Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's see... From basic testing, I've seen issues with a few games.

Shantae: Runs too slow, not sure if the music plays in-game (?).
Pokemon Crystal: Graphics errors.
Pokemon Trading Card Game: Very minor slowdown when some text boxes close, no gameplay impact.

Instead of Crystal, use Gold or Silver. The visuals in those are fine.

lmao shantae... read the nfo file that came with it for a laugh

let's see here
gba.gif
does this mean I can throw my gbc in the trash.. i mean, not that i play pokemon crystal or anything...
lecture.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody try Donkey Kong Land on this emu? I loved that game, but it didn't work all theat well on my last emu (flickering screens etc.)

I've heard that the Donkey Kong games were worked on in the beta builds that this build is based off of. Try it out.

holy crap!
this is still using my Goombafront I programmed when the hell way back what?

Wow. I remember flubba asking me in secret to make that thing as he was keeping Goomba all "hush hush". My only condition for doing it was that Final Fantasy Adventure worked.

Yay old school!
Get a Flash Advance Pro and FAS1 and flash some pogoshell!

Apparently, heh. Of course, he could provide instructions for everyone to do "copy /b goomba.gba + game1.gbc + game2.gbc output.gba" though your frontend is probably easier for all concerned. Only issue is that it doesn't work with accented characters (like the é in Pokémon).

Setting the "Double Speed" option to "Timers" can reduce slowdown a bit in certain games.

I think Supercard CF users have to use the official patcher on each compilation. Seems like it'll white screen if moved over directly. Might be mistaken however.

Right on both counts. The "Double Speed" setting is set to Full by default to prevent some games from crashing, but many games run faster with it set to Timers. Slot-2 Supercards will require patching with the Supercard patcher to work. On my SCMiniSD, I could get the older builds to launch without patching but none of the appended games would be recognized (black screen, but L+R brought up the menu).

QUOTE(Wuschmaster @ Jan 14 2008, 08:58 AM)
just port this to DS already...
He's working on it. Up until this point, it was very difficult to port because it used the official ARM SDT, which costs several thousand dollars. This build is the first publicly-released binary to compile in GCC, making it much easier to port.

And yeah slayerspud, you missed the point of it being available for the GBA. There WERE devices that played GBA games before the DS came out, ya know. Also, Lameboy has issues with certain games, while Goomba Color has issues with others, but by combining the two you can play a very respectable portion of the GBC library. Can't argue with increased compatibility, can you?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goomba Color is vastly superior to Lameboy when it comes to GBC games. Despite the fact that Lameboy has 4x the processing power available, every native GBC game I've tried on it has run too slowly (like 40 FPS). Goomba Color runs many of these games at full speed, or at least close enough to be playable.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so can it play links awakning?

hmm guess ill go find out.

EDIT: Screw it, too hard.

yea it can play link's awakening. it seems to be flawless-ish, though i haven't checked it extensively yet.

It's easy to use goomba

1. Extract everything.
2. For 'Select emulator file' - Use the provided goomba.gba file
3. For 'Select output file' - You point to where you want to compile the new gba rom with gbc roms loaded in it. IE. you name the output gba rom.
4. For 'Add GB/GBC games' - point to the directory of the gbc roms.
5. Highlight the gbc roms you want and click 'add'
6. Compile
Hey thanks for your help. Thats alot easier to understand
gba.gif

... but i just found lameboy and used that instead. so much easier.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit! Oracle of Seasons runs exactly like the original cartridge(so far)! Alpha 6 ran it great but this is even better.

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, quick question...

Running this latest goomba on my M3 Perfect Lite. Save state doesn't work at all. It's been a while since I messed with this cart. Do I need to do something with the rom to get it running properly?

Thanks!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
How does this one (GBA) compares to lameboy (NDS)?

with this one you have to compile everything on your PC to make a gba file to play on your gameboy advance, with the lameboy emu you just drag and drop the gameboy files onto your micro sd and just start the program on your DS, also lameboy has full screen support while goomba emu has a smaller screen, maybe they have added full screen to this latest build, who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*