing normally, the usual lockscreen appears, then disappears, then I have to press the lock button a second time to get the controls to appear. Apart from this it's decent. Dunno if this will stop me using it or not.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Try QQPlayer for your videos.

If you set up ADB on your computer, you can download a apk on your computer, wifi adb to your phone, then run adb install .apk
That is way more complicated than it needs to be. He doesn't need to bypass anti-sideloading methods like those of AT&T, he just needs a non-Google downloader app.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is because I am rooted and have a custom ROM, but I have never had issues installing APK's.

I have had issues where pressing the download button on a website resulted in it downloading a very, very small file. Which can be fixed by using Opera browser, which downloads from just about any file sharing website.

Also, I will mention how I do install APK's. I can't be arsed to navigate all these ad ridden file sharing sites on my tablet, so I have a CIFS folder setup on my PC desktop that I drop them in.

Than you go and download CIFS manager from the market and set it up with your PC. Now I just mount the CIFS share real quick and any file in that folder is now able to be streamed or installed. Great when you would rather watch a movie on your tab in another room but you don't have the space to store it. This does need root though. :(

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
^Try QQPlayer for your videos.

If you set up ADB on your computer, you can download a apk on your computer, wifi adb to your phone, then run adb install .apk
That is way more complicated than it needs to be. He doesn't need to bypass anti-sideloading methods like those of AT&T, he just needs a non-Google downloader app.

Whatever floats your boat, the ADB method is pretty useful at times when you want to install a bunch of .apk's at once.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have no trouble installing, it's the download process that's filtering them.
It downloads, and then deletes right before finishing if the proper headers were not sent.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3364904/php-headers-for-a-apk-file-is-not-working-when-downloading-on-the-phone

As for the video player, Dice seems to be just what I'm looking for. Plays all the stuff I've tossed at it so far, and the controls aren't teribly ugly.

Kong Fan

Grumpy Old Fart
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice choice of tablet Rhydian, just got a TF300T with the dock and am lovin every bit of it.
Using Dice and Mx player also just waiting on a mini HDMI cable so i can hook it up to the television.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've found the micro-HDMI slot to be loose, I have to keep the cable at a certain angle to keep the signal (it's not an issue when holding it upright, but it is when holding it flat). I don't know if it's just the cheap-ass cable I got off of monoprice or not, don't have any other micro-HDMI cable to test.

EDIT: And there's obligatory HDMI input lag when playing games to the TV, again it may just be because I'm using a long and cheap HDMI cable and mirroring the screen and such, but thankfully gaming to the TV isn't the main reason I got it (as it works just fine for sharing pics with family and all that jazz).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte