Hacking Good evening!

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, my name is Kameron Brown. Thanks for having me here!

I am posting here because I have a question.

I downloaded a "fixed" copy of Mega Man X3 for the PSX. It plays perfectly, save for the music--but the only music that plays in this game is the music for the animated cutscenes.

I have the BIN music files in the same folder as the EBOOT file.

How do I fix this so that the game will play ALL music?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You must convert your multitrack cue+bin backup to single track BEFORE converting it to eboot (using IsoBuster or CDMage: open the .cue, right click the folder representing the whole disc, export - user data, save as img, use that in PSX2PSP)

You will also need the cdda_enabler plugin setup on your console

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must convert your multitrack cue+bin backup to single track BEFORE converting it to eboot (using IsoBuster or CDMage: open the .cue, right click the folder representing the whole disc, export - user data, save as img, use that in PSX2PSP)

You will also need the cdda_enabler plugin setup on your console

I am playing this on my PSP Go.

I am sorry to bother you about this, but can you be more specific about the steps? I have both of the programs you suggested opening, but neither of them will allow me to export the disc images, as you suggested--unless I am misunderstanding your directions.

Last edited by Maverick_Sigma2012,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Should be this one:
Untitled.png

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It won't let me save as .img, so i saved it as a .bin. what do I do next?
Open PSX2PSP (with the "classic mode" link)
Click the button next to "ISO/PBP File 1" and open the copy of the game you saved, then set an output folder, the next 4 fields (titles and titleids) should be autofilled,
Add an icon image (recommended but optional), you can ignore all the other pictures/sounds,
Click Options and set compression to your choice between 0 and 3, then go on with the conversion;

You'll end up with a new EBOOT.PBP to be put in /PSP/GAME/{titleid or other folder name}/EBOOT.PBP

As said before, you'll also want to get the cdda_enabler.prx plugin (and add it to /seplugins/pops.txt) to actually get the soundtrack, included in the EBOOT with the previous steps, to play on the console!

Maverick_Sigma2012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open PSX2PSP (with the "classic mode" link)
Click the button next to "ISO/PBP File 1" and open the copy of the game you saved, then set an output folder, the next 4 fields (titles and titleids) should be autofilled,
Add an icon image (recommended but optional), you can ignore all the other pictures/sounds,
Click Options and set compression to your choice between 0 and 3, then go on with the conversion;

You'll end up with a new EBOOT.PBP to be put in /PSP/GAME/{titleid or other folder name}/EBOOT.PBP

As said before, you'll also want to get the cdda_enabler.prx plugin (and add it to /seplugins/pops.txt) to actually get the soundtrack, included in the EBOOT with the previous steps, to play on the console!

I got it working. Thanks for your assistance and patience with me.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.