Gaming Good eShop games under $20? DLC?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what to do with $20 eShop credit? Should I use it on New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but HarmoKnight is $15.

It's a rhythm game (think Guitar Hero) developed by GameFreak (of Pokemon fame). It has a really great art style, is a unique IP, and is really fun to play.

For reference I usually hate rhythm games but HarmoKnight is definitely worth it, IMO.

Also the extra Mii Plaza games are a really cool add-on. $15 as well.

Reactions: TyBlood13

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have fire emblem awakening pick up some of the dlc for it and you can do all sorts of new things with the items and abilities, not to mention the challenge maps

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Shooter 1 & 2 are free on Android, so $3 seems quite expensive doesn't it?

i dont know much about android, i thought it was a Smart Phone OS. cell phones are only good for calling a towtruck or checking the weather. serious gamers over the age of 10 need a proper game system with real physical controls. trying to play a game other than Solitaire or Breakout on a touchscreen gets annoying pretty fast.

i really cant imagine what controls this type of game could possibly use on an iPhone touchscreen. it just sounds incredibly awkward. luckily the 3DS slidepad and buttons work great.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the following Zelda titles, in this order:
1) The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
2) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
3) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

If you are definitely buying 2 of them, go with both Oracle games, as they can be linked for alternative stories.

aur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know much about android, i thought it was a Smart Phone OS. cell phones are only good for calling a towtruck or checking the weather. serious gamers over the age of 10 need a proper game system with real physical controls. trying to play a game other than Solitaire or Breakout on a touchscreen gets annoying pretty fast.

i really cant imagine what controls this type of game could possibly use on an iPhone touchscreen. it just sounds incredibly awkward. luckily the 3DS slidepad and buttons work great.

one shouldn't assume that Android automatically means a smart phone, or that it won't have physical controls... the lines have become incredibly blurred over the last couple of years. My point was only that the same game is free on a different platform (and presumably a twin stick shooter works even better with two thumb sticks?).

I have been surprised at how well a lot of games work with touch control - I was also sceptical before I tried it. A lot of people rave about using the 3DS and Wii U touch screen as an input device too (e.g. Kid Icarus)

but no problem and each to their own :-)

and for the record I love my 3DS and Wii U, but I'm not closed to the idea of alternatives!

sorry, back on topic ... +1 for Gunman Clive & Mighty Switch Force, even though they might be available on other platforms ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: