Google Chrome vs Firefox

Christopher8827

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason here - Chrome is slower than Firefox on my side. Its also a resource hog whereas Firefox doesn't eat as much memory.

My netbook specs are: Atom n450. 2gb ram.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Internet browsers are for browsing websites. I prefer GC since it's faster and not cluttered like Firefox. I just use the internet to view websites, etc.
FF's advantages are the customization features, more add-ons.

Still, I love Google Chrome, since the day it was released, that was the browser i've used ever since.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm using Firefox on all my PC's at the moment, but I'm thinking of switching soon maybe.
Firefox is just a little bit slower than Chrome, and it can't load some sites for me. It just keeps loading them for ages, so annoying.

But the add-ons make it better than Chrome, and that's the reason why I still use it.
My brother is a big pro Chrome guy, and he said Chrome can do all the stuff my Firefox can do too. I'll check that out soon, and then I'll decide which browser I'll really use.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chrome is a really good, fast browser, but I dislike its interface. For that reason, I still use Firefox. Unfortunately, the Firefox 4 beta uses an interface that's similar to Chrome's...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firefox is nice cuz of customization.Chrome because of speed.
Both browsers eat up an amount RAM though(Firefox is ok if it's a fresh install). If it's lightness and speed being talked about though,Opera is the best...

FF4 looks like it has a bright future,I sure wish they would hurry...

+Firefox

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Chrome looks so crappy i love firefox with the cool themes and extensions
smile.gif

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Chrome but hate it. I used to use Firefox, hated that too. Before that, Opera. Hated it. Don't even get me started on IE...

Out if the bunch I'd have to say Firefox, just because the people who make it are nice. Not like Google, trying to take over the Internet, and M$, trying to take over the world!

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Chrome is a really good, fast browser, but I dislike its interface. For that reason, I still use Firefox. Unfortunately, the Firefox 4 beta uses an interface that's similar to Chrome's...

i agree with this 100000%. i highly dislike the interface. as for ff4, i believe there is an option to make it look like like the older ones.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
George Dawes said:
Firefox without a doubt - chrome might be alright in a few years when they finish it off, but at the moment it seems like half-a-browser.

I'd go with opera over chrome.

That's Google for you, their 'beta's' take forever
tongue.gif

But you can hardly say it's half-a-browser, it works brilliantly already, no crashes whatsoever.
And this is only beta, and it's almost (or better according to some) than Firefox, then what will the final version be like
ninja.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Chrome is more buggy though, a site for torrents seems to get cut in half when viewing in Chrome but when viewed in Firefox, it is normal, but I still prefer Chrome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs