Gaming Good quality gaming headsets?

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been considering purchasing a headset and was hoping for some suggestions on the better brands, etc (Since I've never looked at owning a headset before). Price isn't really an issue though I'd prefer to keep my spending around the AU$100 mark. I am by no means in any rush to purchase a headset so I could wait a little if that is recommended for whatever reason.
So far I like what I'm seeing in the Corsair HS1, though I'm hoping for other suggestions.

Thanks to anybody who can help.

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply and the link
smile.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Godamit said:
I've been considering purchasing a headset and was hoping for some suggestions on the better brands, etc (Since I've never looked at owning a headset before). Price isn't really an issue though I'd prefer to keep my spending around the AU$100 mark. I am by no means in any rush to purchase a headset so I could wait a little if that is recommended for whatever reason.
So far I like what I'm seeing in the Corsair HS1, though I'm hoping for other suggestions.

Thanks to anybody who can help.
Don't buy with local price, do whatever you can so you can buy it with US price, a bit of shipping is fine really. I have the logitech g35 , it has this nifty things like having it's own soundcard, or three buttons, or swappable ear pads

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just going to say the only reason I added "AU" to the price was since prices vary between US and AU so I wanted to be exact with my spending amount. I will most likely get the headset shipped considering I'm not exactly finding these better quality headsets in local stores.

Though I did come across the Logitech G35, looks quite nice as well.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Arwing - lol . i don't know what to say . it's true really . i bought a headset , i never use it now . i switched to using my Rockband Mic of all things . the one that came with the set . i also use my speakers and i am good . my friends say the quality of the mic is great and supah clear . i even tested it out with Skype Echo Sound Test and it sounded clear . all i can say is that get a nice pair of headphones , then invest on a mic of some sort .

if you can , just get the rockband one . if that's too pricey , i am sure those desktop mics are good too .

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Arwing789 said:
snip

(sorry if it comes off sounding harsh, it's not my picture
happy.gif
)
While I agree with pretty much everything in this image, something has to be made clear:

My guild is NOT a [censored] guild. It hurts my feelings when you say that
sad.gif

Godamit

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually found that picture kinda amusing. Just to clarify though, contrary to what it says about getting an advantage through sound, that is not exactly my purpose for purchasing a headset.
My main reason is to be able to listen to my video games avoiding noise which may occur in my house from time to time and also so not everybody in my house can hear what is going on in my room .

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That picture must have been made some 10 years ago. That or its creator is retarded (based on the use of the word "f****t", it's probably that).

Sennheiser headsets are very good. The sound quality is fantastic and they're not THAT expensive. (I believe i paid $80 for mine).

Since my poor sennheiser headset started to die (i'm kind of rough on headsets >.>) I bought a Logitech G330, and it's pretty fantastic. I expected shit sound quality, but it's pretty good. Sennheiser headsets primarily exist for fantastic sound quality, so the mic isn't the best ever (but it's still good), where as my Logitech G330 clearly focuses on the mic and the sound quality is good, but not as good as my Sennheiser headset.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
That picture must have been made some 10 years ago. That or its creator is retarded (based on the use of the word "f****t", it's probably that).

Sennheiser headsets are very good. The sound quality is fantastic and they're not THAT expensive. (I believe i paid $80 for mine).

Since my poor sennheiser headset started to die (i'm kind of rough on headsets >.>) I bought a Logitech G330, and it's pretty fantastic. I expected shit sound quality, but it's pretty good. Sennheiser headsets primarily exist for fantastic sound quality, so the mic isn't the best ever (but it's still good), where as my Logitech G330 clearly focuses on the mic and the sound quality is good, but not as good as my Sennheiser headset.

WoW was released in 2004. The whole KDR craze began with Call of Duty 4, which was released in 2007. Surround sound headphones weren't too popular either until around 2009. If you think this picture was made in 2001 (which it definitely was not) then maybe that fancy headset of yours must be doing more damage to your thick skull than you think.

If you're rough on headsets, maybe you should read the picture again. A dedicated microphone and a pair of cans means less parts, and less chance of failure. Just get some Audio Technicas and a clip-on Zalman mic. Feel free to be as rough with it as you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)