Google Android 4.3 Announced

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nexus 4 so I assume I'll be seeing this update sooner rather than later.
All and all it seems to be a update to hold people over till 5.0 or Key lime pie as I believe its codenamed.

Yep; you should only now have to wait until the staged rollout gets to you, unless you'd rather flash it manually.

Staged rollouts can be rather frustrating to wait for though...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just to anyone wondering why the update feature doesn't show a new update, it'll come in the next few days. Currently the only way to get the update is to do a clean install (removes everything before installation).

As for the updates on hardware, I'm ready for the N7. Probably will pick one up in August when I go to the States or in September when visiting Germany. Depends a bit on the price of the N7 and charger in the EU (prefer native EU plug compared to US + adapter since the adapter adds to the size).

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank God! I was sick of my fruit-ninja not having realistic lens flare!

In all seriousness, though, while it is cool that they have added these new features natively, there really aren't any "killer apps" on the platform that would benefit from them. The OUYA is crashing and burning (unfortunately), and the majority of the top Android apps are... well... look for yourself.

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank God! I was sick of my fruit-ninja not having realistic lens flare!

In all seriousness, though, while it is cool that they have added these new features natively, there really aren't any "killer apps" on the platform that would benefit from them. The OUYA is crashing and burning (unfortunately), and the majority of the top Android apps are... well... look for yourself.
In all fairness, a vast majority of iOS/Android/WP8 apps are at tops average compared to console or handheld games for MS/Sony/Nintendo platforms. Games like The Last of Us are miles apart compared to even the best mobile games.

IMO Android has the most potential especially in terms of emulating older systems compared to any console so far due to the popularity of it. Sure the Wii has fantastic emulators, but the hardware is keeping it far from the potential. I'd imagine quite a few platforms will be emulatable on an Android system (just like any other) as long as the emulator is optimized and the hardware keeps getting updates.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
Block your apps from your child so they won't fuck with shit.(useful thanks Google!)

Am I the only one who thinks that everytime a new version releases the last 2 versions feels outdated and is shit.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Block your apps from your child so they won't fuck with shit.(useful thanks Google!)

Am I the only one who thinks that everytime a new version releases the last 2 versions feels outdated and is shit.

Yep. That's why I love Android so much. Actual improvements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users