Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was revealed yesterday
Google TV's website

PC World's 5 ways Google TV could fail

From the link below said:
Google TV is not viewed as a threat to companies that integrate the web and televisions. Though yesterday’s announcement prompted some writers to suggest that Google TV might “kill” Boxee and other services that merge mobile devices, online content, and television, the “threatened” companies are actually intrigued by how Google TV can aid their business.
Small Interview with Kevin Kitagawa, firector of strategic marketing at MIPS Technologies (after the Google keynote)

From the link belowIntegration will also appear in the Playstation 3 at some point, but no date has been mentioned as to when that will happen
The reveal doesn't say anything about pricing etc.

Edit: Sony will make TVs with Google TV built in in the future. Logitech will make remotes with full keyboards for use with Google TV. It is based off of the Android OS (for cellphones like Droid, Nexus One, etc.).

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This will be a big thing I'm sure. Not sure if I like it or not, one thing that makes T.V so good is schedules and different shows, bein able to watch whatever you want whenever on T.V will mean it could get boring. At least you don't have to watch all the regular s**t though... And I've not heard about Hulu or anything else TV :/

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
This will be a big thing I'm sure. Not sure if I like it or not, one thing that makes T.V so good is schedules and different shows, bein able to watch whatever you want whenever on T.V will mean it could get boring. At least you don't have to watch all the regular s**t though... And I've not heard about Hulu or anything else TV :/

QUOTEThe one major drawback being rumored today is that supposedly you won’t be able to play videos from Hulu even though the site is Flash-based. Apparently this has more to do with TV licensing than any sort of technical problem.
Source

sadly... hopefully other things will work, Google has to have a plan

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Easier to hook your PC to your TV.
Exactly. Google is putting this out to people as if ways to access the internet on your TV don't exist. Obviously it's for money and the power that comes along with having money, but they could at least try to make it sound like a new, innovative option.

It will still be a big hit, seeing as there are millions of people who are not tech-savvy, and just find the most popular and accessible options to different things, even if there are cheaper solutions. Google, as well as most technological companies know what they're doing, even if it sounds almost like a scam (I couldn't think of a better way to word that, so I put scam...XD).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TDWP FTW said:
tk_saturn said:
Easier to hook your PC to your TV.
Exactly. Google is putting this out to people as if ways to access the internet on your TV don't exist. Obviously it's for money and the power that comes along with having money, but they could at least try to make it sound like a new, innovative option.

It will still be a big hit, seeing as there are millions of people who are not tech-savvy, and just find the most popular and accessible options to different things, even if there are cheaper solutions. Google, as well as most technological companies know what they're doing, even if it sounds almost like a scam (I couldn't think of a better way to word that, so I put scam...XD).
It's easier if you have an all-in-one machine than twenty different ones attached to eachother via all sorts of cables/wireless networks.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Integration will also appear in the Playstation 3 at some point, but no date has been mentioned as to when that will happen
this is probably the thing that I'm most excited for, as i actively play my ps3, and want as much as I can get out of it (plus it would be a huge advantage for ps3 if this thing becomes a success)

I honestly don't care for having it on my regular TV (I use a separate TV for my PS3), as when I want to watch a show I can just do i on my PC and i'm fine.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait for google OS
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
alidsl said:
smile.gif
Never heard of Android? It doesn't only run on Mobile Phones, but also on PCs...

@Topic: Google will soon own the world...wouldn't mind if they wouldn't steal all the data...-.-'

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
alidsl said:
smile.gif
Never heard of Android? It doesn't only run on Mobile Phones, but also on PCs...

@Topic: Google will soon own the world...wouldn't mind if they wouldn't steal all the data...-.-'
Android runs on PCs?! WTF?! I didn't know about that yet, I only heard about a ChromeOS coming for netbooks...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Blue-K said:
alidsl said:
smile.gif

Android runs on PCs?! WTF?! I didn't know about that yet, I only heard about a ChromeOS coming for netbooks...

just thought I'd add my two cents to this:

I have never heard of Android for PC, just Chrome OS for netbooks and such:

QUOTE(Quotes from Google's official reveal of Google Chrome OS)netbooks running Google Chrome OS will be available for consumers in the second half of 2010...
Speed, simplicity and security are the key aspects of Google Chrome OS. We're designing the OS to be fast and lightweight, to start up and get you onto the web in a few seconds. The user interface is minimal to stay out of your way, and most of the user experience takes place on the web....
completely redesigning the underlying security architecture of the OS so that users don't have to deal with viruses, malware and security updates. It should just work....
Google Chrome OS is a new project, separate from Android. Android was designed from the beginning to work across a variety of devices from phones to set-top boxes to netbooks...
Google Chrome OS is being created for people who spend most of their time on the web, and is being designed to power computers ranging from small netbooks to full-size desktop systems....
Google's official blog revealing the Chrome OS

Frequently Asked Questions
Is Google Chrome OS free?
Yes – Google Chrome OS is an open source project and will be available to use at no cost.

What companies is Google working with to support Google Chrome OS?
The Google Chrome OS team is currently working with a number of technology companies to design and build devices that deliver an extraordinary end user experience. Among others, these companies include Acer, Adobe, ASUS, Freescale, Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, and Toshiba.
Google Chrome OS FAQ page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1