good symbian resources??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by blainy, Dec 23, 2010.

Dec 23, 2010

good symbian resources?? by blainy at 2:04 PM (697 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. blainy
    OP

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    ok, so im just got my hands on a nokia e71 (symbian s60v3) and am looking for good resources for finding out about software (reviews for free and paid) and also places i can download free symbian softwares.

also, if you can recommend me any good games, apps, or utilities, that would be awesome too. im currently trying to find a good file browser, a good ebook reader, and also a .cbr/.cbz comic book reader (though i havent found anything relating to comics for s60 3rd, just s60 5th.) i guess with the comic book reader, i am open to suggestions for possible workarounds through image viewers or something, as i am aware the comic archives can be extracted to images.

2. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    I use the default image viewer in Symbian^3 (Symbian 9.5).
    An alternate file browser would be XPlorer, which i used to use on my Symbian^1 (Symbian 9.4) device (Nokia 5800XM)

I do not use my smartphone as an ebook reader but you can just grab PDF Reader from Quickoffice to read pdfs.

EDIT: Just letting you know, but .cbr are just rar files and .cbz are just zip files. Rename the extensions and you should be able to extract the images fine. [​IMG]