rambutann

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,
I am very new to Switch CFW and ran into a dozen issues on the way. Could you help me with these issues/questions? I am running emuNAND Atmosphere with Hekate. I do everything on a Mac, then use reset archive bit tool on Hekate after making changes on the SD.

1. On Goldleaf (6.0.1), my nsp folder is strewn with 4kb NSP files of all the games I had installed earlier. I cannot see them on Finder, only on Goldleaf browser. Are these files safe to delete? How do I prevent them from being created?
2. I accidentally launched Hekate without the proper files (the console-like UI booted) on the SD card, even without creating emuNAND. After launching, it just went back to a black screen. I only made my NAND backup after this accident. Is my NAND backup 'dirty'?
3. Do I need to update signature patches for Atmosphere regularly? Or is there no need to?
4. What is the easiest method to upgrade to another SD card? I only have a 64gb SD card, but may upgrade to a 256gb one in the future.
5. Is it okay to download and install NSP updates from another site that I didn't download the base game on? They are from the same region though.

Sorry for so many questions, I thought this website and forum would be the best option to ask away all my concerns. Thanks for your help!

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You used mac os when you copied it, hence the ._ files that are 4kb in size. Just batch delete it in windows(make sure to unhide hidden files) or you have to do some terminal stuff to do it on mac to delete these files, it’s here somewhere but i cant seem to find it

2. Not sure

3. No need, unless there is a new update and the cfw has been patched.

4. Good ol Copy and paste

5. Yes it is
L

Last edited by Akira,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE