OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wanna get a new MP3 player
happy.gif
. My Zen... It is getting hard to manage, having to install the software, and sometimes, losing the cable to connect it, I am thinking of moving onto something more... "common".

So basically, all it needs to do is play MP3s, play MP4s or AVIs (or other common video formats) and is a minimum of 4GB memory. Price I am willing to pay, $250 /w tax. Canadian Currency btw. So in US Currency, it'll be below that xDD.

Looking into Archos, and if you want a nice one from them, you are gonna be paying a lot of money... The Cowon S9 looks pretty cool too, but I guess that price is acceptable too... So yea, what else is out there?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Dingoo looks cool. It's around $80 and plays video, music, and a bunch of emulators.

I use an older iPod Video, personally. It's got 80GB memory and has worked for years. You can probably find 'em really cheap now, too. The only annoying thing is the lack of .avi support, but even then you can just rip and convert movies.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my best bet is to find the 120 gb of either the ipod or zune. i found my 120zune for 180 on amazon. im pretty sure the ipod is around the same price. and they last longer than any of the others

Edit: If you need any other help just quote me and ill find out for ya

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Dingoo eh. I was thinking about getting one of those a few days back. Speakers any good? Because, while using headphones, I gotta know if it is any good.

I personally, don't want to go with Apple. You'll find too many look alikes. The Zune, am waiting for HD. Wonder how much it'll cost...?

Sansa Clip+... iunno. Rockbox...?

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and even here in the us its hard to find one due to limited release.

if u want a solely mp3 player, then go for a zune 80 or 120. lots of storage, great durability, good functions

but if you want an all around device the dingoo is the next best thing, multiple emulators in good working order, pretty much drag and drop onto card, included memory, 32gb max capacity, great and up to date homebrew support

just some things to help you decide

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
Actually you should buy this and just dont use a SIM card.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...tingid=50703083
It almost does everything the iPhone does.
Except it has a customizable UI and has flash built in the browser.
cool.gif
that has to feel uncomfortable in your pocket. And if you have it flat side to you, people are gonna think weird things of whats pocking from your pocket. lol

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Vidboy10 said:
cool.gif
that has to feel uncomfortable in your pocket. And if you have it flat side to you, people are gonna think weird things of whats pocking from your pocket. lol
Dont worry, Theres always an Alternative!
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Hero-Sprint-3G-And...id=p3286.c0.m14

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
dinofan01 said:
Vidboy10 said:
cool.gif
Dont worry, Theres always an Alternative!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HTC-Hero-Sprint-3G-Andr...id=p3286.c0.m14
very sexy.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really don't see how you could ditch the Zen for anything else...
When my ZEN is broken, I'm just gonna buy the exact same one again. It's awesome!
Battery life is amazing, watching videos on it is so handy, and the sound quality is awesome!
About losing the cable, I just put it behind my screen or next to it, leave it there at all times.
And software installing? I haven't installed anything of software for it in the past year.
It's still working fine, why would I update anything of it?
Really, go with the 8GB version and buy yourself an 8GB SD card (like I did), and you'll only have to pay 100 dollars or so.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screw it... People these days... Over my budget like hell. I might as well, buy myself a new phone for all I care. My Zen is nice and all, but... I was looking for something that can do "more" things.. But it seems like the closest thing into getting more things is just by getting a Dingoo for myself... I guess that is the best my budget can do...

And I just realized something... If I am gonna be paying this much for a media player, I might as well buy myself a new phone at that price that can also play media files...

So peoplez, don't reply. Lock the topic if a mod passes by. I am just gonna go phone searching at my budget ($250 with tax)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the 120GB iPod Classic is 250 CAD, I got my 80GB for that price a year and a half ago. And you can't get a good phone for 250 dollars, most of them are shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1