Google Chrome vs Firefox

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think Google chrome browser is better then the Firefox?
i use extensions unavailable to the Google chrome browser like Automatic Save Folder or Scrapbook. so what's the big hype? it's a nice browser looks awesome but seriously lack of ext. i just want to see why some people use it. i cant understand.

i do recommend it for those who do not use extensions w/in firefox.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to pick Firefox, because it has extension which Chrome currently lacks.

However, I'll use Swiftfox or Iceweasel instead of Firefox, mainly performance increase.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Google chrome is light on the computer, while firefox hogs up some processes. but idk, maybe firefox 4 is better.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Google chrome is really fast, I've been a firefox user for a while but it is notably slower loading web pages and starting up for me (The process list should show the difference in memory usage as well) Now the lack of extensions is a bother but I can live with it considering everything is a bit quicker, for me google chrome is the best browser available (just my opinion)

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Chrome is faster.

Mozilla Firefox has more add-ons.

---

That being said, the only add-on I need/use for a browser is an ad-blocker, which Google Chrome has.

I use Google Chrome.

That is all.

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant live w/o my extensions i currently use over 24 and yes i use them all LoL but i do like the Firefox theme "Chrome" cause that is def one thing i like bout Google chrome is the whole theme it looks slick but other then that i can sacrifice speed for quality meaning better variety of extensions
smile.gif

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Firefox if the speed is bearable, but on slow computer I pretty much suck it up and use Google even if it isn't as flexible.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome Beats FF3, FF4 beats chrome, (rendering) Speed wise anyway.

Ram, of course Chrome Wins

IE9 is the fastest, and most HTML5 compliant browser out there at the moment. However, the IE9 beta is buggy. i also noticed it being slightly slower than FF4 on lower-end PC's.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
I use firefox. My Computer is just way too crappy to make Chrome go fast. Even my Opera browser goes faster. Not Chromes fault, its just my computer.
...What, now?

I use FF just because it has better addons. Aside from that, Chrome FTW.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamefreak94 said:
I use firefox. My Computer is just way too crappy to make Chrome go fast. Even my Opera browser goes faster. Not Chromes fault, its just my computer.
When I used my crappy pc, firefox used to load in a minute or two and chrome in a couple of seconds..

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use both, but then all the extensions I needed from Firefox were ported to Chrome, which I prefer to use because it is the fastest web browser available. I use the dev builds.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Bluelaserman said:
Does chrome allow protection from Antivirus software? (Norton to name an example)
It depends on what kind of protection you mean.

If you mean the "scans everything that's downloaded" protection, that works with every browser since the system scans every file that's created.

If you're talking the "will alert you about bad websites and block them", chrome does that by itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz