GoRetro! Portable announced

GoRetro_Portable.jpg

Retro-Bit is bringing some of the most popular video games into your hands this holiday season with its new GoRetro! Portable handheld console.
Available in UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Nordics, Benelux and other European countries at €39.99, Retro-Bit’s Go Retro! Portable features over 260 games including favorites from publishers The Tetris Company, Capcom, and Data East, such as Tetris, Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Ghosts n Goblins, Strider, 1942, Gun Smoke and more. The Go Retro! Portable comes in blue and white color.

Distributed exclusively in EU by Koch Media, the Go Retro! Portable features up to 10 hours of non-stop gameplay using 4 AAA batteries. Fans can alternatively play by plugging the handheld into a micro-USB cable. The Go Retro! Portable features a 2.8 inch high-resolution screen, volume control, 3.5mm headphone jack, and an intuitive user interface.

“The Go Retro! Portable offers a simple and effortless way for gamers to dive into retro gaming at a solid price point” said Ali Manzuri, Product and Business Development at GOE Distribution/Retro-Bit. “We wanted to let players relive the experience without having to go through the hassle of searching for consoles, controllers, and cartridges as well as being confined to their living rooms. With the introduction of Retro-Bit’s new handheld, players can now take the experience of their home consoles anywhere!” adds Ron Pang, VP of Sales and Marketing at Innex Inc/Retro-Bit.

GoRetro_Portable_Open.jpg

The Go Retro! Portable is estimated to release on November 30th for €39.99 and will be available across all retail stores and online shops in Europe.

:arrow: GoRetro! Portable Official Site

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand what market they're trying to appeal to, as most retro gaming enthusiasts would be immediately turned off by something like this.
Same. Nostalgic people want something like their old console (official NES classic or a Pi in a GBA shell, but in any case not a random console), millenials who play retro games do it on their smartphones, makers want to do it themselves with a Pi... I fail to see who would wants this.

Last edited by Enkuler,
Reactions: THYPLEX

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Lovely, another NES-on-a-chip. Who would want to buy a dedicated handheld with built-in NES games and NO cartridge slot? I don't understand what market they're trying to appeal to, as most retro gaming enthusiasts would be immediately turned off by something like this.
I'm sure there's a huge market for an NES portable with a cartridge slot.

Here, let me open up my duffle bag full of NES carts and swap one out while I'm on the bus.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's cool, but with phones able to play all that and more, it just makes that nothing more than a novelty, at best.

Get a controller stand or the Game Boy thingy if you have a phone compatible with it and you're good to go. Touch screen controls are very much hit and miss.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yET another emulated rasperry consol with licenceless roms included?

Are you guys sure it's legal?

Weeeeeell literally every handheld like this one is absolute shit on the current market so there is a chance for them. And it's licensed at very affordable price.
Dunno but I'm a bit interested maybe. Depends on the build quality and details to be honest.
If there's no ''digitizer'' over the lcd they can say goodbye to my moneys

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen these the other day. 20.00 to 29.95 USD depending where you look.
No these but cheap raspberry clones with illegal games. Those arent worth 10$ tbh.

btw OP is there gonna be a giveaway at temp? :creep:
I mean not bragging or implying anything but I can..well review the thing

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not these but cheap raspberry clones with illegal games. Those arent worth 10$ tbh.

btw OP is there gonna be a giveaway at temp? :creep:
I mean not bragging or implying anything but I can..well review the thing

Yeah it was these. Been able to preorder them since last week. There as been an white/orange one available with less games. Same company producing this one as well.

Edit: looks like the old color has been updated to include the extra games. Kohl’s has these btw on sale during Black Friday for 10.00.

Last edited by chartube12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work