Good GIMP tutorials?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Sop, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

Good GIMP tutorials? by Sop at 7:52 AM (343 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    I've been using GIMP lately, and been browsing some of the art, banners etc that can be made in it. I'm alright at the basic stuff (see banner in my signature) but I would like to get to know how to use it, and it's plugins better.

2. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Damn when you said Gimp , I was thinking something else LMAO

3. jmr

Newcomer jmr Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    theres a lot of gimp tutorials on deviantart.com

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Given things can be taught any number of ways and people respond to different methods of being taught you are probably best to find one that suits you. For what it is worth though I have seen several good tutorials for various things on youtube (though there are bad ones and ones with some odd ideas about things) and I hold the documentation for GIMP is somewhat above the "next to nothing" approach that many open source projects go in for to the point where it is actually not bad.

From what you said it sounds like you would be better served learning general image manipulation- it will come as part of application specific tutorials if you ponder it but a tutorial that covers why you might want say layers and layer masks is going to do you far more than saying highlight what you want and click layer.....
    Equally much like most learning exercises it is best if you have a goal in mind but it looks like you have something there.

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania