Good guide to safe upgrading storage?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to upgrade my SSD to a bigger size, first i need to buy one, but when i do How would i transfer the one i have already to the new one without any problems?

I currently have a SSD and HDD installed in my laptop, but i want to copy the SDD with my OS and files to the new one and replace it with the upgraded one. Does anyone have experience with this process? :unsure:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Idk if it's still true, or even true at all but it's best to reinstall the OS on the SSD.
Had something to do with speed or w/e.

Other then that, I think creating an image of the current disc and transferring it to the SSD could work

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just rip out the sata cable and just literally get a hammer and mash the old ssd together with a new one to combine their storage.

Really though, I'd store your non-os related files on an external hard drive (including program files) and plug in your new ssd, install a fresh version of your os then copy the files from the external hard drive to your new ssd.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get your new ssd, take out the hdd and put the ssd it’s slot. Get mini tool partition wizard and choose clone. Target the drive you wish to clone to and let it do its thing. The remove your old ssd, put the new one in its place, and put the hdd back in its spot. Boom, hassle free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb