Gaming Good multiplayer games for wii? Do they exist?

What do you think about the wii multiplayer?

• It's **** That's why I only have 1 wii mote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Except for Mario Kart Wii and SSBB, there's not really a lot of choice in multiplayer games

• There are some nice 2-player games, but when it comes to 4-player games, the wii fails

• Multiplayer on Wii is the best

• Rather good

• Rather bad

• Total voters

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I think I'm clear on this one.
I personally think that the wii's multiplayer is kind of limited, when i bought my wii i thought that there would be a lot nice multiplayer games...But most of them disappoint me. There's not even a good FPS with split screen(and don't say red steel cuz it's lame), i think the wii has a lot potential but apperently nobody gives a ****.like why doesn't CoD: WaW has a splitscreen option? is the wii's hardware really that weak? perfect dark on N64 had splitscreen and 4-player multiplay...
So either the game creators think that games don't have any friends, or they're just screwing the wii over. There are some games that have 2-player co-op...it's better than nothing but still, when i ask some friends over i usually ask more than one so 2-player games aren't really something for me...Luckely we still have SSBB and Mario Kart Wii.

Please tell me what you think of the wii's multiplayer

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Two players games are "mostly" good.
You can't forget that there are "The House of the Dead", "Residen Evil Chronicles" (and other gun games), the Lego games, Mario Party and, why not, Trauma Center Second Opinion (kick ass in co-op mode, in my opinion).
But 4 player games nor only there are some lack of it, but also the existent ones are mostly "so-so".

Online multiplayer is a mix of love and hate.
There are some cool games to play online, but the friend code stuff got in the way (Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 online rulez, but it's almost impossible to find someone online nowadays).

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii was made for offline multiplayer. Aside from SSBB and Mario Kart,

Wario Ware.
Rayman Raving Rabbids (the first one and TV party, #2 sucks)
Wii Sports.
Bomberman Blast.
Pro Evolution Soccer.
Tetris Party.
Boom Blox.
The band games.
All the lightgun games, especially RE:UC and HoTD.

For only being out 2 years and 5 months, that's a pretty decent lineup. When people complain about Wii games, it's usually about singleplayer or online multiplayer, I don't hear much bad about offline multiplayer.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wii was built for offline multiplayer! It usually collects dust until i have friends over. SSBB, mario kart, guitar hero, rockband - all fun games with friends! But only for a little while at a time though.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i am very disapointed with the multiplayer games on wii ...

especially games like SSBB and Mario Kart Wii suck way to bad -.-V

I mostly play Wii when a friend of mine is here but sadly we play barely allways only single player games because most multiplayer games are either bad or just not what we like to play.

my current hope is FFCC but well we are already stuck after the first boss so we got annoyed already as well ... and i don't need a wii for a game like this ... both of us don't like it on the wii ... its better on the DS (well its the same game but i don't like those 2 boxes for screen on the wii version and i am no fan of the controls)

(lucky there is a backuploader with all those bad games and good games that are bad because of the controls .... already bought to much games -.- )

currently there are only two games i played more than ~10 hours
Tales of Symphonia and Pangya
(well ok wii sports but thats mainly because its the first game i had ...)

P.S. your voting options suck bad -.-V if you do a voting you should give voting options that are neutral and have not your opinion in them -.-
like why the hell do you have games listened in the 2nd option ? i for one really dislake those games

Nera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Youkai said:
Well i am very disapointed with the multiplayer games on wii ...

especially games like SSBB and Mario Kart Wii suck way to bad -.-V

I mostly play Wii when a friend of mine is here but sadly we play barely allways only single player games because most multiplayer games are either bad or just not what we like to play.

my current hope is FFCC but well we are already stuck after the first boss so we got annoyed already as well ... and i don't need a wii for a game like this ... both of us don't like it on the wii ... its better on the DS (well its the same game but i don't like those 2 boxes for screen on the wii version and i am no fan of the controls)

(lucky there is a backuploader with all those bad games and good games that are bad because of the controls .... already bought to much games -.- )

currently there are only two games i played more than ~10 hours
Tales of Symphonia and Pangya
(well ok wii sports but thats mainly because its the first game i had ...)

P.S. your voting options suck bad -.-V if you do a voting you should give voting options that are neutral and have not your opinion in them -.-
like why the hell do you have games listened in the 2nd option ? i for one really dislake those games
I added 2 new voting options that are rather neutral.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems Developers are trying for online and making local a Second priority (Conduit is a good example of this) Which is fine, but I would rather they included both

tyberiyan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say..besides SSBB and Mario Kart, Wii multiplaying is very limiting. Nintendo is kinda just spamming the market with so-so stuff like Wii sports, Wii Play, and all those other random spinoffs. They're trying so hard to get people who don't really play video games that they've alienated their original fanbase. They've only made two good multiplay Mario games for the Wii, and for Nintendo, that's pretty bad.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Smash Brothers Brawl is like the best game out there (for multiplayer). Mario Kart Wii is decent also, in my books.
But I have yet to find another game like SSBB for the Wii. It's kind of pathetic really. I bought SSBB because I knew it would be a good game, not just "experimenting". I'd have to say this is kind of a reason to piracy. Wii Sports is good too, for a little while. After that, it just plain sucks.

Like, if I go to BestBuy.ca, their Wii section STILL has Mario Kart Wii.

I just hope it doesn't go to the extent Apple's App Store does. Allowing WAY MORE effing apps which are pretty much repeats, and just lame in general. It's still good, although, it's hard to find what's good out there because most of the crap is garbage. IMHO, Apple needs to start limiting a bit more. (Sorry I got off topic, just my little rant.)

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they have shit for 2 plaer splitscreen, damn i wish the conduit had that, its all online, i do go online sometimes but if i wanna play with a friend, then shit!

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That reminds me of Mario Party. At first, the game was good/decent, but then it just gets boring/repetitive. Nintendo has so many Mario Party games I've lost track of them all, and will probably never get another one.

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warm Woolly Sheep said:
Wario Ware.
Rayman Raving Rabbids (the first one and TV party, #2 sucks)
Wii Sports.
Bomberman Blast.
Pro Evolution Soccer.
Tetris Party.
Boom Blox.
The band games.
All the lightgun games, especially RE:UC and HoTD.

So...mini games, mini games, mini games, fun for an hour at most, etc until we come back to mini games. At least we will get that new super mario bros with 4 player support but if you really look at the Wii's offline multiplayer its 90% minigames, which is incredibly lame.

Take for instance Xbox360, nobody would dare assume it could live up to the Wii for multiplayer, but its better. You can play all those great shooter games like L4D, halo, COD, GOW... split screen with a buddy, not to mention great games like castle crashers. The Wii's cool shooters are all online only, the only offline multiplayer it offers is minigame compilations and the same franchises we have been playing since we were little kids. I can play Wii 2player with a friend for about an hour, maybe two, after that its just boring.

UnFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just learned about SSBB+. I'm gonna be playing that alot with my friends. Yah!!
hrth.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: