Hacking Goldleaf won't launch (OFW 1.0.0, AMS 0.8.9)

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wondering if anyone can help me:

When I try to launch Goldleaf, it just switches to an empty screen with the switch logo on the bottom left of the screen and "A Button - OK" on the bottom right. I can push the home button to go back to the home screen and open Homebrew menu (v3.0.1) again. I can open other homebrew (tried Retroarch, SNES emulator), but Goldleaf won't open at all (tried versions 0.5, 0.4 and 0.1). Is this because of my firmware version?

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, pLaYeR^^! I am using ChoidujourNX to update to ofw 4.1.0 right now, but I am not sure if I should choose 4.1 or 4.1 exfat, since ofw 1.0.0 doesn't support exfat sd cards. Do you know if I can safely choose 4.1 exfat or if I should select 4.1 and then find a way to add compatibility with exfat sd cards?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks, pLaYeR^^! I am using ChoidujourNX to update to ofw 4.1.0 right now, but I am not sure if I should choose 4.1 or 4.1 exfat, since ofw 1.0.0 doesn't support exfat sd cards. Do you know if I can safely choose 4.1 exfat or if I should select 4.1 and then find a way to add compatibility with exfat sd cards?
Simply choose exFAT. Keep in mind that you should only use FAT32 for your micro sd card because exFAT is known for corruption on switch consoles. So if you update with exFAT, you can still use micro sd cards with FAT32 format and you won’t have problems. FAT32 has a file size limit with 4GB, so for NSPs bigger than 4GB you need either split them or use USB install (Goldtree).

Also you can simply update to 7.0.1 or 8.0.1. Why stay on 4.1.0?

Reactions: JGSM

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
exfat option simply means that you will have an exfat driver, doen't mean you need to use exfat sd necessarily... better use fat32 as was stated above.

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Simply choose exFAT. Keep in mind that you should only use FAT32 for your micro sd card because exFAT is known for corruption on switch consoles. So if you update with exFAT, you can still use micro sd cards with FAT32 format and you won’t have problems. FAT32 has a file size limit with 4GB, so for NSPs bigger than 4GB you need either split them or use USB install (Goldtree).

Also you can simply update to 7.0.1 or 8.0.1. Why stay on 4.1.0?

So, I used ChoidujourNX to update to 7.0.1 and now my console won't go past the Switch logo... I've been using RCM auto-boot all the time so far, and I have a NAND backup I can try to use to restore my console back to 1.0.0, but if there's any suggestion of what I could do before I try that, it would be welcome!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, I used ChoidujourNX to update to 7.0.1 and now my console won't go past the Switch logo... I've been using RCM auto-boot all the time so far, and I have a NAND backup I can try to use to restore my console back to 1.0.0, but if there's any suggestion of what I could do before I try that, it would be welcome!
So you can inject a payload and the switch logo appears? Did you choose the exFAT option in ChoiDujourNX? Also have you used the latest Kosmos release?

Reactions: JGSM

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you can inject a payload and the switch logo appears? Did you choose the exFAT option in ChoiDujourNX? Also have you used the latest Kosmos release?

Yes, payloads still work. I am using the latest Hekate (4.10.1) and the latest Kosmos/Atmosphere (0.8.9), made from that sdsetup.com website. Hekate is set to autolaunch Atmosphere, but I can just hold down the Volume - button to cancel the autolaunch and browse hekate's options instead. Right now when I try to launch Atmosphere things show up on the screen in the following order:
Atlas nx kosmos all-in-one package
Sept by aotmosphere
Nintendo
Switch (and stops there)

And I did choose the exFAT option in ChoidujourNX.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by JGSM,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, payloads still work. I am using the latest Hekate (4.10.1) and the latest Kosmos/Atmosphere (0.8.9), made from that sdsetup.com website. Hekate is set to autolaunch Atmosphere, but I can just hold down the Volume - button to cancel the autolaunch and browse hekate's options instead. Right now when I try to launch Atmosphere things show up on the screen in the following order:
Sept by aotmosphere
Nintendo
Switch (and stops there)

Thanks for the help!
Maybe try the latest release from here: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases. Replace all files.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your backup include raw, boot0 and boot1? You need all three to restore

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all those, but the raw one is divided in several parts because I didn't have the exFAT driver installed on my switch.
That's fine. You can use a PC and join them all. Then get a exfat SD and put the one raw file and the two boot files on there to restore

JGSM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's fine. You can use a PC and join them all. Then get a exfat SD and put the one raw file and the two boot files on there to restore

So if I just put the all the rawnand files in a folder, the switch won't be able to put them together and restore the nand? Do I necessarily have to merge them by myself?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe try the latest release from here: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases. Replace all files.

I created a pack of files a few hours ago, using sdsetup.com, like it is says on the link you sent. I think I already have the latest of everything...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol