OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
bored, thought I'd try the game out

and are you serious? what the fuck were they thinking with the controls? firing one gun on L and the other on R, no way that works well when you're using the stylus to look around, I only bothered with it for a few minutes, but from what I played they seem to have a solid engine with some decent level design.. but the controls suck ass

I guess metroid prime hunters is the best DS FPS...

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bored, thought I'd try the game out

and are you serious? what the fuck were they thinking with the controls? firing one gun on L and the other on R, no way that works well when you're using the stylus to look around, I only bothered with it for a few minutes, but from what I played they seem to have a solid engine with some decent level design.. but the controls suck ass

I guess metroid prime hunters is the best DS FPS...

I don''t find the controls that bad...
And just so you know, if you select 'stylus controls' there should be an icon in the bottom of the touch screen that lets you choose the type of shooting, like only right hand, only left hand or both.
You tap it , and you cycle trough the firing options, and keep firing with L or R depending on how you hold the DS.
I liked this game but it just got boring after a while and I never finished it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fount the engine to be quite solid and controlled quite well with enough options to change control, the level design was monotonous, enemies seem identicle and super armoured. Fount the game boring.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use the strap instead of the stylus, the L and R shooting works just fine. I actually beaten the game and prefer the multiplayer of goldeneye DS to metroid hunter. Feels more like the good old goldeneye. I'm probably the only one on earth that feels that way though...

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actualy liked the game. Finished it on medium when it came out, but I guess compared to other DS games these days, its pretty dodgy... I used to think it was great, but I play it now, and its nothing like I remembered it... But its not that bad of a game.

hirusho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a hardcopy of the game on the first day it came out in future shop (and surprisingly it took them a while to find that copy for me lol), after all golden eye was the first "first person shooter" game on ds out on market almost 2 years back then. The game itself ran smooth 3D engine and pretty enjoyable. The downside I found in the game is your aiming go ramdonly pointing sometime, reason unknown (it's been reported by other players as well). I gotta say the single card wireless 8 players truly rocks, though I only got to play with 2 friends lol. Imagine 8 players gun blasting, that'd be so cool!!!

PS: The single player mission is a joke. I beat this game in about 3~4 hours...

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game makes me so incredibly glad that EA no longer has the rights to the bond franchise. I cannot believe that they actually called the game Goldeneye. The entire idea of the game seemed to be wrapped around the main idea of trying to cash in on the fans of Rare's extremely successful FPS game with the same name. When it came out, I was looking at Metroid Prime 2 and Goldeneye and I figured I might as well go out on a limb and try this on Gamecube. I sold the game in 2 days to get what little tradeback value on this piece of shit that I could.

And yes, I did buy Metroid Prime 2 later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: