Hacking Got a flashed Xbox 360 Slim, drive issues.

Paladiex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drive gets stuck and it has issues reading backup games. I'm going to attempt a pot tweak on it, and soaking the rubber band / buying a new rubber band soon. Ultimately I will be buying another cd/dvd drive to replace it.

Should I do the soldering method and just swap the PCB's? Would soldering method require me to reflash the drive? Or should I just try to flash the replacement drive. I'm trying to find info/tuts on it on youtube and other forums but I keep getting way mixed signals from people who've never done this before or failed.

Help much appreciated, this xbox is an xmas gift for some less fortunate children I know.

Contacted a seller on Amazon. Told me he'd warranty it for 6 months and for me to just swap the PCB. Can anyone confirm that if I swap out the PCB's then I don't need to flash.

Last edited by Paladiex,

Paladiex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swap the PCBs, it'll be fine.
No need to flash it anymore since you're only changing the non electrical parts.
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know if the firmware version makes a difference? IE my drive is 0225, amazon sells a 9504 FW for $33.94 shipped and 6mo warranty.

Paladiex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with the swap.
Should be easy as it's a few fairly big points you'd need to solder.
Thanks, replaced the pcb a few hours ago. Resetting some skylanders on a backup game and everything seems to work nicely. Thanks for the GL wishing :)

Paladiex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet.
I'd suggest installing the games to the harddrive to relieve stress on the DVD drive.
Also makes the console more silent.

No prob~
Thanks for the tip, it's got a 250gb HDD so I'll probably be installed some arcade games and downloadable content. Then I will start the disc downloads :)
Btw, is there any way to get arcade games and dlc free on xbox hdd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1