Hacking Good evening!

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, my name is Kameron Brown. Thanks for having me here!

I am posting here because I have a question.

I downloaded a "fixed" copy of Mega Man X3 for the PSX. It plays perfectly, save for the music--but the only music that plays in this game is the music for the animated cutscenes.

I have the BIN music files in the same folder as the EBOOT file.

How do I fix this so that the game will play ALL music?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You must convert your multitrack cue+bin backup to single track BEFORE converting it to eboot (using IsoBuster or CDMage: open the .cue, right click the folder representing the whole disc, export - user data, save as img, use that in PSX2PSP)

You will also need the cdda_enabler plugin setup on your console

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must convert your multitrack cue+bin backup to single track BEFORE converting it to eboot (using IsoBuster or CDMage: open the .cue, right click the folder representing the whole disc, export - user data, save as img, use that in PSX2PSP)

You will also need the cdda_enabler plugin setup on your console

I am playing this on my PSP Go.

I am sorry to bother you about this, but can you be more specific about the steps? I have both of the programs you suggested opening, but neither of them will allow me to export the disc images, as you suggested--unless I am misunderstanding your directions.

Last edited by Maverick_Sigma2012,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Should be this one:
Untitled.png

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It won't let me save as .img, so i saved it as a .bin. what do I do next?
Open PSX2PSP (with the "classic mode" link)
Click the button next to "ISO/PBP File 1" and open the copy of the game you saved, then set an output folder, the next 4 fields (titles and titleids) should be autofilled,
Add an icon image (recommended but optional), you can ignore all the other pictures/sounds,
Click Options and set compression to your choice between 0 and 3, then go on with the conversion;

You'll end up with a new EBOOT.PBP to be put in /PSP/GAME/{titleid or other folder name}/EBOOT.PBP

As said before, you'll also want to get the cdda_enabler.prx plugin (and add it to /seplugins/pops.txt) to actually get the soundtrack, included in the EBOOT with the previous steps, to play on the console!

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open PSX2PSP (with the "classic mode" link)
Click the button next to "ISO/PBP File 1" and open the copy of the game you saved, then set an output folder, the next 4 fields (titles and titleids) should be autofilled,
Add an icon image (recommended but optional), you can ignore all the other pictures/sounds,
Click Options and set compression to your choice between 0 and 3, then go on with the conversion;

You'll end up with a new EBOOT.PBP to be put in /PSP/GAME/{titleid or other folder name}/EBOOT.PBP

As said before, you'll also want to get the cdda_enabler.prx plugin (and add it to /seplugins/pops.txt) to actually get the soundtrack, included in the EBOOT with the previous steps, to play on the console!

I got it working. Thanks for your assistance and patience with me.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu