1. Poketard

OP Poketard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been trying to use no$gba, but it's an awful experience. It's unironically ignoring breakpoints. I can't do anything with the damn thing if its basic functionality doesn't work. (And yes, I can verify it's ignoring break points because some DO work, and then in there I can look at the link register and stack to determine execution...)
    Basically, this is a plea for help. Please, is there a better way to debug a DS game? I've heard desmume can be used with the gdb stub version, but I can't for the life of me find a build with it for windows, nor how to compile it with it on windows.

2. Kajitani-Eizan

Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't know of other debuggers myself.

What sorts of breakpoints aren't working? There are some bugs and/or things where it needs to be in a certain state for breakpoints to work. If it helps, try pausing execution after an overlay change but prior to the point the breakpoint should trigger. Alternately, try using a different type of breakpoint (e.g. register value vs. memory location value vs. memory location read/write vs. instruction execution).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - engineering, debugger, reverse