Hacking Got 3.20 Vita 2000 today

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
topic.

Of course i would like to visit the SEN-Shop for some software, should i update to the latest FW version to do so, or are there any good reasons to stay on 3.20?:blink:

twofiftyeight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update.
maipHb0.gif

D

Deleted-355425

What? It is the first time i see 3.20 on a Vita. It was bundled with american/europe PSTVs only.

if you stay, you can hack it for psp and ps1 games, if you update, well, you can use PSN. It is your choice.

I thought the same thing, I'd like to see a photo before I belive it.

Reactions: yuyuyup

GregoryRasputin

The PS3 Scenes Most Hated Person
Banned
Trophies
Website
playstationhax.it
XP
Country
A PS Vita is more fun with eCFW, so stay on the firmware you are on at the moment.
The most fun i have had with my PS Vita in the past couple of months, is playing Tony Hawks 1, 2 and 3, something not given or allowed by Sony, but something given an allowed by having the ability to tun homebrew and backups, even if it is only in PSP mode.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, thing is... i already got a PSP 2000 and a PSP Go for all the PSP-Piracy, Homebrew stuff and PS1 Games.

So, i guess i'am only interested in PS-Vita-Piracy and Homebrew. Or is all the PSP stuff much better on a Vita? Resolution, Features etc..?

I thought the same thing, I'd like to see a photo before I belive it.

I's a japanese PS-Vita MERCURYDUO Edition. It came out a few weeks ago, and it came with FW 3.20

D

Deleted-355425

That would explain it, you are on the last firmware that is the sweet spot regarding future exploits aswel as native side.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Bonny: thanks for the info.

vita has dual analogs, you can assign the second analog to L,R buttons, face buttons or d-pad. this can make a lot of games much pleasurable. for example you don't have to claw with monster hunter. http://www.giantbomb.com/playstatio...t-are-noticeably-better-with-vita-con-537266/ here is a list. There are more games if you have ecfw installed as it can play umd-only psp games too.

its screen is much better than psp. Its battery has more juice than a PSP.

But it is harder to manage your content on Vita, as it is not drag and drop files like PSP.

after all, it is your choice. i both have a PSP Go and a Vita at 3.18 with ecfw. There is still not a good enough Vita game to make me update to the latest version.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well hes on 3.20 anyway so he might as well update, anything good going at the moment and future kernal wise is only good for 3.18 and below.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
3.18 is the same pretty much as 3.20, so he's ok if he stays on it.

I think if he try's the KExploit link on his browser below with his PSVita I think he will find it errors? He should try it before he decides to update. I'm sure it only worked for 3.18 and below also I thought ecfw only works for 3.18 and below?, that's what I have read up on.

KExploit Link:-

http://www.lolhax.org/vita.htm

Edit: if it comes up as any error code asap it does not work.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
i can assure everybody that webkit exploit and ecfw works on 3.20. Source: me and my 3.20 Playstation TV.

Edit:sorry my bad it seems it does work on some 3.20 FW's :) On mine it says Congrats Vulnerable at the end on 3.01FW.

There's quite a few interesting things for psvita 3.18 below going on at the moment, you have the ecfw you can install, there is also the KExploit native hack to test and also the QCMA package which you can play around with pkg demos & apps. also there is the bubble hack on its way. I don't think it will be long before something really good happens for the psvita and the scene blows up, I'm thinking it wont be long before the psvita hacking forums start to take off like the 3DS forums have done! :)

Update: many people are asking what the exploit should look like when it is “working”. The “full” proof of concept only works on 2.60, but on other firmwares, anything else than an error code is a good sign. For example, people on 3.18 and 3.20 report that the page stays there for a few seconds then reloads: this is a good sign.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all the infos! And thanks reprep, for the detailed info about the differences to the PSP. That all sounds nice... but i've got only one retail PS Vita game here... so the SEN Network is my only software source at the moment. And staying away from it just for a bit more comfort for PSP games :unsure:

BTW... what's the latest PS Vita FW anyway?

Is there a way to have a look in the SEN PS Vita store via PC, so i can find out if it's worth updating?

i can assure everybody that webkit exploit and ecfw works on 3.20. Source: me and my 3.20 Playstation TV.​

Ok, so i could use the exploit directly on my system, correct?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the infos! And thanks reprep, for the detailed info about the differences to the PSP. That all sounds nice... but i've got only one retail PS Vita game here... so the SEN Network is my only software source at the moment. And staying away from it just for a bit more comfort for PSP games :unsure:

BTW... what's the latest PS Vita FW anyway?

Is there a way to have a look in the SEN PS Vita store via PC, so i can find out if it's worth updating?

Ok, so i could use the exploit directly on my system, correct?

If yours is a Euro version vita, which it is I presume?. You need to get an exploit game of PSN so I would go with what I went with Space Invaders Extreme. Then you need the save files. I just ordered the game of PSN of my laptop and did a reset on my vita logged into my old PSN account and then it downloaded to my vita home screen. You can do it through your PS3 which seems to be the best option. There is a kind person from the UK that has given me some good advice so he might be able to help you further if he reads here. The latest PSVita Firmware is on 3.35 at the moment. :)

Edit: Its Mech, hes up above, he seems to know what is best ask him if your stuck. :)

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If yours is a Euro version vita, which it is I presume?.

No. It's a japanese System.

unfortunately you need a ps3 with psn access for one time. after that, you are good to go.

I got a japanese PS3 with the latest FW who can access the PSN Store.

I guess it's not important from what region the systems are. I've set up a german SEN Account on the jap. PS3 and pay over Paypal in Euros if i purchase something. Is it smart to also register this account on the Vita? For Crossbuy or something? Or should i create a new (japanese?) account on the Vita?

The latest PSVita Firmware is on 3.35 at the moment.

OK. And these exploits dosen't work on this FW anmore, right? :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr