Dolei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
dun worry giuse it's k

So basically I updated my phone (Samsung Galaxy S Captivate) to Android 4.0.4 with CyanogenMod 9, and I can't get Google Play to work now :(
It starts to load for about as second at most then suddenly disappears, it just quits and the process ends, no force close message or anything. I have tried different so-called "modded" versions of the vendor.apk file.. but none of therm work D:
(Also, I'm pretty new at hacking androids but with the right direction I should be able to do most things)
Anyway yeah I don't know if it's because my phone's got a custom rom or what.. but any help would be much appreciated, thank you! ^_^

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be the custom ROM, as I just got to installing ICS on my Evo a few days ago and it does the same thing, well I get a FC message but it's the same thing. It doesn't really matter, though, cuz you can get alternate markets and although they may not have every APK Google Play does, you can still google the ones that aren't available and install them via SD card.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reboot to CWM and flash the latest GApps. I'm not sure exactly what makes it happen, but every time you flash a new ROM you need to flash GApps with it too (edit - unless it's a stock ROM, I think).

The latest GApps, 3/17/2012, is here: http://goo.im/gapps/...0317-signed.zip

You don't need to wipe anything before flashing this, btw.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reboot to CWM and flash the latest GApps. I'm not sure exactly what makes it happen, but every time you flash a new ROM you need to flash GApps with it too.

The latest GApps, 3/17/2012, is here: http://goo.im/gapps/...0317-signed.zip

You don't need to wipe anything before flashing this, btw.
That's what I did, yet it hasn't worked for me...maybe the file I downloaded was corrupt? Hmm...I'll try again and post back results, if it works for me it should work for Dolei as well...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact problem OP described when I flashed AOKP b28 to my g-nex a few weeks ago, and I forgot to flash GApps. After flashing it it worked fine. If not, make sure your DPI is set to stock (probably 320 or 240 for most phones), then go and clear the data and cache for Google Play and try launching it after force killing it.

(I'm still a noob at this stuff too but this is the most I can think of. After flashing a custom ROM I've never been able to get into any of the GApps without reflashing them)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So basically I updated my phone (Samsung Galaxy S Captivate) to Android 4.0.4 with CyanogenMod 9, and I can't get Google Play to work now :(
It starts to load for about as second at most then suddenly disappears, it just quits and the process ends, no force close message or anything. I have tried different so-called "modded" versions of the vendor.apk file.. but none of therm work D:
(Also, I'm pretty new at hacking androids but with the right direction I should be able to do most things)
Anyway yeah I don't know if it's because my phone's got a custom rom or what.. but any help would be much appreciated, thank you! ^_^
Tell me, can you access data (wifi or 3g) with any apps, what about the default web browser, can it access data ?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I often have issues with the play store similar to this. If you have not trud this yet, reboot you device, and then run the play store again. It should come up with the terms of use or s.omething, and you need you tap accept. If that still doesn't work, I suggest you wipe everything and flash the from again.

Dolei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
oh i can't believe i didn't notice that button XD

...still doesn't work ._. tried about a million combonations of clearing the data, clearing the cache, un/reinstalling and rebooting.. nothing works -.-

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

...still doesn't work ._. tried about a million combonations of clearing the data, clearing the cache, un/reinstalling and rebooting.. nothing works -.-
I know this might sound like an insulting question, but I don't mean it that way: have you checked to make sure this isn't on the list of "known issues" for your phone's CM9?

If not, I suggest a fresh install from scratch, no backups (except stuff like text messages and call history). You can use an app like appbak to easily redownload your apps from the playstore once you've freshly installed. I know it's a pain, but if all else fails, it's your best option (speaking as a seasoned root user currently using CM7).

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you say "un/reinstalling", are you installing a Google Play APK you found, or have you actually flashed the zip of GApps I linked? If you've flashed a custom ROM, you ought to have CWM installed, so download the zip I linked from goo.im, put it in the root of your SD (just for simplicity's sake, you can stick it wherever on the SD you want though), reboot into recovery (your ROM's power menu may have an option to do so, otherwise look up the key combination for your phone), and use the volume keys to move and the power key to select the following options from it - "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> browse to where you put the GApps zip and select it with the power button -> scroll down to "Yes - install gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip" and hit power again, wait for it to finish, then go back, go back,, and reboot.

Dolei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

When you say "un/reinstalling", are you installing a Google Play APK you found, or have you actually flashed the zip of GApps I linked? If you've flashed a custom ROM, you ought to have CWM installed, so download the zip I linked from goo.im, put it in the root of your SD (just for simplicity's sake, you can stick it wherever on the SD you want though), reboot into recovery (your ROM's power menu may have an option to do so, otherwise look up the key combination for your phone), and use the volume keys to move and the power key to select the following options from it - "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" -> browse to where you put the GApps zip and select it with the power button -> scroll down to "Yes - install gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip" and hit power again, wait for it to finish, then go back, go back,, and reboot.

trying it now~ :D

my phone kind of died along the way but all the caches are reset and stuff which i guess is a good thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended