Good T or lower rated games.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by keven3477, Jun 30, 2015.

1. keven3477
    OP

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    Can anybody suggest any good T rated games. I cant seem to find much on ps3 other than M rated games which I try to avoid. Only games I have in mind are KH series, UMvC3, sonic 2006, and J-star victory vs+ which I am planning to get

2. dsionr4

dsionr4 Gbatemp's Shonen Character

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    Jojo bizzarre adventure allstar battle and skate 2.

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Ratchet & Clank - notably Future: Tools of Destruction and Future: A Crack in Time, as well as the R&C Collection if you haven't played the PS2 ones yet
    Uncharted series - notably Uncharted 2
    Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Sly Cooper collection + Thieves in Time
    Tales of Graces F
    LittleBigPlanet games
    Portal 2 (multiplat)
    Rayman Legends (multiplat)
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Infamous 1 + 2
    Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed (multiplat)
    Jak & Daxter collection

And unless you hate yourself, fun, and everything good about gaming, don't get Sonic '06. It is a heaping pile of crap and a ridiculous waste of money.

Also, don't immediately dismiss M rated titles just because they're M rated. The Last of Us, Bioshock series (multiplat), Mass Effect series (multiplat), God of War series, as well as the Borderlands series (multiplat) are all worth playing and are just some of the titles you miss out on avoiding games due to little more than their rating.

Condarkness, TecXero and keven3477 like this.
  4. keven3477
    OP

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    I try to avoid M rated titles because I live with my family and I don't want them to find objectionable content, and I honestly don't like constantly hearing foul language.

And yes, I have heard about sonic 2006, but I just want to try it out and also most sonic games people dislike are actually games I like (Ex. shadow the hedhog, adventure 2, sonic and the black knight)

Last edited by keven3477, Jun 30, 2015
  5. leafeon34

leafeon34 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2014
    Eternal Sonata was amazing. + 1 to S&S racing transformed, better than Mario Kart 8 if you ask me. Sonic Generations is another good one.

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Assassin's Creed I
    Assassin's Creed IV
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5
    Kingdom Hearts 2.5
    Mirror's Edge
    MotorStorm
    MotorStorm Apocalypse
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red
    Prince of Persia (2008)
    Rayman Legends
    Red Dead Redemption (you just travel by horse and do some shooting, nothing really over the line here -- Unless you go for that trophy)
    Sonic Generations
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Tekken Tag 2
    The Last of Us
    Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2 (can't really recommend Uncharted 3 as I hated it 'cause it was a boredom of an interactive DVD movie)

Btw, you wanna play Sonic 06? The only good thing about this game is the demo that was released but you can't play it on PS3 unless you downloaded it years ago. Let me tell ya, it's way better than the retail game!

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    What about M rated games do you wish to avoid? There may well be games that win a M rating because of one thing that you may find utterly inoffensive (characters smoking/drinking and minor nudity seem to be big ones to get things pinged that I would not even note), yet meet some random guideline somewhere.

Equally there seem to be things that get games the high ratings that TV show and film would not even blink at. Does this dissonance bother you or are you taking the ratings at face value?

8. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    All of these games are some of the best on PS3. Ni No Kuni is a standout as probably one of the greatest RPGs ever made, what with the bigger franchises going downhill fast. Tales games are great too, Graces F is a good one. Sly Cooper trilogy is one of those 'hidden gems' that's made its way into cult status, it's worth a play; I wouldn't say it's as good as everyone says though.

I'm not quite understanding the interest in sonic '06, it really is that bad. There is no good sonic 3D game that comes close to the 2D ones. People love Sonic Adventure, but people only love the 'idea' of it. It's only fun for the replayability.... and the Chao.

9. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Oh please, Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game to date and it's in 2D and 3D.

10. G0R3Z

Aug 12, 2014
    It's just okay. Not particularly imaginative as a game premise to be honest.

11. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The 2D Sonic games are good but compared to Mario 3 and Mario World, eh, they're not that great.

12. G0R3Z

Aug 12, 2014
    I just don't think Sonic in 3D translated quite as well as Mario did. Plus with 3D, sega suddenly had to start putting real plotlines into their games - something they're not especially good at.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  13. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah, let's be honest. Super Mario 64 did a remarkable job of bringing Mario into the 3D world. Sonic Adventure, on the other hand, didn't transition so well.

14. keven3477
    OP

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    I am trying to avoid the M rated games that are very offensive, more than excessive gore or have crude themes, like gta or mortal kombat.
    I will get M games eventually like persona (I hear is good), castlevania, Devil May Cry(not DMC) etc... but for now im looking for T or lower.
    As for sonic racing transformed, that was my first game bought for my Wii U and enjoyed it.
    like I have said, I have enjoyed the 3d sonic games (adventure Dx, 2, heroes, shadow, secret rings, black knight, unleashed, colors (haven't played lost world or boom yet)) so maybe I will get generations.
    I have also heard good things about a game called Journey.

Last edited by keven3477, Jul 11, 2015
  15. leafeon34

Sep 30, 2014
    If you go on PSN you can pick up Jet Set Radio HD, NiGHTS into Dreams HD and Okami HD. Haven't played them myself, but they seem to be very popular.

16. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Uncharted: 1,2,3
    3D Dot Game Heroes
    Little Big Planet: 1,2,3
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time, Into the Nexus
    Gran Turismo 5,6
    Bataman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins
    Infamous 1,2
    Journey Collectors Edition
    Katamari Forever

these all should be T or lower

17. keven3477
    OP

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    I guess I might try ratchet clank collection first since people are suggesting it.

I cant go to psn since I am in rogero cfw 4.70, Okami does sound interesting.

18. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I still wouldn't dismiss rated M games unless they completely object to blood. There are plenty of Rated M games that don't use foul language, or use little of it. Bioshock doesn't use much language, it just tends to be a bit eerie and has a bit of blood here and there. I'd recommend Bioshock 2. The story is crap, but it has a bit better gameplay (at least that's how it was on PC, can't say for PS3). God of War is not really that bad, it has some mild nudity and over the top silly violence, but I can't think of any profanity beyond what you'd hear in older literature.

As for Sonic '06, it's really bad, and I like a lot of Sonic games. If you're just curious, and you can find it for less than a sandwich, I say go for it. At the very least, after you've sated your curiosity, you'll have a coaster or something you can mount to your wall.

keven3477 likes this.
  19. leafeon34

Sep 30, 2014
    To my understanding you can download PSN games off file sharing sites and install them on a CFW PS3. How to do so... well you'll probably find a tutorial on one of your favourite backup websites.

keven3477 likes this.
  20. epicboy

epicboy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    United States
    I didn't see anyone mentioning Dark Souls 2. AMAZING game in my opinion