Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I´m looking for a nice RPG Game on the DS. I finished Zelda Phantom Hourglass a few months ago and now I´m searching for a new good game. You know any good games?

Juli1000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah. I played FF3 but I don´t really like it. Mario & Luigi I finished ~ 60% of the game and then my SD Card crashed. Any other games for option?

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah, despite popular beliefs, there is not really any good RPG on the DS. Though if you look into gba games, you have a lot of choice.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I played FF3 but I don´t really like it. Mario & Luigi I finished ~ 60% of the game and then my SD Card crashed. Any other games for option?

No, you're pretty screwed for now. The DS doesn't have a great selection of RPGs.

You could always look here.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Sadly all the good games are Japanese, all the US and EU get is Shovelware (which, I think, is why people have such a low opinion of the DS).

If the Japanese developers even tried to translate their games, many would see the DS in a whole new light and Nintendo would probably make a lot more money out of it.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'd go for Dragon Quest IV. i like it a lot more than ff3.
yes, its only out in japanese, but the AR cheats unlock nearly complete english and german languages

QUOTE said:
Sadly all the good games are Japanese, all the US and EU get is Shovelware (which, I think, is why people have such a low opinion of the DS).

If the Japanese developers even tried to translate their games, many would see the DS in a whole new light and Nintendo would probably make a lot more money out of it.

agree!
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

I like Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker myself. I think it is on par with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. But I played Etrian Odyssey and I think it is actually, on the whole, quite, CRAP.

TuMatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luminous Arc -> loved it and finished. very Fire Emblemish
Magical Starsign -> entertains for quite some time

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just go to the GBA. I was looking for a DS one to play a while back but i just ended up playing golden sun and the FF GBA ports

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those two represent a sub-genre in RPGS that not everybody like .DQJ is a solid catch em' up Game while EO is a dungeon crawler ( and not so newb friendly )

Yeah, Etrian is very unfriendly.

Normally I'm not so fond of the 'catch em' up' genre, I seriously abhor the pokemon series, but I really enjoyed this game. It's more like your regular rpg than other catch em' games I think.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think everyone agrees here that the GBA is where you should go for RPGs. Golden Sun 1 & 2 own, and so do the old FFs. When the DS first came out, I hardly got any games, because I was waiting for some good RPGs. I tried Magical Starsign, but it's far too basic for a good RPG, and generally was very average.

So now I've had to make do without RPGs for a while. I generally like to play Phoenix Wright now anyway. There's quite a lot of old PC RPGs you can find on the internet if you're desperate, KOTOR is really good, and so's Oblivion if your PC can run it.

EDIT:
Just remembered there's always Children of Mana, which is good, but a bit repetitive.
Plus, there are some Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games heading towards the DS, so watch out for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu